What Price Glory Cowhide Jacket

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Iandiana Jones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

What Price Glory Cowhide Jacket

Post by Iandiana Jones »

In case it was not common knowledge, WPG has what they describe as a "Raiders Jacket" in cowhide. At the staggeringly low price of $175US.

https://www.whatpriceglory.com/products ... e-leather/

Does anyone have it? Is it decent quality?

With respects to "screen accuracy" I only pain myself so far, but others may benefit more.
PropReplicator2
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Re: What Price Glory Cowhide Jacket

Post by PropReplicator2 »

I will revive this thread, because I came here to ask the same question. Also interested in learning a little more about what others have to say about this jacket... :CR:
Prodigal Son
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Prodigal Son »

Looks a lot like a US Wings jacket to me, at least a lot like the two I used to own about 13 years ago, although I don't think the pocket flaps are the same. And I'm not liking the WPG pocket flaps in the picture. But, $175 isn't a bad gamble to make, if you like the overall look of the jacket. After all, it's going to be your basic Indiana Jones jacket that looks good with business casual attire, or even jeans and a T-shirt. I'm sure it'll take on all the same character. And, lastly, a lot of the jackets coming out of 3rd world sweat shops seem to be sewn together pretty well. So, I think it's a safe bet you'd get a decent jacket.
Rob
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Rob »

Prodigal Son wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:07 am Looks a lot like a US Wings jacket to me, at least a lot like the two I used to own about 13 years ago, although I don't think the pocket flaps are the same. And I'm not liking the WPG pocket flaps in the picture. But, $175 isn't a bad gamble to make, if you like the overall look of the jacket. After all, it's going to be your basic Indiana Jones jacket that looks good with business casual attire, or even jeans and a T-shirt. I'm sure it'll take on all the same character. And, lastly, a lot of the jackets coming out of 3rd world sweat shops seem to be sewn together pretty well. So, I think it's a safe bet you'd get a decent jacket.
Second all of that. Unless you are going to get caught up in screen accurateness (which can be to varying degrees from person to person and more power to you if you do), the cheap knock offs from the third world can punch above their weight as jackets that look in the wheelhouse of what Indy might wear. It'll be fine. But if you know that's not what you want, put the cheap price out of your head and just pretend it's not an option, otherwise you'll get it and never be satisfied by it, and that $175 could have gone towards something else.
indianajohn007
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by indianajohn007 »

I just received mine in record time and it is an extremely nice jacket. I’m a 2X but ordered a 3X and it fits me perfectly. I’ve already showered in it and I plan on beating the @#$% out of it this week. At $175 it was a great deal. It does remind me of the US Wings cowhide jacket.
Last edited by indianajohn007 on Wed Jul 31, 2024 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

Do you know your chest measurement?
Also...
:WLWOP:
Rob
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Rob »

Stolen off Reddit... this is the WPG cowhide jacket for $175. The owner says they hit it with brown Kiwi shoe polish.

Without the shoe polish, it's reckoned to be a good enough DoD looking jacket. But with the shoe polish, I think it looks incredible.

Again, comes back to what I was saying earlier about some of these jackets coming out of the third world - really good for the money :whip:

Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

That does look good, but I do not recommend shoe polish for jackets. Shoe polish is a temporary application and you run the risk of the polish rubbing off and staining car seats or other surfaces the jacket has significant contact with. Leather dye is a better option that won’t transfer.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff