Closest Shirt to the MBA/ Noel Howard Shirt

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

jnicktem
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Closest Shirt to the MBA/ Noel Howard Shirt

Post by jnicktem »

Hey folks, one of my first shirts that I bought years ago was from Noel Howard. It’s my favorite by far. Since then I have owned shirts by Wested, Azuma, and Adventurebilt.

None of the other shirts had the same feel as the Noel Howard shirt. It’s thinner and smoother than the others. It’s what I really like about it. But it’s kind of an irreplaceable shirt now, so I would like to get another Indy shirt that has the same feel.

What does everyone recommend?
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Re: Closest Shirt to the MBA/ Noel Howard Shirt

Post by Indiana Croft »

To be honest, the only one that comes close or continues to try is Azuma.
He recently did a run based on the NH color, I have one of each and I’d it came out pretty good.
Is it the same finish like material, probably not.
But you could only do worse.
I’d PM and see if he has any left and in your size.

Croft :mrgreen:
Castor Dioscuri
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Castor Dioscuri »

Weirdly, I think the Disney Indy shirt feels fairly close to the NH, only cheaper... It has a similar thin-ness and almost sheer quality to the fabric, but just a cheap, scratchy fabric. Polyester, I think?

But yeah, if you're looking for a similar weight fabric and feel, and want something that can be easily replaced, might as well try the Disney Indy shirt, especially if you ever see it on sale.

Most anything else is going to be pricier, have a wait time, and not be as easily replaced.
jnicktem
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by jnicktem »

I’m perfectly okay with something that’s pricier and has a wait time. I just know I can probably never replace my Noel Howard shirt.
Castor Dioscuri
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Castor Dioscuri »

I don't blame you at all! :) Makes me long for the good ol' days when he was around, or even not too long ago when there were many unworn NH shirts floating around the bazaar...

Man, time flies.
Kyarklover
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Kyarklover »

Was wondering if anyone was going to be maybe try and replicate the recently found Raiders of the Lost Ark shirt. On the video from Prop Store as well as the images it is the closest green images we've ever seen with such Clarity with stitching and even the pockets being slightly unlevel. Would be awesome is someone was willing to tackle this project and get everything as close as possible including the long front end of the shirt never realized it was quite that long to be tucked into the pants.