Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

parfaitelumiere
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Genuine antique Indy jacket

Post by parfaitelumiere »

Hello,

After some searches to build my Indy gear, I was happy to discover most of the parts were in fact real outfit, some military pants, and various items, which can date back to the actual time the story is supposed to happen.
I made searches about A1 and A2 jackets, to learn about brands from the 30's and try to find original period parts to get historical jacket, as the indy jacket is obviously inspired by the A2 bomber.
the idea is following:
-genuine accurate 30's Talon Zipper
-Genuine accurate 30's carr snap fasteners
-thin horsehide leather
-cotton lining
-brand label replica, civilian type, but a brand who has commissioned for the US Army, and been able to grab hand on the required stuff, also, preferably located in East Coast area.
I came in touch with Bill Kelso, who seem to be a great jacket enthusiast, as he seems to enjoy the project and idea.
As my initial costume project is the Crusade gear, we will base the design from the Chicago LC jacket, especially because indy size is same as mine, funny, it's also same hat size!
I will share some of my searches here, I hope you will enjoy it!
parfaitelumiere
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Re: Genuine antique Indy jacket

Post by parfaitelumiere »

Here is the zipper design, after some searches found one correctly aged talon zipper
s-l1600-2.jpg
and here is comparative sheet for that brand, which is the easiest to find, courtesy from author:
talons.jpg