A long time ago, In a Galaxy far far away....

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Shalimar
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Shalimar »

I researched, debated, cursed and smiled as I decided to order my 1st Wested's... :-k

After a "year" I finally have my new Jacket! \:D/

(Well sorta.. it was ordered at the enc of Nov/03 :twisted: )

It finally arrived yesterday much to my delight.. I ripped open the package much as a kid @ xmas time would :whip: and to my dismay I only had enough time to try it on due to a busy busy day!.. The evil universe was trying to keep me from my Wested! :evil:

After a loooooooooooooooooooong day and into today I now finally have time to bask in the glow of a brand new authentic goatskin :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

My fiancee took one look at it on me and said "####... excellent fitting! You can tell it's tailored for your size.. amazing since the taylor is on the other side of the planet!" :D (That's very high praise btw Peter.. especially from the Cynical one herself!)

Now I look over it and there is no doubt it was $ well spent to replace my "Dead Cow". :ducttape:

Perfect fit .. only things missing were snaps on the storm flap and a name tag. The name tag machine I've heard is dead.. and that can be lived without. The snaps though I wonter how hard it would be to add in w/o having to ship it back?

Regardless it's an amazing product at less than half the cost of many others.. and NOTHING local would even come close to it imho. A happy coincidence as well.. new leather gloves I recieved as an xmas gift are an almost perfect color match to it once I treated them w/Picards :twisted:

Anyhow to anyone debating about getting a Wested I say this.... GET IT! Don't debate.. only decide on leather type/style/options and order it.. :D

\:D/

I'll snap some pics very soon to post if anyone would like em.. and perhaps some pix of my "Dead Cow" for the curious.

#### I'm even wearing the new goat while typing this indoors :shock:
TreasureHunter
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by TreasureHunter »

Congrats on your new jacket! I am anxiously awaiting mine. Though it's not a Wested I'm very excited none-the-less.

Can't wait to see your pics. :wink:
skywlkr
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by skywlkr »

Congrats on the new jacket. Putting the snaps on yourself would not be difficult at all. Just go to a fabric store and have them show you where the snaps are located. The snaps will usually come with a die that will allow you to connect both sides of the snap with the use of a hammer. Also, you would have to punch a hole in the jacket in the locations you will be attaching the snaps.

Luke
Rixter
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Rixter »

...or thirdly, any good cobbler can add the snaps to your jacket for minimal cost and without the anxiety of doing it yourself, and do it maybe even while you wait. 8)
auntsugar
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Back at the workbench....tinkering--always tinkering.

Post by auntsugar »

I'll never forget the way my Wested smelled when I pulled it out of the packaging that first time.
Shalimar
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Shalimar »

Still basking in the new leather smell.... it almost looks too good to even wear ! But I will of course.. no doubts there.. It'll be subjected to the same abuse as was the cause of death for my "Dead Cow". Though it's already recieved a healthy protecting of Pecards :)

Besides if it wasn't this good my fiancee would have killed me for sure :lol:
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Renderking Fisk »

Wear in good health, but remember... this can get addicting.

Also... don't be suprised if your lady wears it around the house when you're gone! [It's happened!]
Shalimar
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Shalimar »

Addicting? Hmm nah that couldn't happen to me... errr why do I have the shakes as soon as I'm more than 10' away or out of direct line of sight to my jacket? :shock:

As for the Lady.. she tried it on shortly after I got it #-o

Seriously though she;s not a fan of leather like I am :lol:
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Shalimar wrote:Addicting? Hmm nah that couldn't happen to me... errr why do I have the shakes as soon as I'm more than 10' away or out of direct line of sight to my jacket? :shock:
The first step to curing an addiction is to admit you have a problem. Go look in the mirror and say: "Hello, my name is Shalimar, and I'm a gearaholic."
As for the Lady.. she tried it on shortly after I got it #-o
That's when I knew I had a problem... I used to hide it from others! A fedora behind a book case, a jacket hidden in the closet, books hidden in the inslation in the basement (that part's true... long story). If you know you have a problem and you have to hide it, you're in more serious need of help!
Seriously though she;s not a fan of leather like I am :lol:
Denial isn't the answer, she's running away from the problem! You have to head it off as soon as you can! You need to confront her, get your friends together and do an intervention!

Awe... forget it. Gearaholism is a desease nobody's in a hurry to get cured from.
Shalimar
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Shalimar »

RAOTFLMAO!!!!!! That's classic.. :wink:

I'll have to actually show her this post now :lol:
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Shalimar wrote:RAOTFLMAO!!!!!! That's classic.. :wink:

I'll have to actually show her this post now :lol:
Just so she doens't go through withdrawls... order her an Akubra right away. (If she's a blond, may I recomend the Tawny Fawn?)

Thanks...
The United Gearhead Fund... A head with out a proper fedora is a terrible thing to waste.
Shalimar
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Shalimar »

Renderking Fisk> Well ordering her one before I have one would be silly :wink:

Besides I don't think she'd wear one even if I had one to swipe. However I'm seriously considering getting one.. maybe through one of my friends in Oz (used would be cheaper afterall)

As for Blonde.. she's almost completely black hair actually though she has blonde streaks currently :wink: