Got IT!

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

So you're having a casting made of this gun, meaning you're having a non-working repro made taken straight from this gun, correct?

bink
ob1al
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by ob1al »

The original looks great - will the replicas be made in (painted) resin?
Peacock's Eye
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Peacock's Eye »

That's a swell looking revolver, even with the longer barrel.
Indy_Fil
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Indy_Fil »

Bink,
correct :)

It will be painted resin. Short or long barrel.

The "maker" can be seen on the thread on the RPF I posted above.

Really a talented guy.
Scandinavia Jones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Scandinavia Jones »

Well, Indy_Fil, when you start taking orders, you know who'll be first in line... :wink:

I checked out both RPF threads regarding the gun and IIRC the gun will be offered in two versions - full barrel and Raiders Bapty-version. That's way cool - Keppler offering the Stembridge, and Fil/Bowjunkie the Bapty... the quest is complete! /at least for us non-US gunslingers who have to settle with replicas...

Keep us posted, Fil!
Last edited by Scandinavia Jones on Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Cool!!!! How much will they be offered for, or is it too early to know? Frankly, I'm keeping my eyes open for a REAL S&W 1917, but that's a nice gun you've got there!

bink
Indy_Fil
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Indy_Fil »

Thank you for your support guys.

As of now, I don't have any price (nor price range) yet.

I am waiting on bowjunkie35 to calculate that :)

What I know for sure - well, almost - is that the outcome should be astonishing. I've seen bowjunkie's work on other replicas (stormtrooper blasters from SW) where both his casting skills, assembling and painting are really outstanding.

I'm talking about being unable to tell the difference from the real thing (well, almost).

In this case, the revlver still has a nice shiny blueing to it, and I'm curious to see what can be done to replicate that.

Not much I suppose. So that will be one minus for sure.
But the details should really be very good on it.

Including a super neat cast of the gold medallion grips (his words).

He told me in fact he'd cast the grips separately, just to let you understand what kind of work he intends to be up to.

I WILL post info here asap, but please also feel free to get in touch with the guy if you want, directly.

I want to be this thing totally "transparent".

It's gotta to be for the fans, and it's gotta be good.

I will also tell bowjunkie to come over here and join this thread (or a new one).

Thanks again for the kind words.

Fil :)
ob1al
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by ob1al »

Keep me in mind too Fil - I might be interested at the right price. :wink:
bowjunkie35
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

S & W HE #2 CAstings

Post by bowjunkie35 »

Hi Guys,
Just a quick intro before I go on about Fils awesome gun. I have been building props and models since I was a kid and turned it into a freelance profession a few years back. I am a HUGE Indy fan and have been lurking for awhile. This place seems great with a bunch of friendly people who enjoy Indy as much as I do!! Can't go wrong there.

Now, the gun. When I begin making molds for this, (hopefully this week) I will turn out the first casting and get it painted up. As far as the bluing goes, I have many tricks up my painting hand sleeve!! :wink:

I have experimented with a gel stain for the grips rather than just painting them brown. This will produce far superior results and I think you will like it!

Once I get the first one painted up and assembled, I will use it for the model and post info on how you can aquire one. Due to the fact that we want to put out a high quality, very accurate looking replica, I doubt that this will be offered in kit form at this time although we will be offering the stained grips as replacements or upgrades.

Really great to be here and I look forward to getting to know all of you (the ones I don't) better.
Indy_Fil
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Indy_Fil »

Hey Steve ;)

Glad you came.

Let me be the one to welcome you onboard, as it's been warmly done to me just recently.

:)

Fil
Scandinavia Jones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Steve - Image

welcome aboard! :D Great to have another prop wizard among us...

I've been very interested in the gun ever since Fil brought it up, and I also snuck a peek on the corresponding threads on RPF. Excellent stuff!
Just curious about the 4" barrel version... are you planning to offer the Bapty gun with black grips as well as the gold-medallion gripped Stembridge version?

If so, I might have to get them... both... :shock: :wink:

Again, welcome! Keep us posted!
bowjunkie35
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by bowjunkie35 »

Thanks guys. I appreciate the welcome and wish I would have joined here sooner. It's just that dang RPF!! Addicting place and hard to break free from!

Anyway, right now, the plan is to offer the wood gripped version with a 4" barell, or we can keep the length on the bareel if you would like. As far as the rubber gripped gun, I haven't researched that one enough to make a decision there, i.e. how easy it will be to make that version from the one HE that I have access to at this time. I know I am at the right place to do the research and I will keep everyone posted.

I plan on starting to make a few things for myself. The bad thing about this line of work is, all of the nice stuff that I make ends up out the door!! If it was just a job to me, it wouldn't bother me as much but I am a collector also, so it pains me to let some of the REALLY nice pieces go!!. So in other words, one of these bad boys will eventually be on my mantleplace also!!! :lol:
bowjunkie35
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by bowjunkie35 »

Just a small update: I have begun the molding process. Actually, I have begun prepping the gun, that is, dis-assembly and planning how this will be tackled. I plan on producing both the Bapty gun and the Stembridge version. I have another S & W with the ramped sight so I will be able to put the proper sight on each version. Also, working on a plan to cast the Bapty grips in hard black rubber to be as authentic as possible. More to come.
Scandinavia Jones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

bowjunkie35 wrote:More to come.
Can't wait! :D
Indy_Fil
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Indy_Fil »

bowjunkie35 wrote:Just a small update: I have begun the molding process. Actually, I have begun prepping the gun, that is, dis-assembly and planning how this will be tackled. I plan on producing both the Bapty gun and the Stembridge version. I have another S & W with the ramped sight so I will be able to put the proper sight on each version. Also, working on a plan to cast the Bapty grips in hard black rubber to be as authentic as possible. More to come.
Hey YOU treat my baby right please LOL

Ciao

Fil :)
IndianaGuybrush
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaGuybrush »

I have a feeling this is goign to be THE definitive replica for those people who can't or don't want to own a real firearm. I can't wait to see how it turns out.
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

IndianaGuybrush wrote:I have a feeling this is goign to be THE definitive replica for those people who can't or don't want to own a real firearm. I can't wait to see how it turns out.
This will just be good to have to take to shows or events where you really don't want to carry a real gun.

Pyroxene