Mark Allen on Pawn Stars

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

Soup
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Mark Allen on Pawn Stars

Post by Soup »

Was watching Pawn Stars last night, and a man walked in with a bullwhip claiming it to be an authentic Indiana Jones bullwhip. He said he purchased it from one of the stunt men (no name was given) and that it was used during filming. He believed it was used by Harrison Ford and thought he could get alot for it. :roll: They had Mark Allen come by to authenticate before they consider purchasing, but even though it was a nice looking whip, it wasn't actually used during filming. To me it looked to be too new of a whip and the turks head was too big, didn't look anything like a David Morgan. They estimated if it was a whip used by Harrison it would be worth upwards of $40,000. As it was it was just another whip.

Did anyone happen to see this episode?

Regards,

Soup
Wolfie
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Re: Mark Allen on Pawn Stars

Post by Wolfie »

Yeah, I saw it a couple months ago lol laughed so hard... then when they brought in Mark I was like, HEY! I know who that is!

Seen a similar instance with a saddle a guy claimed was sat on by Kevin Costner in Dances with Wolves.

I gotta feel a little bad for these people who get duped into thinking they have something though, then go in to a pawn shop and get owned :(
WhipDude
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Mark Allen on Pawn Stars

Post by WhipDude »