Post your Adventurebilts here!

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Post your Adventurebilts here!

Post by Indiana Jeff »

kwad wrote:Stones,

I checked the sweatband and it reads "Resized 4/30/10".
Unfortunately, there is no birthday written inside.

The hat was made in February 2010. I made a mistake in my measurement and had Steve make a 23 1/4". As soon as I got the hat I sent it back to have it resized to 23" so for all intents and purposes the April date is it's birthday.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

This thread is for the use of folks posting photos and reports of their AB's when they get them. This is not a thread to be used for complaints. You take that up with the vendor.

Folks, let's keep it on the rails, or this one will get shut down too. One shot, and one shot only.

Regards! Michaelson
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

I agree, and with all of the old pics that have since been removed, and more talk and less pic-posting, this thread has become pretty sparse. I want to see some good AB pics, especially now that I've send my payment in for an AB Henry (I know, not the same, but still....)
Here're couple I took yesterday when I got back from a meeeting of sorts, I liked the look so I figured what the hay, i haven't posted any of my ol lid for a while.

And another.

:TOH:
Croft :mrgreen:
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

Indiana Croft...sweet lid..nice suit too..
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

NICE, Croft!

:) :tup:
APL
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by APL »

That's a great looking hat, and it goes well with the suit! :tup:
Strider
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Strider »

Lookin' classy, Croft. As always! :clap:
Sammy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Sammy »

Very classy!! :tup:
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana Croft »

Thanks guys, this is my orriginal AB, bought so long ago, w/re-block thrown in.
It's one of my go to hats, so come on, let's see some more go to hats. :TOH:

Sammy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Sammy »

Indiana Croft wrote:Thanks guys, this is my orriginal AB, bought so long ago, w/re-block thrown in.
It's one of my go to hats, so come on, let's see some more go to hats. :TOH:

Soon I hope!! Soon!! [-o<
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

kwad wrote:Thanks Jeff, I'll treasure this hat forever!

Thanks Mitch. I think you are right, everything just clicked. It was meant to be.
(What does Hollowpond call it? Ick free? :lol: )
Can't believe I missed this nod...Thanks kwad! :TOH: And you are right, that certainly gets my Ick Free seal of approval!
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

Travis,

I now understand and respect your quest to rid this hobby of the dreaded "Ick".
God speed my friend!

;)
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

:TOH:
Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Gorak »

Just playing around with photos so I thought I`d throw this in here...very recent pics of my many years old beaver AB that has taken a licking but just keeps on ticking. I so want it to morph into a Streets of Cairo look but this darn beaver fur won`t budge!.....
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h304/ ... 5023-1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nicetrylaoche
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by nicetrylaoche »

How 'bout those pics... :whip:
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

yea people PICS please!!!
nicetrylaoche
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by nicetrylaoche »

I'm gonna try an awaken this thread every week or so until I can extract some Adventurebilt pics from you folks... ;)
Also, just out of curiosity, has anyone recently received an update from Steve that your hat is soon to be on the block?
-Z
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

nicetrylaoche wrote:I'm gonna try an awaken this thread every week or so until I can extract some Adventurebilt pics from you folks... ;)
Also, just out of curiosity, has anyone recently received an update from Steve that your hat is soon to be on the block?
-Z
he told me yesterday that mind would be sent off today in mail...so...we'll see
Sammy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Sammy »

I JUST GOT MY AB FROM STEVE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!! I actually own an AB!!!!!!!!!!!! I am beyond ecstatic!!!!!! Unfortunately I'm away from my desk (I'm typing this on my phone in my truck at the post office) so pics will have to wait to this evening!!! But WOW!!!!!! What a great looking hat!!!!! Thanks Steve!!!!!
nicetrylaoche
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by nicetrylaoche »

Sammy wrote:I JUST GOT MY AB FROM STEVE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!! I actually own an AB!!!!!!!!!!!! I am beyond ecstatic!!!!!! Unfortunately I'm away from my desk (I'm typing this on my phone in my truck at the post office) so pics will have to wait to this evening!!! But WOW!!!!!! What a great looking hat!!!!! Thanks Steve!!!!!

Can't wait to see those pics!!!!! Congrats Sammy!!!!!
Sammy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Sammy »

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Here it is!! Perfect right out of the box! Thought I'd post it upon my Fender gear since this is DEFINITELY going to be my blues hat! And know what else....it SMELLS great too!!! Funny thing to say about a hat but yeah it smells great!!!! Since I know many of you are anxious to know about timelines, I'm not exactly sure when I ordered but it's been a while now. But the wait is worth it!!! Rest assured, I'm sure Steve is working as hard as he can to complete his orders. Now, this isn't a beaver hat, it's rabbit. Bashed in CS style. And it feels amazing!!

So to sum up.....feels great, smells great, looks great, delivered great, fits great, and all is right with the world today! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Again, thank you Steve!!! :D

youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

so...thats exactly what mine will look like..I wanted my crown a littler taller,not sure if he did as we got kind of screwy on some of my "wishes" but all in all, its what im waiting on.He was supposed to mail mine off today. Said he would send me a tracking #..Never got that so not sure if its in the mail OR not?? guess I'll see soon enough..

Nice hat man..and mine in rabbit as well..
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

forgot to ask..what kind of box did it come in? have any pics of it??
Sammy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Sammy »

youngjedi71 wrote:forgot to ask..what kind of box did it come in? have any pics of it??
came in a regular brown packaging box. Nothing fancy at all. I kinda like that. :H:
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Absolute perfection. You can see how well the sweatband if sunk into the hat like it should be. How perfect the ribbon is put on that hat. His skill is still simple tops.
jnicktem
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by jnicktem »

Just awesome. I am glad a member here got one of Steve's hats.... hopefully this will be a reminder that Steve is in fact still cranking out the hats.
fifthchamber
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fifthchamber »

Looks great Sammy....

Steve's work is stunning..And it's only because I've not yet owned an AB from Marc that I rate it as Steve and John and then a real big fall off....Marc would be there too, but I've not owned one of his hats, so can't speak from experience except about what they look like (and they do look stunning..)..

My hat from Steve is over a year in now, and I still love her... She's a beaut...

Lantzn, I think Sammy ordered with the new costs, so he probably waited the time Steve currently has listed on the site...If he was in the original order list I'm sure he'd have stated so when he posted the collection...

Sammy, great hat mate....May it get many years more too!

Classy.. :TOH:
Sammy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Sammy »

BendingOak wrote:Absolute perfection. You can see how well the sweatband if sunk into the hat like it should be. How perfect the ribbon is put on that hat. His skill is still simple tops.
You're right BendingOak, all those little nuances I never would have seen or noticed had I not begun to purchase yours and Steve's hats and stuck with my Akubras. I love my Akubras. They are a very good, strong hat and I will continue to wear them as often as I can.
jnicktem wrote:Just awesome. I am glad a member here got one of Steve's hats.... hopefully this will be a reminder that Steve is in fact still cranking out the hats.
Yup....Steve is still out there making hats folks! I have proof! :lol: If you've emailed him and he hasn't responded, maybe it's because he's busy hard at work making YOUR hat. :H:
fifthchamber wrote:Looks great Sammy....
great hat mate....May it get many years more too!
Classy.. :TOH:
Thank you Fifth!!!! It truly IS a classy hat! I think I'd better get some better looking duds to complement it, huh? :oops:
fifthchamber
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fifthchamber »

Thank you Fifth!!!! It truly IS a classy hat! I think I'd better get some better looking duds to complement it, huh?
Hehehe...I feel that...Yeah...The only bad thing (It's a good thing too) about buying great looking hats handmade by men who love what they do, is that you do start to see what "good" really is.... And that usually means needing to update the rest of your wardrobe to match it.... LOL..

It's not a bad thing, since we could all use a few better dressed choices in our lives I expect... But it can damage the wallet something tragic.... :P

Still... I'm glad with that for myself... Since it means I can mostly keep up with the more fashionable Tokyoites here...LOL

An AB (or a Penman actually) is a great step towards "class" I feel...And it really does raise your game! Especially when it suits as well as yours does!! :TOH:

Regards!
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Sammy wrote: Yup....Steve is still out there making hats folks! I have proof! :lol: If you've emailed him and he hasn't responded, maybe it's because he's busy hard at work making YOUR hat. :H:

Thank you for posting this. Just because you don't see a hat posted here every day doesn't mean he isn't sending hats out every day.
nicetrylaoche
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by nicetrylaoche »

Sammy,
Wow. Beautiful hat. It fits you well, my friend! One day soon, I'll be joining you in your joy!

If you get a chance, you should take a picture of that beauty in some natural sunlight...I'm just a sucker for an AB in the wild ;)
-Z
Aragorn658
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Aragorn658 »

I wonder how many hats have been made over all this time haha. It has to be a crazy number
stones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by stones »

Hey Sammy,

Perfect fit! Great looking hat and good to see Steve is sending hats out.

cheers Stones :clap:
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

If you only knew how many this man made the first couple of years after indy4 you would be amazed. Especially that he does everything himself and by hand.
Aragorn658
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Aragorn658 »

Dont worry penman i'm picking up extra shifts to get your skull!
Sammy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Sammy »

nicetrylaoche wrote:Sammy,
Wow. Beautiful hat. It fits you well, my friend! One day soon, I'll be joining you in your joy!

If you get a chance, you should take a picture of that beauty in some natural sunlight...I'm just a sucker for an AB in the wild ;)
-Z
:tup: Certainly! As soon as this rainstorm passes in these next few days.
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

anyone know the shipping times from Steve? Like 3-5 days or 5-7? Cant find on the site. He said mine would be shipped off Tuesday so trying to figure out when I need to be home..I only work a couple days a week "Fri-Sat"..so figures it might come in that time..LOL
Sammy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Sammy »

Well he emailed me on a weekend and said he would probably send it on a Tuesday. Don't know if he did or not but if he did, then it took about a week.
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

Sammy wrote:Well he emailed me on a weekend and said he would probably send it on a Tuesday. Don't know if he did or not but if he did, then it took about a week.
ok..well even though its longer to wait, I would rather it come on Tue when im off as Fri or Sat when I might not be here in the morning time..So, we'll see.Thanks.
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana Croft »

Well Sammy, thats one nice lookin rabbit/CS/fedora, looks awsome. Also glad to hear it fit so well.
Now go play some blueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees. \:D/
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

Got mine today..will post pics in a few minutes..
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

The fit is spot on. It needs a brushing. Guess I have to buy a brush now.Its way more "INDY BROWN" then my FedIV which is the main reason I bought it. Fits like a glove..

Now..do I feel its MILES better looking then the FedIV?...umm....not MILES better..BUT I didnt order it for as much quality as I did to have a hat from THE MAN himself and to get the color closer to what I wanted..SO in that aspect, I got 100% of what I wanted. Im not a hat expert so the differences to some might be day and night,where to me its more morning and noon..BUT over all..great lid and I thanks Mr Steve Delk for his fine work!!!! BRAVO!!!

OH and in the last pic thats my wifes nasty ashtray..LOL...dang it, tried not to get it in pic..LOL
riothamus
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by riothamus »

Just out of curiousity, Sammy and YoungJedi71, were these "new" hat orders or previous hat orders prior to the current pricing?

Both hats look great! I remember getting my brown and gray CS AB's! It was a great day. Now my brown has been worn alot and is probably due for a reblock/cleaning. I'm still hoping to get back in touch with Steve regarding my lost hat order. I haven't heard from him since February when he hoped to get it done that month. It's great to know he's still in good enough health to be working, though I hope he's not overdoing it.

Excelsior!

Riothamus
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

riothamus wrote:Just out of curiousity, Sammy and YoungJedi71, were these "new" hat orders or previous hat orders prior to the current pricing?

Both hats look great! I remember getting my brown and gray CS AB's! It was a great day. Now my brown has been worn alot and is probably due for a reblock/cleaning. I'm still hoping to get back in touch with Steve regarding my lost hat order. I haven't heard from him since February when he hoped to get it done that month. It's great to know he's still in good enough health to be working, though I hope he's not overdoing it.

Excelsior!

Riothamus
Mine was a new order..I ordered it like Feb12 2012..Its the higher priced offerings now not the lower priced ones he was selling some time back. AND good luck getting in touch with him..He is busy and looks to be pushing some out the door. I hope you get yours soon.
Sammy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Sammy »

:clap: :clap:
YAY!!!! Congrats on your hat!! See.....and you were worried it was going to be a long time before you received it. :P That's two AB's in one week!!!! At least for members on COW. I'm sure not everyone who orders from Steve is a COW member or posts their purchases. But 2 in one week is great, don't ya think?
youngjedi71 wrote: .....BUT I didnt order it for as much quality as I did to have a hat from THE MAN himself and to get the color closer to what I wanted..
But that's good because you DO have a hat of quality. Bonus points!!
youngjedi71 wrote:Im not a hat expert so the differences to some might be day and night,where to me its more morning and noon.
There are some areas you can look at to see BIG differences in you Fed and AB....look at the stitching on the sweatband for instance. Then lift up the sweatband and look at how the liner is sewn in as opposed to glued in. Notice the fit and finish of the ribbon and bow. And most importantly, YOUR name inside the sweat band....that hat was made by one man for YOU and YOU only! That is amazing in itself!!

So glad you got your hat!!!!! Enjoy it on all your adventures!!!! \:D/
Sammy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Sammy »

riothamus wrote:Just out of curiousity, Sammy and YoungJedi71, were these "new" hat orders or previous hat orders prior to the current pricing?
I think mine was February '12 as well. Wasn't really aware that there was a price change. But I know I had inquired about an AB and an AB deluxe in an email to Marc back in November. So I'm not sure if I had contacted Steve back then too.
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

Sammy wrote: And most importantly, YOUR name inside the sweat band....that hat was made by one man for YOU and YOU only! That is amazing in itself!!

So glad you got your hat!!!!! Enjoy it on all your adventures!!!! \:D/
Nope..no name or autograph..I actually asked him to but didnt get it..:( oh well..maybe its punishment for so many emails..

ALSO I did ask for one change on the hat..I asked for a 5 1/2" finished "bashed,pinched" crown but it looks to be the normal 5"..That is one reason why I was so upset about him not answering my emails..BUT..im ok..no big deal I guess..Just wanted something a tad taller especially for my height and size..

anything to be upset about or send back to anyone else?? I dont really think so,just wondering others opinions??
riothamus
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by riothamus »

Let's see it on your head! Then we can all chime in with an opinion. I'm surprised he didn't put your name inside. I thought he did that normally. I know I never asked for mine but they came with my name and size inside.

So lets see those pics!

Riothamus
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

riothamus
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by riothamus »

From that angle it's hard to tell. I think we need a more straight-on shot of the lid on your head to make a good review. From the angle, I could possibly see that it might look too short, but again, from that angle it's a tough call.

Riothamus