9 ft Del Carpio Raiders

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

WeeMadHamish
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

9 ft Del Carpio Raiders

Post by WeeMadHamish »

Since everyone likes to share, I thought I'd share a pic of my recent acquisition: a 9 foot Bernardo Del Carpio 'roo in his standard Raiders style. It's three weeks old now, and already broken in nicely (I crack it every evening after work)... but it cracked like a gunshot right out of the box. It's a great whip, and I highly recommend Bernardo for anyone looking for a Raiders whip. :)

Now, the picture:

I need to pick up some saddle soap. The fall used to be white, but unfortunately the grass in my backyard hasn't grown in quite lushly yet and it's a bit dirty. ;) The tail of the thong has gotten a bit grimy and could probably use a cleaning. I also unfortunately lost the nylon cracker on the first evening, so that's blue polypro twine on there. It's a lot easier to find in the yard when it flies off! ;)

Thanks for looking!
rjallen70
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by rjallen70 »

Very nice...
Bernardo Del Carpio make one of the best "Morgans" I have ever seen.
Enjoy!
R
Cracker
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cracker »

Great looking whip ! Thanks for sharing.
IndyFrench
Writer of Things

Post by IndyFrench »

I have a 9-foot del Carpio in the Borton Raiders style that he is working on for me right now, I believe...Can't wait to get it
Sergei
Admin Emeritus
Location: Off the grid, in from the cold - Jack's Canyon ~1119

Post by Sergei »

Bernardo great job. No wonder Morgan likes you. :wink:
BullWhipBorton

Post by BullWhipBorton »

Very nice looking bullwhip. Bernardo does very good work. Make sure you get some good leather dressing like pecards if you don’t already have it.

I expect to be hearing from Bernardo soon, I have a Raiders bullwhip with some custom specs on order from him that should be shipping any day now.

Dan
IndyFrench
Writer of Things

Post by IndyFrench »

Uh oh... Borton, did you change your specs again... :wink:
WhipDude
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by WhipDude »

That looks fantastic! One of the best Bernardo whips I've seen as well. Will be nice to see it when it darkens up.
Bernardodc
Vendor

Post by Bernardodc »

Thank you Kirk for posting that pic and for the kind comments of course to all of you. I love to see pics of my whips after they were used by their new owners. It sort of adds to them more character and imprints their user's personality. It's hard to explain, but I'm sure most of you know what I mean.

Here are a few more pics of WeeMadHamish's whip before I sent it.

IndyFrench wrote:I have a 9-foot del Carpio in the Borton Raiders style that he is working on for me right now, I believe...Can't wait to get it
Yes Mike, I am indeed working right now on your whip and Texas Raider's whip as well. They will both be ready to ship soon.
BullWhipBorton wrote:I expect to be hearing from Bernardo soon, I have a Raiders bullwhip with some custom specs on order from him that should be shipping any day now.
Your whip is almost finished Dan. I will be shipping it on Monday by Express mail, so you'll have it by Tuesday! :-)

I'll post some pics of the "Borton Special MKII" soon, along with an old Morgan whip that looks so much like the ones used in Raiders.

Regards,

Bernardo

www.delcarpiowhips.com
Last edited by Bernardodc on Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
BullWhipBorton

Post by BullWhipBorton »

IndyFrench wrote:Uh oh... Borton, did you change your specs again... :wink:
No, not really changed them, just tweaked them a bit on the MkII :lol:
Bernardodc wrote:Your whip is almost finished Dan. I will be shipping it on Monday by Express mail, so you'll have it by Tuesday! :-)
I'll post some pics of the "Borton Special MKII" soon, along with an old Morgan whip that looks so much like the ones used in Raiders.
Excellent! Thank you for the update Bernardo. I am really looking forward to getting my new bullwhip, especially after seeing the fine job you did with WeeMadHamish's. I'll be Looking forward to seeing those pictures too!

Dan
Canuck Digger
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Canuck Digger »

Good grief can he make a whip!