Wested Legacy series announced

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Hedji
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Wested Legacy series announced

Post by Hedji »

havershaw wrote:I ordered a TOD legacy the minute they opened orders and it arrived a few days ago and I absolutely love it.
Hey there, Mister!!! It's your friend Andy. I only put it together when I saw your comments about vintage clothing and your measurements! :D

Can I ask why you opted for the Temple of Doom style?
ltfoley
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ltfoley »

Hello There, long time me no see. I just pulled the trigger on the Raiders Legacy, 44 sized.
I've sold all my Indy jackets over the years to buy some high end jackets (SimmonsBilt or Aero) but i wanted to have an Indy in my closet. I also wanted to honor Peters' memory so this Legacy is the perfect option.
Can't wait to receive it!
havershaw
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by havershaw »

Hedji wrote:
havershaw wrote:I ordered a TOD legacy the minute they opened orders and it arrived a few days ago and I absolutely love it.
Hey there, Mister!!! It's your friend Andy. I only put it together when I saw your comments about vintage clothing and your measurements! :D

Heyyyy! Hi!
Well, I had bought a Hero earlier in the year, in shrunken lambskin. It’s great and I do love it, but shortly afterwards I got a Standard Raiders super cheap on eBay. (I wanted to see what the difference was, and the price was right.)
I loved how much shorter on me it was (more like the Todd’s and my other vintage jackets) but the lack of gussets didn’t really work for me.
The new hide (and especially the Bermans and Nathans tag, I must admit) was enough to make me want a Legacy, but it had to be different enough from the Hero that it wasn’t a super redundant purchase.
I knew TOD was a more tailored, fitted jacket, too, so that also seemed up my alley.

Also, to be honest, I got to tell my wife “no, honey, this is TOTALLY different from my other Indy jacket(s)” and it seemed to work.
Indiana_Nate
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana_Nate »

Hedji wrote:
Indiana_Nate wrote:
Hedji wrote:Looking at their measuring guide...

Any rule of thumb for measuring the back length?

Or the arm length for that matter?
If it’s cut like the hero jacket, which I believe it is, it’s a unique fit. This link helped me when I was sizing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/westedleat ... ition/amp/
Wow! Thanks for that, Nate! Lots to consider. I am 6’2” 185 lbs and the part of that article that frightens me is:
If you’re tall and slim, the jacket will drown you.
I’m hesitant to start estimating compensations in measurements, but this would be my first (perhaps only) Wested, and I’d hate to screw it up.
I was a little taken aback by it too when I first read it, but don’t let it scare you off. I’m 6’1 215lb and I really like the fit.
tomek9210
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by tomek9210 »

If this may help, I'm 191 cm tall and I weigh 83 kg (6ft 3,5" and 183 lbs) and I have a 38 size hero jacket from 2012 with backlenght of 24" (measured without collarstand) and it is perfect for higher waisted trousers. And the jacket doesn't drown me at all.
whiskyman
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by whiskyman »

This new offering sounds really quite interesting, especially as I don't currently own a Wested. Trouble is, after visiting wested 15 or so years ago, I ordered all my subsequent jackets over the phone with Peter - usually after a long chat. Somehow, it wouldn't be the same anymore- which is why I still haven't ordered a Wested since he passed. Such a great bloke - sorely missed. :cry:
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Forrest For the Trees »

havershaw wrote:
Hedji wrote:

Heyyyy! Hi!
Well, I had bought a Hero earlier in the year, in shrunken lambskin. It’s great and I do love it, but shortly afterwards I got a Standard Raiders super cheap on eBay. (I wanted to see what the difference was, and the price was right.)
I loved how much shorter on me it was (more like the Todd’s and my other vintage jackets) but the lack of gussets didn’t really work for me.
The new hide (and especially the Bermans and Nathans tag, I must admit) was enough to make me want a Legacy, but it had to be different enough from the Hero that it wasn’t a super redundant purchase.
I knew TOD was a more tailored, fitted jacket, too, so that also seemed up my alley.

Also, to be honest, I got to tell my wife “no, honey, this is TOTALLY different from my other Indy jacket(s)” and it seemed to work.
Would still love to see some photos of the jacket. Anyway you can post some image links? :TOH:
xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

Recieved my Legacy Raiders jacket today. Very nice. Overall pattern fit is same as the 'Hero' of old but with more accurate hardware, shorter straps and this new leather, which feels nice. If you're used to very thin lambskin, this aint like that, it's thicker and almost like a soft goatskin, and of course it will distress with the right colour undertones, which is the point of this new leather I think.
tubasthebest
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by tubasthebest »

This is good information xmasters. Will you be posting pictures of your jacket when you get the chance? I would love to see it. Does it drape like the lambskin in the movies, or is it too thick for that?
havershaw
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by havershaw »

I’d love to post some pics but the board’s quota was full (haven’t tried it in a day or two though).

I don’t have the pics on me but I can try again tonight.
ltfoley
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ltfoley »

same xmasters, i'm waiting for mine and i'd love to see your jacket.
Plus, how long was the waiting time?
xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

tubasthebest wrote:This is good information xmasters. Will you be posting pictures of your jacket when you get the chance? I would love to see it. Does it drape like the lambskin in the movies, or is it too thick for that?

It's probably a little bit thicker than the standard authentic lamb wested use, but I've had authentic lamb jackets that varied in thickness too. Some were paper thin, others were more dense. In terms of the texture I wouldn't say it's better than the washed lamb or the shrunken lamb (and def not better than the striated BK lamb obv). I might even still recommend those over this to people who want a jacket that's ready to go out of the box (in leather terms). This new leather feels like it's made for the wearer to beat it up to get the required look (because it has lighter brown warm undertones), and I've seen pictures of that, but I've not started on mine yet. My initial thought though, is that this leather is probably better for a Temple of Doom jacket.

I'll post pics of mine when I've worn it a bit, because it looks new just like the pictures you can see on the website.
ltfoley
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ltfoley »

My jacket is on its way to me ! Can't wait!
ltfoley
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ltfoley »

Great, just got hit by a customs duty payment alert. 116.5€
Thanks Brexit.
First time in my life i have to pay a tax from UK to France.
That makes the jacket 312 + 116€.
Kinda angry at myself right now, i should have been more careful.
:(
The Aviator
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by The Aviator »

ltfoley wrote:Great, just got hit by a customs duty payment alert. 116.5€
Thanks Brexit.

Ouch that is scandalous, I’ve never paid tax that high on any item. It will take a while before we see the impact of this on small business. Least of all those few who still manufacture in a Britain.

Best

Gerry
havershaw
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by havershaw »

Wow, that’s lousy.

The exchange rate was particularly bad (for me) on the day I ordered mine. With shipping, it was about $400.
Sakis
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Sakis »

Thanks Brexit.
I was afraid of this. Were you informed by DHL?
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Forrest For the Trees »

Ouch. That is steep. :o
ltfoley
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ltfoley »

Sakis wrote:
Thanks Brexit.
I was afraid of this. Were you informed by DHL?
Yeah after the dispatch by wested when the package was with the customs.
xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

It's about the same customs cost I had to pay when importing a jacket from the USA to be fair.
Sakis
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Sakis »

From January the Great Britain is considered a third country and not a member state of the E.U. I get it and I won't elaborate on this because it will lead us in a political talk. What is funny is that back in August I purchased a set of Ark cherubs from the US. On arrival I was informed from the local post office to give them the invoice and I paid a customs fee and taxes of 32€ for a total of 100€ of purchase. One month later in September I order 2 books from Amazon US worth of 30€ and on arrival DHL asked me 40€ for import fees which I found absurd. The Brexit agreement talks about zero tarrifs but a Customs Declaration and so a Commercial or Pro-forma Invoice is required so I personally think that DHL is overcharging. Can't Wested work with another company?

Especially for Amazon I've been buying stuff for years as everyone and I never paid customs. I know that before the pandemic Amazon was sending their items in a hub center in Germany (I think) and from there they were sent to each country of the E.U. Upon entry to the next E.U. country the customs office was registering a transfer from one E.U. member to another and didn't apply any fee or tax. After the pandemic burst out and air travels declined the hub route was dropped in favor of the direct line which lead to an increase in shipping costs and therefor customs.
ltfoley
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ltfoley »

Pretty sure that i'm one of the first to be killed by such a high fee.
I've emailed wested about that, free to them to change or not their habits. I probably won't order anything from the UK so soon.

Sorry to bother you all with my misfortune. Now back to the jackets, i'll give you all a review when i have the jacket in hand. ;)
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

ltfoley wrote:Pretty sure that i'm one of the first to be killed by such a high fee.
I've emailed wested about that, free to them to change or not their habits. I probably won't order anything from the UK so soon.

Sorry to bother you all with my misfortune. Now back to the jackets, i'll give you all a review when i have the jacket in hand. ;)
Yeah, this customs thing is a direct result of Brexit.

It may be that using other shipping may help, but it may not. The whole thing has kicked the hornets nest. Countries, I guess, have been quietly seething that internet sales have kinda swerved them. Brexit has given them an excuse to lock down hard. The British Govt has been distinctly childish over this whole affair and it's done nothing but hurt the British consumer and producers. They imagine adding duty will fill the Govt coffers with free money, it won't, it's just going to stop trade dead in its tracks.

The UK is now a third country to the EU, it's just like buying from the USA or anywhere else outside the EU, duty may be levied, and many carriers will just add a brokerage fee for doing it.

The glimmer of hope is that carriers have discovered, unsurprisingly, that consumers won't tolerate unexpected fees, so orders are massively down for UK to/from the EU trade. Consumers are also refusing deliveries on this basis, so some retailers have temporarily stopped shipping to the EU and vice versa. There are warehouses of undelivered stock that will propbably be destroyed as retailers don't want it back, the cost of restocking and the duty payable the other way makes it worthless. It's a big mess that really needs sorting very quickly.

I suspect there is a lot of pressure happening behind the scenes to try and smooth things over.
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

This a mess, and I’m just curious of anyone whose purchased a jacket from Wested and shipped to the states. Does this duty fee get levied against us as well.

Been thinking about a ToD Leagcy from Wested, but not if DHL is going to hit me with a fee.

Croft :mrgreen:
xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

Indiana Croft wrote:This a mess, and I’m just curious of anyone whose purchased a jacket from Wested and shipped to the states. Does this duty fee get levied against us as well.

Been thinking about a ToD Leagcy from Wested, but not if DHL is going to hit me with a fee.

Croft :mrgreen:

A customs fee? Hasn't that always been the case for USA buyers of Wested.

The issue here is customs duty to france because the UK is no longer part of the EU.
havershaw
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by havershaw »

This Legacy was my second jacket this year that I’ve bought direct from Wested and I’ve never paid a customs fee (I’m in the US).
xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

A quick google says your import threshhold is $800. So if you go above that you have to pay import tax, so a jacket is below that.
havershaw
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by havershaw »

ahhhh, that makes sense.
Sakis
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Sakis »

In most European countries, the majority of goods coming from third countries are not subject to taxes or customs duties if the value of the goods (including shipping costs) is less than €22. In such cases, shipments are delivered at no additional cost. Different regulations apply, however, in France and Sweden, for example. EU-wide changes in tax law are expected to enter into force on July 1, 2021, and this change in legislation is likely to bring about the elimination of this €22 tax-free limit.
ltfoley
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ltfoley »

The jacket is here.

I have to say i'm impressed by the jacket. I've owned several wested, and other maker's, including a Kelso, and this is THE one. My quest for the Indy Jacket is finished. I really wanted to pay tribute to the original maker and this is it.
I can't talk about screen accuracy because this is not what i'm after + my size and measurements will make it look different than the one we see in the movies. But i have the look i want, the Raiders look, and that's enough for me.

The leather is heavier than Wested's standard lamb i think, and THAT SMELL!
It fits like a glove, but i ordered the sleeves a little too long, which i not really a problem because they are not TOO long. I think they'll shrink a little with some wear.

I almost forgot that it has cost me way more than it should have haha.

I'll post some pics soon :-)
havershaw
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by havershaw »

@itfoley YES! the smell, right?

I’ve had a few Wested also and somehow this one is the most magical to me.
I feel bad because I’m rarely wearing the shrunken lamb one now.

My only gripe is that I wish I had ordered longer sleeves - they’re fine when my arms are at rest but they really ride up *a lot* when my arms are raised (plus I can’t use the water treatment on them or they’ll be too short) so I think as you wear it, you’ll be glad the sleeves are a little long.
havershaw
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by havershaw »

hey! I can add photos again!

These are from about 4-5 days after I got it.
The arms have a lot more wrinkles now, as I’ve been wearing it every day.
Attachments
8C9C614C-469B-4991-8A57-9C8E88F45BC7.jpeg
8C9C614C-469B-4991-8A57-9C8E88F45BC7.jpeg (32.31 KiB) Viewed 10020 times
4B436E55-D9C8-42F7-8CB0-934C1E3C0969.jpeg
4B436E55-D9C8-42F7-8CB0-934C1E3C0969.jpeg (21.21 KiB) Viewed 10020 times
0B9C820A-0418-4C01-AD2A-EEAE9DD20EAB.jpeg
0B9C820A-0418-4C01-AD2A-EEAE9DD20EAB.jpeg (30.1 KiB) Viewed 10020 times
1E4B109C-115E-4540-8DD1-A6BB3650CD4E.jpeg
1E4B109C-115E-4540-8DD1-A6BB3650CD4E.jpeg (23.47 KiB) Viewed 10020 times
havershaw
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by havershaw »

And from today.
Attachments
AF860689-959A-4BB5-B0E4-26CADF56890A.jpeg
AF860689-959A-4BB5-B0E4-26CADF56890A.jpeg (22.12 KiB) Viewed 10016 times
havershaw
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by havershaw »

ugh, seems like I can’t upload these in a very high resolution. Sorry.

Well if anyone’s really desperate to see this (or anything else about the jacket they want to see), DM me and I can send them to you in a normal resolution.
Indiana_Nate
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana_Nate »

She's a beauty! I'm ordering mine today as soon as I decide on measurements.
ltfoley
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ltfoley »

And here is the jacket :
https://zupimages.net/up/21/07/3uww.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://zupimages.net/up/21/07/2z1b.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://zupimages.net/up/21/07/kc2m.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm used to heavier jackets, but the look of this one is perfect.

Better fit pics when i have the chance :TOH:
Indiana_Nate
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana_Nate »

ltfoley wrote:And here is the jacket :
https://zupimages.net/up/21/07/3uww.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://zupimages.net/up/21/07/2z1b.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://zupimages.net/up/21/07/kc2m.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm used to heavier jackets, but the look of this one is perfect.

Better fit pics when i have the chance :TOH:
ltfoley, if mine fits half as good as yours I’ll be one happy camper. The jacket looks absolutely fantastic. It’s going to be a long couple of weeks waiting for mine!
jacksparrow900
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by jacksparrow900 »

I've had mine for a week. I ran it through a hot shower, bunched up the sleeves and used scotch brite non scratch pads. This jacket distresses easily without using any chemicals. I wore it out and the family didn't even notice it was a new jacket I bought it was that easy to look worn. This one is my go to jacket for raiders out of the three wested's I have.
Sakis
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Sakis »

Thanks for the pics guys. I'm waiting to see the Last Crusade version too.
ltfoley
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ltfoley »

jacksparrow900 wrote:I've had mine for a week. I ran it through a hot shower, bunched up the sleeves and used scotch brite non scratch pads. This jacket distresses easily without using any chemicals. I wore it out and the family didn't even notice it was a new jacket I bought it was that easy to look worn. This one is my go to jacket for raiders out of the three wested's I have.
Mine went through a hot shower too today. I'm hesitating to distress it like you did. Can i see some pics of your results?
xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

Wore mine for a bit yesterday. First chance I've had. I do like the new leather. It feels top level premium compared to the authentic lamb.
Indiana_Nate
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana_Nate »

Mine arrived yesterday 2 days ahead of schedule and I couldn’t be more pleased. The fit, the feel, the color, the smell, everything is outstanding. They did a superb job on this jacket. Truly honors Peter’s legacy.
xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

Mine's breaking in nicely. I haven't distressed it, but I will do. Glad I ordered the extra 1/2 inch on the back length as I now take the view that anything under 24" is too short.
Chose Poorly
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Chose Poorly »

It's such a fantastic jacket. I've been having trouble not sleeping in mine tbh.

If ordering, measure your body and trust your measurements. They hit the numbers I provided from my tailor's tape spot on, regardless of any oddities contributed by the unusual cut of the hero jacket.

I'm 6'1", 185lbs, and went with a 42 chest (I'm typically a 41 in a well-tailored suit and had a Wested LC Standard in a 40 once upon a time that I was in denial about but was def too small), 25.5" sleeves, 25.5" back.

The sleeves are perfect, falling just shy of my knuckles before they've crinkled from wear, and starting to rise to the sweet spot now that I won't take the #### jacket off.

The back length is where I wanted it, and more importantly, exactly where I measured from the nape of my neck. Some might say it's a little long to be screen accurate, but based on my body proportions it lands exactly where I hoped it would, about 1-1.5" below my belt and above my back pockets on a good-fitting pair of jeans.
ltfoley
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ltfoley »

Mine is breaking in nicely too. I tried to do some abrasive work on it but the leather is quite tought, or maybe i was too hesistant while doing it. I'm hesitating to use chemicals to distress it and reveal the brown undertones. Will try again later.
Hedji
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Hedji »

Chose Poorly wrote:It's such a fantastic jacket. I've been having trouble not sleeping in mine tbh.

If ordering, measure your body and trust your measurements. They hit the numbers I provided from my tailor's tape spot on, regardless of any oddities contributed by the unusual cut of the hero jacket.

I'm 6'1", 185lbs, and went with a 42 chest (I'm typically a 41 in a well-tailored suit and had a Wested LC Standard in a 40 once upon a time that I was in denial about but was def too small), 25.5" sleeves, 25.5" back.

The sleeves are perfect, falling just shy of my knuckles before they've crinkled from wear, and starting to rise to the sweet spot now that I won't take the #### jacket off.

The back length is where I wanted it, and more importantly, exactly where I measured from the nape of my neck. Some might say it's a little long to be screen accurate, but based on my body proportions it lands exactly where I hoped it would, about 1-1.5" below my belt and above my back pockets on a good-fitting pair of jeans.

WOW You sound exactly the same measurements as me. I'm about to finalize my measurements. Do you have any photos you could share, or any other advice you could give?
Chose Poorly
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Chose Poorly »

Hedji wrote:
Chose Poorly wrote:It's such a fantastic jacket. I've been having trouble not sleeping in mine tbh.

WOW You sound exactly the same measurements as me. I'm about to finalize my measurements. Do you have any photos you could share, or any other advice you could give?
I will try to take some photos later today. The biggest thing for me was measuring my body, not another jacket or garment. As I mentioned, I had a LC Standard Sz40 in Goatskin and it fit ok, but was a bit snug armpit to armpit, and I always found myself wishing for another inch or so in the sleeves and body length. The 42 chest solved a lot of fit issues for me.

When you measure your body, measure where you want the sleeves and back to land on your body, and that’s where they should land. Wested will target the measurements you provide with the fit of the jacket you’re ordering in mind.

Are you going for 2-pronged buckles? All cotton liner? X-box stitching? Happy to answer any questions on those too.
Indiana_Nate
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana_Nate »

Glad I'm not the only one!!! I also went for the all-cotton lining with the x-box stitch and the 2 prong buckles. Definitely the way to go. Wested gets top marks for their efforts with this jacket.
Hedji
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Hedji »

Chose Poorly wrote: Are you going for 2-pronged buckles? All cotton liner? X-box stitching? Happy to answer any questions on those too.
Oh wow. I am very new at this.

Yes, please... can you explain these options and what you recommend? I like screen accuracy for sure, but I do plan to wear it frequently.

This is my first jacket purchase since ‘89 when I bought my licensed jacket, so I truly appreciate the help and suggestions.

After all, I do not wish to “choose poorly”. ;)
Chose Poorly
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Chose Poorly »

Hedji wrote:
Chose Poorly wrote: Are you going for 2-pronged buckles? All cotton liner? X-box stitching? Happy to answer any questions on those too.
Oh wow. I am very new at this.

Yes, please... can you explain these options and what you recommend? I like screen accuracy for sure, but I do plan to wear it frequently.

This is my first jacket purchase since ‘89 when I bought my licensed jacket, so I truly appreciate the help and suggestions.

After all, I do not wish to “choose poorly”. ;)
Not claiming to be an expert by any means, but those are the screen accurate options according to research done by a number of Indy gear fans. Wested is supposed to be using the Fiocchi branded hardware they used on the original jackets (while supplies last). That’s what I have on the jacket I received.

The 2-pronged buckles are sturdy and hold well. The prongs are very sharp and basically stick into the leather strap. They can be a little tricky to tighten without loosening first, but not in a way that is problematic. You’ll find the right waist tightness for you and leave them alone after that, so better that they stay put.

The x-box stitching is screen accurate for the most part, though the stitching in a lot of images from the films looks like a v-shaped stitch inside the box more than an x. Either way, it gives you additional reinforcement where your straps are attached to the jacket and your body movement regularly puts stress on the stitching. I’m surprised they don’t include it as standard and stop offering it as an add on. But if we’ll pay extra for it I guess...

Finally, regarding the liner, all cotton is technically screen accurate, so if you’re dead set on screen accuracy then go for all cotton. But it really comes down to personal preference on this one since nobody is looking in your sleeves. Satin sleeves exist to make it easier to slip your arms in the jacket, and that’s why Wested uses it as standard in most of their jackets. Cotton is more fibrous and can stick to shirts or skin when putting the jacket on. Personally, I went with all cotton because cotton is more breathable and I prefer the way it feels against my skin if I’m just wearing a t-shirt underneath the jacket. Satin can get a little warm if you find yourself wearing your jacket in warmer weather. So far, I haven’t had much of an issue with the liner sticking to my sleeves. It did the first few times I put the jacket on, but I’ve noticed it happening less and less over time from the leather crinkling conforming to my arms, and from just being conscious of it when I put the jacket on. It’s easy to prevent.

While I appreciate screen accuracy (or what we all think is accurate from a compilation of research), I can also say that I feel good about the choices I made with my order. The buckles hold well, the straps feel securely attached, and the liner is comfortable. I have been wearing the jacket almost every day, including indoors at times if the AC is cranked. I find myself throwing it on instead of a sweatshirt. So I don’t think you’ll regret your choices.

Cheers!