Is anyone here in contact with Wade Egan?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

starks_6
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Is anyone here in contact with Wade Egan?

Post by starks_6 »

Wade had contacted me early/ mid last year regarding making a Raiders holster for me and he has been paid and the holster was stated to be ready to post later last year and just didn't seem to eventuate. The last contact I had with Wade was around new years so about 3 months ago. He has not responded to further emails privately or on the forum.

Im trying to be careful here. People have problems and unexpected circumstances, and Wade could be in a hospital bed in a coma for all I know. So please understand I'm not slandering anyone. I avoided posting anything here as it sounds not positive, but I'm unsure what more I can do.

If anyone is in contact with Wade that can clarify his circumstances or ask him to get in contact that would be good.

Cheers,
Josh
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Is anyone here in contact with Wade Egan?

Post by Indiana Jeff »

When Wade popped back up on the forum last spring (almost exactly a year ago), I contacted him about an outstanding order. He offered an alternate item (a belt instead of a tool roll) and I was amenable to that. He stayed in good communication with me through the build and I received the belt in July.

Wade hasn't logged into COW since November 7. 2023.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Canyon »

Starks_6, I'm not sure if you are on Facebook, but he does have an account there. :TOH:
fifthchamber
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fifthchamber »

Don't worry too much, Wade is often very slow, due to a million and one issues often popping up outside of his control, but one thing I've always found is that the gear he says he'll make, he makes...It just takes a long time...

I ordered a DoFP belt from him at about the same time, and he said he'd have it done by the end of year, but didn't, so I figured he'd get to it when he gets to it, and he's best left alone to do what he can, when he can...He's never let me down before, but he's ALWAYS late, so don't worry too much...If it gets past two years, it might be something to be concerned over..

He's on Facebook, and still chats sometimes, but that also depends on his situation, work and his house have caused problems for him recently, so he's off and on there....

He's a good bloke, so personally, I'm not concerned about the time he takes...His gear is worth it. :TOH:
starks_6
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by starks_6 »

Thanks for the comments everyone.
I had bought pieces from Wade years ago and yeah it took time but he came through.

I want to make clear again, as in my first post, that this questioning wasnt about trying to slander or be negative.. just a fact finding post to see if anyone knew his circumstances.

The concern for me this time was communication stopped. Considering he seems to have a few other orders on the go and is somewhat behind I'll take it as he is just busy and will hopefully resume soon.
And then I can post pictures of me new holster :D

Canyon, Im not on Facebook but thanks for the suggestion. I'm somewhat enjoying keeping my life free of social media.

Cheers,
Josh
Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Canyon »

starks_6 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:45 pmCanyon, Im not on Facebook but thanks for the suggestion. I'm somewhat enjoying keeping my life free of social media.

Cheers,
Josh
I don't blame you, tbh. I've had to seriously cut back on Facebook because it was affecting my mental wellbeing.
fifthchamber
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fifthchamber »

starks_6 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:45 pm Thanks for the comments everyone.
I had bought pieces from Wade years ago and yeah it took time but he came through.

I want to make clear again, as in my first post, that this questioning wasnt about trying to slander or be negative.. just a fact finding post to see if anyone knew his circumstances.

The concern for me this time was communication stopped. Considering he seems to have a few other orders on the go and is somewhat behind I'll take it as he is just busy and will hopefully resume soon.
And then I can post pictures of me new holster :D

Canyon, Im not on Facebook but thanks for the suggestion. I'm somewhat enjoying keeping my life free of social media.

Cheers,
Josh
Yeah, he's not contacting me on Facebook either, so that's not ideal...He mentioned his email was a safer bet, but it's not really...I just send him a message every now and again asking how he is, and sometimes he's able to reply, most times he'll leave it on "read"...I figure that's just what he has to do...

Also, Facebook is nonsense...The only real "use" I have for it is "messenger" now, the actual homepage is 90% adverts for companies I don't know/care about and then random posts from people I don't really know....Not worth a second look, so losing it is missing nothing at all...Messenger is still viably useful...