Presenting Tony Nowak - Indy 1 jacket #27

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

I would like to mention that the pants on the mannequin are about a size too small to be SA, also the shoes are definitely too small and the laces are perhaps slighty too short! Maybe that's what's confusing people...
Wha? You can tell this how? Have you been to Chris' place and measured Ford at some point to come up with this conclusion?
moses
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by moses »

Um, I think he was kidding. ;-)
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Maybe I didn't get it because I just woke up minutes before posting, but usually there's a smiley after a sentence when you're kidding. Anyways, Happy Thanksgiving! :)
Baldwyn
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Baldwyn »

agent5 wrote:Maybe I didn't get it because I just woke up minutes before posting, but usually there's a smiley after a sentence when you're kidding. Anyways, Happy Thanksgiving! :)
I have to admit, I stopped listening when he said something about one Indy jacket being "more than enough." I didn't come here to read what I can just have my wife tell me. :)
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

Baldwyn wrote:
agent5 wrote:Maybe I didn't get it because I just woke up minutes before posting, but usually there's a smiley after a sentence when you're kidding. Anyways, Happy Thanksgiving! :)
I have to admit, I stopped listening when he said something about one Indy jacket being "more than enough." I didn't come here to read what I can just have my wife tell me. :)
:lol: guess you can tell her that 1 pair of black and 1 pair of brown shoes is more than enough as well........then command her to get in the kitchen and make you a nice meal :lol:

(baldwyn.......you can come over and sleep on my couch after.......oh wait, i'm using it......... :cry: :lol: )
chagwa
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by chagwa »

Baldwyn wrote:
I was just speaking for myself of course... ;-)

It would honestly drive me insane to have multiple Indy jackets to choose from before stepping out of the house. That and the fact that my tender half probably thinks I'm already spending too much time with that jacket on my shoulders. Having said that, I really enjoy looking at the pics from Tony's latest offerings.
Even if you're on a diet, there's nothing wrong taking a peek at the menu =P~

P.S. I apologize if some people didn't get the pants joke.
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

chagwa wrote:....
P.S. I apologize if some people didn't get the pants joke.
:lol: I got it. Thought it was funny considering all the 'fine detail' discussions that occur. A break from total seriousness is very good.
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

I got it too and thought it was funny. It's good to step back and poke a little fun at ourselves every now and then.

But it's the problem of the written word (smilies help some). I've said some stuff totally tongue in cheek, submit the post, and think "My, you're a clever, wicked little fellow." Only to check back later and have someone completely misread my meaning and think I'm a pompous jerk (which I am but I try to hide that fact on message boards).

When this occurs, only one smilie will do... :oops:
Chris_King
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Chris_King »

Hi everyone,

This jacket is now for sale in the Cairo Bazaar.
$800 plus shipping.

viewtopic.php?t=36488

Thanks.

Chris
Last edited by Chris_King on Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jakob Emiliussen
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Jakob Emiliussen »

Chris_King wrote:Hi everyone,

This jacket is now for sale in the Cairo Bazarr.
$800 plus shipping.

viewtopic.php?t=36488

Thanks.

Chris
One question: WHYYY??? Why oh why? I think we've all agreed that it's almost (if not fully) perfect, and that it looks sooo good! Why then this "I'm selling it"?? :-k :shock:
Chris_King
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Chris_King »

Quite simply, I can't get used to the shrunken lamb that Tony has selected. Sure, it may be 100% accurate but in this case, I have to admit that I think I prefer my jacket to look "in person" the way it looks on screen.

Everything else on the jacket is superb - I just can't get used to the leather and I don't believe it will "grow on me" so it makes no sense to keep it when someone else out there may appreciate it more than me.

Believe me, in these difficult times I could do without losing $175 on something that is less than a month old. However, I don't know if anyone would be interested in paying the full price for it since it's been displayed on the mannequin so that's why I decided to put the price at $800. Hopefully someone will jump on it.

Chris
Jakob Emiliussen wrote: One question: WHYYY??? Why oh why? I think we've all agreed that it's almost (if not fully) perfect, and that it looks sooo good! Why then this "I'm selling it"?? :-k :shock:
Last edited by Chris_King on Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Indiana Williams
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Williams »

For that kind of money if your not happy with it then it doesnt make sense to keep it. Sorry to hear your selling it though, Chris. It really is a beautiful jacket.
Best Regards,
Joe
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

Ditto to what Indiana Williams said. I'm sorry that you didn't grow to like it and I hope you have no problems in selling it.
Tyderium
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Tyderium »

Good luck with the sale Chris, sorry it was not what you had hoped. It did look superb on your mannequin.

So where to now - will you stick to your Todd's or perhaps source another TN in a different hide?
Mike
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

I've gotta say, I am really digging that bag strap and buckle, very SA!

Nibs
Jakob Emiliussen
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Jakob Emiliussen »

Chris_King wrote:Quite simply, I can't get used to the shrunken lamb that Tony has selected. Sure, it may be 100% accurate but in this case, I have to admit that I think I prefer my jacket to look "in person" the way it looks on screen.

Everything else on the jacket is superb - I just can't get used to the leather and I don't believe it will "grow on me" so it makes no sense to keep it when someone else out there may appreciate it more than me.

Believe me, in these difficult times I could do without losing $175 on something that is less than a month old. However, I don't know if anyone would be interested in paying the full price for it since it's been displayed on the mannequin so that's why I decided to put the price at $800. Hopefully someone will jump on it.

Chris
I see. Well, I can only agree that at that price, you should not have to "grow into" something... I'm sorry that you didn't like it thought, really am. I hope that you can get it sold for a fair price...
Baldwyn
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Baldwyn »

Chris_King wrote:Quite simply, I can't get used to the shrunken lamb that Tony has selected. Sure, it may be 100% accurate but in this case, I have to admit that I think I prefer my jacket to look "in person" the way it looks on screen.

Chris
Jakob Emiliussen wrote: One question: WHYYY??? Why oh why? I think we've all agreed that it's almost (if not fully) perfect, and that it looks sooo good! Why then this "I'm selling it"?? :-k :shock:
I understand you. I threw on Raiders the other day, and saw the dino-hide ...in about 1/3 of the movie. It takes some looking though. Something in between your Todd's and Nowak would be perfect. That is one sweet jacket, nevertheless Chris.
Satipo
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Satipo »

Chris, what does the lining look like? Do you have any numbers, greetings from Tony, etc?
Chris_King
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Chris_King »

Hi Satipo,

I intentionally didn't have my name included in the inscription because I knew that if I decided to sell the jacket, it would be much harder if my name was in it. My jacket inscription reads as follows:

INDY'S
First Jacket
Limited Edition
L.E. #27 / 888
California, USA
By Tony Nowak

Chris
Satipo wrote:Chris, what does the lining look like? Do you have any numbers, greetings from Tony, etc?
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

It is a lot of $ to spend to just dress a mannequin.

That said it's the best looking jacket on your mannequin, puts the others to shame.

Good luck with the sale, I don't think you'll have a problem
Chris_King
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Chris_King »

Well, looks like this will be going to ebay. Even at $800, nobody wants it.
I guess there's only a small number of us "mad" enough to pay this sort of price for a leather Indy jacket!

Chris
Castor Dioscuri
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Castor Dioscuri »

Chris_King wrote:Well, looks like this will be going to ebay. Even at $800, nobody wants it.
I guess there's only a small number of us "mad" enough to pay this sort of price for a leather Indy jacket!

Chris
Or maybe an even smaller number of us able to fit into that size jacket! :lol:

:Plymouth:
Chris_King
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Chris_King »

Good point! :lol:
Castor Dioscuri wrote: Or maybe an even smaller number of us able to fit into that size jacket! :lol:

:Plymouth:
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

_ wrote:Just catching up on this thread... Well, I have to respect your reasons.

I had to make a quick trip out to Thousand Oaks this weekend for a wedding. We went to this little Brazilian place for dinner the night we arrived. Chels and I were "debating" the identity of a woman sitting at another table. Chels was right - it was Dana Delany. On TV she still looks hot. In person - even with the lights low? Yeah - not so much...
Comparing Dana to Shrunken Lamb? :-k :|
Tyrloch
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tyrloch »

As far as I'm concerned, she was looking pretty haggard on Desperate Housewives -- if she looks even worse in person? The term hag comes to mind...now her sister Kim, she probably still looks fairly hot.

~Jace
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

I don't think they are related. not that it matters
Tollan
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Tollan »

If actors in real life aren't SA how could a jacket!! :)
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

Too bad I have already gone from a 46 to a 42 in the past 16 months and would look like a toastrack on a stick if if I got any thinner, otherwise I would trim myself down 2 more inches and buy Cris' jacket.

Ah well, Let's just wait a little and buy one when I actualy could afford it :roll: :[

Regards, Geert