Wings Temple of Doom jacket--now in production

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

ortiz344
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Wings Temple of Doom jacket--now in production

Post by ortiz344 »

Michaelson wrote: Folks DO get a simple confirmation on first contact. The '3 weeks to email' was attached to the shipment confirmation post above. It had nothing to do with initial contact.

If you haven't received an intitial confirmation, you best suspect they didn't get your original email in the first place. They pride themselves on immediate response.
Im talking initial contact, and ive not had any reply whatsoever...
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Then you need to try again, would be my suggestion.

Regards! Michaelson
ortiz344
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by ortiz344 »

Michaelson wrote:Then you need to try again, would be my suggestion.

Regards! Michaelson
Thanks for offering your suggestion but I know my email works, them not getting my email excuse doesnt fly, sorry...
Raider S
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Raider S »

Michaelson wrote: Raider, if an email got bounced into a spam folder and they didn't receive it, how can they let YOU know if THEY don't know? :-k
What?

I said it would be nice to get a confirmation so I know my email got to them in the first place. Since I didn't hear back, I have no idea of knowing if it got to them or not and now wonder about the status of the email. Why would I expect a response to an email someone didn't get?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Raider S wrote:
Michaelson wrote: Raider, if an email got bounced into a spam folder and they didn't receive it, how can they let YOU know if THEY don't know? :-k
What?

I said it would be nice to get a confirmation so I know my email got to them in the first place. Since I didn't hear back, I have no idea of knowing if it got to them or not and now wonder about the status of the email. Why would I expect a response to an email someone didn't get?
:lol: Man, old friend, we're sure having problems communicating this week! My apologizes. It has to be from my side.... #-o

I'm agreeing with you. I'm trying to say, if THEY didn't get your first email in the first place, how in the world CAN they send you a confirmation of anything?

Did that come out clearer?

Regards! Michaelson
Raider S
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Raider S »

Communicating online was created by the devil, Satan, or any other miserable creature you prefer!

Ok, I just got off the line with USW and they took my order and payment info.

I was told the jackets run up to a size 3XL (that's for a big boy!) and will be a slightly tighter fit than the standard jackets. It will be $300 and add on the $19 shipping. Even though they have my CC info I won't be billed till it ships. When asked how long before it was ready I was put on hold and the answer that came back was 30 to 60 days.

So even if none of that is new info, that is what I was told moments ago. My advice is to go ahead and call and place an order if you do in fact want one. At least that way you'll have piece of mind they know who you are and that you are "in line". I suppose if you change your mind in the coming days you could always cancel before you are billed.

If you call you probably need to mention COW - they asked where I was calling from or where I knew of this from - and say Temple of Doom.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Communicating online was created by the devil, Satan, or any other miserable creature you prefer!
AMEN BROTHER, and AMEN!!! :lol: :M: :tup:

HIGH regards! Michaelson
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

I did get a confirmation that they received my email, so I would follow up with another email (or better yet, place a call like RaiderS) to make sure they've got your order in the queue.
ReturningSon
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by ReturningSon »

I wanna order one but I wanna see some final pics of the jacket before making any decisions. Does anyone know when these will be up for order on the site with some pics of the final product? :D
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

I'm going to call first thing in the morning and order the jacket, given that the payment is indeed due at the time of shipment. I don't care if I have to sell my US Wings Blue Label Raiders jacket, I want this jacket!

Dave
dirtyepic129
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by dirtyepic129 »

I've emailed 3 times now with no response ... hrm. I've emailed them before without problem (calling is expensive from the UK).

Not to beat the sizing issue into the ground, but .....

My USW CE in XL is a bit roomy. I would assume, based on measurements, that an XL in this jacket would be more proper since it's a slimmer fit?
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

It will be more tapered than their standard offering.

If calling isn't an option maybe you could request a reply to your email as you want to confirm that your order was received? I can understand wanting to know for sure that they've got the order on file.
dirtyepic129
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by dirtyepic129 »

I did get an email response, btw. Basically says it will be a smaller fit and I can send credit card info over email (not doing this ...). Looks like I'm making a long distance call. Hrm, gotta decide between Large and XL. Hrm.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

I have emailed them twice and still not even an email just saying, "yes we got your email."

Kyle
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

dirtyepic129 wrote:I did get an email response, btw. Basically says it will be a smaller fit and I can send credit card info over email (not doing this ...). Looks like I'm making a long distance call. Hrm, gotta decide between Large and XL. Hrm.
Watch out for their International postage fees. I once bought a jacket from them, posted it to someone in the US and then had them kindly post to me in the UK... still saved money and avoided customs fees.
dirtyepic129
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by dirtyepic129 »

Luckily I'm with the U.S. military, so I get Sarge's free APO shipping with no need to pay customs :)
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

So you can be our, 'gateway' to Wings jackets?....
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

At this rate, even though I want a US Wings Temple Jacket, I doubt I'll even get one, seeing how they don't respond to CUSTOMER emails. I tried calling, but the girl I talked to sounded like she had half a brain and didn't know anything about the Temple jacket, so that was no help.

Kyle
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

Thats odd. I spoke to a young lady and simply asked about their Temple of Doom jacket and she knew right away what I was talking about, how much it would be, and roughly how long it wuold take to ship. :-k

Dave
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

I called just for the heck of it even though I know I can't afford one now and the woman I spoke with had no clue on price (I wanted to see if she knew). And when I gave her my measurements, she said the size jacket would be a 2X-LONG. I then replied it doesn't come in a long, so then she said maybe 3X but that would be way too big for my size 40-41 chest.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Folks, keep in mind that the jackets aren't even out of the factory yet, and therefore the information probably hasn't been passed along to all the sales people. If in doubt, ask for either David Hack, Myke, or the sales manager, Laurie.

I have heard that Myke,the general manager, is currently on vacation, and that's the main reason response has been slow, as most of the incoming emails go to his email account. The only other person who sees those emails are David Hack himself.

Regards! Michaelson
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

Michaelson beat me to it (he's always two steps ahead of me ;) ) as I had heard the same thing. If the salesperson you are talking to doesn't have all of the info you need, I've spoken with Laurie, Myke, and Sgt. Hack during this process and all of them are as friendly as can be and can help you with whatever questions you have.
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

JC1972 wrote:I called just for the heck of it even though I know I can't afford one now and the woman I spoke with had no clue on price (I wanted to see if she knew). And when I gave her my measurements, she said the size jacket would be a 2X-LONG. I then replied it doesn't come in a long, so then she said maybe 3X but that would be way too big for my size 40-41 chest.
I was told that the sizing was going to be similar to the Blue Label sizing. I asked what size would fit me best and also related that I own a Blue Label jacket in small and it fits comfortably. She said that I would probably not be able to tell a difference in size between the Blue Label and the Temple jacket. I don't know If I'll be able to afford this one either, but I wanted ot get all the info now just in case.

Dave
ortiz344
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by ortiz344 »

knibs7 wrote:I have emailed them twice and still not even an email just saying, "yes we got your email."

Kyle
Shoddy customer service, they dont appear to care. As a business, they should be happy to get unsolicited product inquiries from people dying to hand them money. Attempting to buy a product should be as easy as possible.

Someones on vacation?...not my problem.

Sounds like half the people there arent even aware of the product...not my problem.

They wont reply to my email...They dont want my business, thats their problem.

Westeds are pretty cheap now...
Kevin Anderson
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kevin Anderson »

Exactly. Get a Wested jacket, and the fine customer service that goes along with it.
Hard to say that with a straight face...
Raider S
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Raider S »

ortiz, you've done nothing but bash USW in this thread. I don't think you've made any posts other than telling people how lousy they are and what they should be doing. If you were really interested in a jacket you'd give them a quick call. Talk to the owner of the business himself and tell him your feelings about customer service while you have him on the line.

And I'm sure not everyone there knows about the jacket because its not a major product line - it's a limited run of 100 that isn't even made yet!
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Have you heard back from Wings yet, Kyle?

Regards! Michaelson
ortiz344
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by ortiz344 »

I do think its HILARIOUS that here , the VENDOR is always right. When I mentioned I never got a reply I was told "I must have done something wrong", "I need to try to contact them again" as if its MY fault they dont know what they are doing or how to reply to an email.
ortiz344
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by ortiz344 »

[quote="Raider S"] If you were really interested in a jacket you'd give them a quick call. Talk to the owner of the business himself and tell him your feelings about customer service while you have him on the line.
quote]
If they were interested in getting/keeping customers, I wouldnt have to.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

...once again assuming they got your emails in the first place.
:-k

Seems the exact same thing happens when we hear this going on with Wested. I have YET to get a reply from them after mulitple attempts regarding jackets, and all I'm told is 'call them' too, or 'the mail server has gone on the fritz' yet again, even though others are getting immediate responses. So, you're not the Lone Ranger in vendor dealings, and they all seem to have their hickups in customer service.

Regards! Michaelson
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

Kevin Anderson wrote:Exactly. Get a Wested jacket, and the fine customer service that goes along with it.
Hard to say that with a straight face...
Wested does have very good customer service. Look at this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26713

But besides this is a US Wings thread.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Thanks, jc, you just proved my point. :lol: ;)

Regards! Michaelson
Kevin Anderson
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kevin Anderson »

No JC, Wested do not have good customer service.
They have reasonable customer service sometimes.
They have awful, infuriating cusomer service other times.
Therefore, it is my opinion that their customer service is average. Barely.
In the interest of keeping things on topic, I'd recommend a phone call whenever possible, when dealing
with any vendor, and simply stay on the line until you get the answers you're after.
Either that, or shop elsewhere. Emails just don't seem to get the job done, unless it's a simple order for something
'off-the-the-rack' maybe.
It was my understanding that Americans didn't put up with poor customer service, moreso than any other
consumers in the world, and I've always admired that. Vote (or shop) with your wallet.
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

Wested has had examples of excellent customer service (including my own). They also have examples of people who have been less than thrilled with their service. I've also received excellent customer service from US Wings while some have been less than thrilled.

One example does not make everything true.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

I've had spotty customers service from Wings. The ladies I talked to were all lovely and tried to help, at times I think they didn't understand my accent. (gor, blimy guv'nor... not). They did also try and bill me international shipping for a order to be sent to the US... :).

Then they lost and relost my order over about a month. I ended up missing out on one of their sale Indy's and had to go for a couple of A2's.

At that time they wouldn't take credit cards from overseas, AMERICAN EXPRESS no less. Had to use Western Union, slightly expensive and slow. Took them about 2 weeks to pick up the payment.

And don't get me started on their sizing.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

That has ALWAYS been an issue. Once you have a size dialed in, they're great....but finding that 'sweet spot' is sometimes difficult to do, that's for sure.

Regards! Michaelson
FLATHEAD
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by FLATHEAD »

Michaelson wrote:

That has ALWAYS been an issue. Once you have a size dialed in, they're great....but finding that 'sweet spot' is sometimes difficult to do, that's for sure.

Regards! Michaelson
This is so true its not funny. You guys who are an off the rack S, M, L, XL are lucky.

If you are inbetween their sizes, say you normally take a size 44, then their medium is
too snug, and their large is baggy. And don't even think about getting an XL!! You can
fit yourself and your neighbor inside that one.

Its always better to error on the side of being too big, but for people who are inbetween
like me, its hard to pin it down sometimes.

Flathead
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Michaelson wrote:Have you heard back from Wings yet, Kyle?

Regards! Michaelson
Yes, FINALLY! After I sent them a THIRD email (that wasn't the most friendly, letting them know of their LACK if customer service) I was emailed back within 3 minutes of sending it.

Kyle
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Did you learn anything new about the jacket Knibs?

Has it been announced anywhere but here so far?
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

This is what the email said:

Hello Kyle,
Myke our GM is on Vacation But I will have Him answer your e-mail just as soon as he walks in the Door!
We are putting all names on a list and will contact them as soon as the Jackets are made! I was not aware that You have sent three e-mails before with out a answer from My GM.
Regards,
Sgt. Hack

Kyle
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

There was nothing unfriendly about that. :-k

Dave
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

I bet you got that answer in the evening. Sgt. Hack only works at night at the store now.

Regards! Michaelson
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

DR Ulloa wrote:There was nothing unfriendly about that. :-k

Dave
I think knibs meant from him, dunno.

That email from Sgt Hack sounds about as I thought. We haven't had replies for a couple of reasons. The GM is on vacation, and also, even though there was announcement made here about being able to make orders, things are still premature for the jacket.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Dave
I didn't say that THEY were unfriendly.

Kyle
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

No bashing here....just curious, but can someone tell me why one would prefer a USW ToD over a Wested ToD? We all know Wested's is more SA, can be custom-made to fit all body types, and comes in Authentic Lamb, Dark brown Lamb, and Goat....whereas, the USW version only comes in S/M/L/XL (so getting that perfect fit is like a crapshoot), is not very SA, and comes in only one hide. Prices are also similar. (BTW, is anyone here who already owns a Wested ToD also getting a USW version? ....why?)
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

knibs7 wrote:

Dave
I didn't say that THEY were unfriendly.

Kyle
Got ya. ;)
PSBIndy wrote:No bashing here....just curious, but can someone tell me why one would prefer a USW ToD over a Wested ToD? We all know Wested's is more SA, can be custom-made to fit all body types, and comes in Authentic Lamb, Dark brown Lamb, and Goat....whereas, the USW version only comes in S/M/L/XL (so getting that perfect fit is like a crapshoot), is not very SA, and comes in only one hide. Prices are also similar. (BTW, is anyone here who already owns a Wested ToD also getting a USW version? ....why?)
Personally, I think the US Wings Temple jacket looks more SA than the Wested Temple jacket. It all boils down to personal taste, though. In my opinion, US Wings simply makes a better jacket that will last you much longer than anything Wested offers. Lets not forget that US Wings made the Temple of Doom jackets. Why get a Raiders jacket from Wested? Becuase they made the Raiders jacket. Why get a Temple jacket from USW? Becuase they made the Temple jacket. Thats not my point, though. I think the Wings jacket looks better and I know that it will last a lot longer than the Wested.

Dave
Raider S
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Raider S »

USW = Quality.

USW makes beautiful jackets. If they get one that's pretty SA it will be the best-made Indy jacket for the price by a wide margin.
Heyjude7
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Heyjude7 »

not all body types! if you look back a few threads at a recent thread and someone recieved a Wested ToD, it was not for the big boned no offense to anyone.. ToD is more for the thinner folk 8)
dirtyepic129
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by dirtyepic129 »

Heyjude7 wrote:not all body types! if you look back a few threads at a recent thread and someone recieved a Wested ToD, it was not for the big boned no offense to anyone.. ToD is more for the thinner folk 8)

I saw that thread too. Actually, I was curious to see if anyone that is on the 'meatier' side of life has successfully acquired a ToD that looks good? I'm on the meatier side, and was thinking of getting this Wings ToD, but now I'm not so sure.
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

I honestly wonder if the Wested ToD works for the "big-boned" as we say. I'm a size 50 and, while I don't know about the looks as I didn't keep it that long and didn't ask anyone, it didn't feel comfortable for me. This isn't a slam at Wested as they made it by the Temple cut. I just don't think the Temple cut works well for the bigger gentleman.

That said, Wings are generally cut more roomy than most jackets. This jacket is more tapered than the normal Wings but you should still have some room to play with. Admittedly, I'm lucky in that a XXL Wings fits me perfectly but hopefully this jacket is a way that even the big-boned crowd can get in on the ToD love. And while not perfectly SA, it does carry the Temple vibe.