Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Isaidwhipit
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Todd's v Wested

Post by Isaidwhipit »

Hi all!
New to the board here and deciding between these 2 brands.
For those of you who have had both, what are the differences between the Wested Raiders and Todd's?
Thanks!
The Character
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Todd's v Wested

Post by The Character »

Todss as far as i know gets great reviews and customer sevice excellent. not sure if they offer custom sizing and no options (i believe) on the hides used.
Wested does the custom options and different skins. never had a Todds but my Westeds have been great.

If you can wait and/or stretch the budget and its gonna be THE jacket for you, you may want to reach out to Diego at Steele & Jones ... arguably the top guys at fully bespoke and custom Jackets these days.
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

None other than Adam Savage himself says the Todd's jacket is his favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usEkSlT-SYA

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Isaidwhipit
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Isaidwhipit »

Just pulled the trigger on Todds! Thanks for the very timely input!
Illinois_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Illinois_Jones »

Well it's funny because I think the revelation from the original Raiders jackets that surprised most of *US* wasn't the leather but was that they used the same trouser buckles like the ToD jacket. I mean that was a good 30+ years of a lot of us magnifying screenshots and looking through catalogs and vintage shops and just downright guessing etc. Not to mention the battles here about it.
Prodigal Son
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Prodigal Son »

I was watching Raiders on Amazon just the other day when the black buckle on the Imam jacket popped out at me and I thought to myself, I should see if Todd’s ever started making those jackets again. Didn’t the old Coyles jackets have those black buckles? I think mine did. I had one of the “Bantu Wind” jackets that had the messed up yoke panels that curved. He sold them for cheap. I love the Imam jacket and, to me, the Coyles jackets were spot on.