MidWestWhips.com Version 2.0 now live!!!

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

midwestwhips
Vendor

MidWestWhips.com Version 2.0 now live!!!

Post by midwestwhips »

Well... After over 6 months of being in the works, we finally have a new version of http://www.MidWestWhips.com up and running! It is new... and improved. ;-) There are new products, the site is much easier to navigate, and is much more organized so it is easier to find things, and there is room to add new products we are working on for this year. There is also a new ORGANIZED photo gallery, http://www.MidWestWhips.com/whip%20gallery, with over 1,200 photos of standard and custom whips, as well as photos from previous conventions and events. There will be a lot more photos to come on the next update. I went through over 5,000 photos to pick out these 1,278, and I probably have another 10,000-25,000 that I wasn't able to go through yet.

I made the last website, so Lauren figured it was her turn this time. She really put her heart and soul into this project, and I think that it blatantly shows. She spent an amazing amount of time being stressed putting this site together, and you can tell there was a lot of forethought in the design. I am constantly surprised by her talents and her abilities, first I was astounded by how fast she progressed with whipmaking, and now her skills at graphic design...!!! :notworthy: I think I made a wise investment ;-).

I hope you all enjoy the new site, and let us know what you think. I know Lauren would really appreciate any compliments, comments, and/or critiques.

I am incredibly ecstatic about the new site, :clap: for Lauren!

Regards,

Paul Nolan
www.midwestwhips.com
Kiscien
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Kiscien »

Hi Paul,

This is what shows to me at that addres: Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)

Only I have that problem?

Regards,
Karol Bilecki
IndyWhips
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndyWhips »

Kiscien wrote:Hi Paul,

This is what shows to me at that addres: Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)

Only I have that problem?

Regards,
Karol Bilecki
Click F5 Karol....

Wicked site a huge improvement on the old one...
:)
Tony
midwestwhips
Vendor

Post by midwestwhips »

Hi Karol,

Wouldn't it figure. In the 2 years we've been with this hosting company we haven't had a problem, lol. Earlier today when we were in the process of switching over the site this happened and I called customer service and they fixed it within about 20 mintues.

The last thing I was going to do before bed was post on here, and then right after I sent the post it went down again, lol. I'm on the phone with the customer service department now, hopefully it will be a quick fix again.

Regards,

Paul Nolan
www.midwestwhips.com
midwestwhips
Vendor

Post by midwestwhips »

I just got off the phone with the customer service department, and they said they are working on the fix right now, and it should be back up in about 30 mintues. So, I'm going to get a bite to eat, play with the puppy a little bit and then check if it is back up, and hopefully I can go to bed soon. :-

Regards,

Paul Nolan
www.midwestwhips.com
IndyWhips
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndyWhips »

Works fine for me......

Tony :whip:
midwestwhips
Vendor

Post by midwestwhips »

It's back up! Wow, that was fast!!!

Despite the 2 problems today, the customer service has been great. I have to say that 1&1 webhosting's service has been excellent. 24/7 customer service, and only $5 per month. Plus when you sign up for service you get 2 domain names, and vouchers ranging from $25-$100 towards advertising on google, yahoo, etc...

I figure they deserve a little plug for how quickly they fixed the issues. www.1and1.com

Ok, so back on topic...

And I apologize for the delay :oops:

Regards,

Paul Nolan
www.midwestwhips.com
Whip Basics
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Whip Basics »

Congratulations on your new website again! It's a great site, and very easy to navigate.
And sooo much pictures smile It'll take a while to see them all. Now we know that Lauren
isn't just a wonderful whipmaker, no Sir - she also is a great homepage creator! :notworthy:
I'm sure there are a lot of hidden treausures in there, waiting to be found.

All my best for your new web apperance.

Robby Amper

www.Whip-Basics.de
Cracker
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cracker »

Excellent job - it looks great !

Jim
Kiscien
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Kiscien »

Hi,

site is very nice :). As Robert sad, it's easy to navigate and has lot of informations there.

Regards,
Karol
BullWhipBorton

Post by BullWhipBorton »

Paul, Lauren, I was just looking over your page and reading though some of the information there, The revamp looks great. Excellent work, you should both be very pleased. Thanks also for the nice words about Indy gear/COW forum in your link section. :)

Dan
bobm2004
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by bobm2004 »

Very nice new web site. Wll organized, easy to navigate and full of info. Well done!
Shagbd
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Shagbd »

freakin love it!!!!

Hands down THE BEST whip site I have seen!

SUPER layout and literally HOURS of information and pictures to look over!

I havent even started yet......... whew!

Oh yeh........ love the "signature" page too :-)
Lion Tamer
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Lion Tamer »

Excellent site and awesome pics!
SHoWhips
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by SHoWhips »

Hi Paul and Lauren,

Congrats on the new website! I know you've been working quite a while on it Lauren but every hour you've put into it shows. Well done!!

All the best,
Scott
racerx
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by racerx »

The website looks fa nominal , well done Paul and Lauren , tons of imformation and a feast for the eyes, a truly enjoyable experience.

In short, not bad :lol:

All the best.

Jim J.
thefish
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by thefish »

99.9% of what makes a good website is organization.

I liked the look of the old website, but you were starting to suffer from "Winchester Mansion" syndrome, (i.e, when you start to add bits to it, you don't have anywhere to put them, so you just tack them on, which means for someone to FIND it, they have to go 5 or 6 links deep. That's not good.)

The preview I got of the new site was good. You were on the right track...

But THIS..This is great! VERY well organized, easy to find whatever it is you're looking for, and as always your passions for the history, dynamics, and the general "Culture" of whip makers and whip crackers/performers comes through in spades! I know of no other whip maker or retailer's site that comes close to the information that you guys feature!

To some up in a word...Fantastic!

My hat's off to Lauren!

-Dan
Herr Jones
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Herr Jones »

Nice site! I like your concept of trading in whips. Can you trade in multiple whips and accumulate credit or is it a one for one type of thing?
LemonLauren
Vendor

Post by LemonLauren »

Thanks for all the responses, everybody. I'm not super proficient with HTML, so this site really took me a long time and a lot of hours to make... it's really nice to know it's appreciated. We hope to add even more information, including some how-to and maintenance videos at some point, but that's still a little ways into the future.

Herr Jones, the details aren't really set in stone about the trading whips in deal, and probably the details for each person's trade-in will be unique enough that it's pointless to try to figure out and list all the "rules." But to try and answer your question, multiple whip trade-ins are possible, and accumulating credit is possible - "credits" will hold for any order placed within 6 months of the original trade-in.

Also, if any of you all have had a little more time to browse the pages by now, I would particularly appreciate it if you'd like to post a link to or name one page or section you found particularly informative, or a page that stood out to you for any other reason - and the reasons why you liked that page. In the future, when I have the time to add more pages and info to the site, it would be great to know the types of information or pictures you all like seeing the most. I'm also open to any suggestions for improvement (so long as it doesn't require changing the entire site - in that case I might just jump out of your computer screen and strangle you, lol!)

Anyways, thanks again for all the positive feedback, and I'm so glad you all are enjoying the new site!

Lauren Wickline
www.midwestwhips.com
Don't Call Me Junior!
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Don't Call Me Junior! »

Wow! What a great job! The site is fantastic now! I love how organized everything is! A wealth of information about everything Midwest and all things whips is intuitively available at the fingertips of all who visit there! Really! Very nice!
myrddin
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by myrddin »

Nice design. Very clean and easy to navigate.

And I noticed the familiar katana whip in the signature series... Very cool.

And I like the trade in idea. No, I'm not ready to trade in my Strain, :whip: but it's a great idea. (bookmarks the specials page...)

Once I move back to the States, I'll be ordering a stockwhip from you guys (and gal).
Baldwyn
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Baldwyn »

Congratulations! The site looks great, and it's fun exploring!

How do you like Pahrump? Must be a beautiful location.
nammann
Vendor

Post by nammann »

Hey Paul/Lauren,

Website looks great!

Nick,

www.nickammann.com