New S&W Indy Offering from Shoot & Scoot UK

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

Herr Doktor
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

New S&W Indy Offering from Shoot & Scoot UK

Post by Herr Doktor »

Teased on Facebook yesterday, and available for order today.

My total with shipping to the US was £80. When it arrives, I’ll post up pics to this thread.

https://shootandscoot.co.uk/products/sh ... ubber-prop
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Re: New S&W Indy Offering from Shoot & Scoot UK

Post by bearbeast »

Looks amazing considering it is rubber, nice grab, Herr Doktor!

Cheers,
Bear
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

The molded and painted bullets are a nice touch. My current prop from Western Stage Props is missing that. Is the space in front of the cylinder open or filled in? That’s another detail I wish was different on mine.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

With a little gold leaf and some light weathering on the medallions and perfect.

Don’t ,t see PayPal :-k
Will have to ponder.

Croft :mrgreen:
makeitjones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by makeitjones »

Just arrived this morning - cast is a bit 'bubbly' here and there and a little rough in places (on loop and serial number missing) but a decent holster filler for the price.
scooshoo.jpg
Herr Doktor
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Herr Doktor »

makeitjones wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:34 am Just arrived this morning - cast is a bit 'bubbly' here and there and a little rough in places (on loop and serial number missing) but a decent holster filler for the price.
So pretty much the same as their other offerings then? I’ve their Webley WG and the other S&W, and yeah…”holster filler” is the perfect descriptor.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Love the name of the company, by the way. :lol:

Regards! Michaelson
makeitjones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by makeitjones »

Their 'WG' is a weird mash up of a Mk V Webley frame with a Mk VI barrel. Similarly this is a 2 piece casting which isn't always perfectly aligned along the halves.

So has it been cast from the Bapty revolver? Looking at the pictures on the current auction for the Bapty (www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-cata ... 2fa1006c2b) it has proof marks in the same place (but missing serial number). If it is then that's pretty cool.

We're going to set up a little production lab in my leather shop that'll include resin casting so planning on using mine as a test project. Smooth out the blemishes and casting marks then recast in metal powder infused resin. If that works out will try the same on my WG.
IJJTM
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IJJTM »

makeitjones wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:42 pm Their 'WG' is a weird mash up of a Mk V Webley frame with a Mk VI barrel. Similarly this is a 2 piece casting which isn't always perfectly aligned along the halves.

So has it been cast from the Bapty revolver? Looking at the pictures on the current auction for the Bapty (www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-cata ... 2fa1006c2b) it has proof marks in the same place (but missing serial number). If it is then that's pretty cool.

We're going to set up a little production lab in my leather shop that'll include resin casting so planning on using mine as a test project. Smooth out the blemishes and casting marks then recast in metal powder infused resin. If that works out will try the same on my WG.
If you did a resin cast of a WG, I’d buy it in a heartbeat.
Herr Doktor
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Herr Doktor »

makeitjones wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:42 pm So has it been cast from the Bapty revolver? Looking at the pictures on the current auction for the Bapty (www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-cata ... 2fa1006c2b) it has proof marks in the same place (but missing serial number). If it is then that's pretty cool.
It was cast from A Bapty, not THE Bapty. Warren posted a comment on Facebook a couple of days ago in response to someone sharing pics of their newly arrived S&S:

“can i just point out that this was NOT cast from a screen used firearm,
"we have developed this very close match to the screen used side arm
by kind permission of Bapty "

i just wanted to make shore that poeple understand this 🙂
cheers guys !”
Herr Doktor
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Herr Doktor »

IJJTM wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:39 pm
makeitjones wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:42 pmWe're going to set up a little production lab in my leather shop that'll include resin casting so planning on using mine as a test project. Smooth out the blemishes and casting marks then recast in metal powder infused resin. If that works out will try the same on my WG.
I’d definitely be interested in hearing the price. Charlie Mott has a very limited resin WG run going, and while it looks beautiful, at around $160 shipped, is a bit too rich for my blood.
IJJTM
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IJJTM »

Herr Doktor wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:09 pm
IJJTM wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:39 pm
makeitjones wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:42 pmWe're going to set up a little production lab in my leather shop that'll include resin casting so planning on using mine as a test project. Smooth out the blemishes and casting marks then recast in metal powder infused resin. If that works out will try the same on my WG.
I’d definitely be interested in hearing the price. Charlie Mott has a very limited resin WG run going, and while it looks beautiful, at around $160 shipped, is a bit too rich for my blood.
Where is he doing the run?
Herr Doktor
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Herr Doktor »

IJJTM wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:26 pmWhere is he doing the run?
In the Indiana Jones Cosplay Group on Facebook. He posted a pic 4 or so days ago, and a number of members asked where to get one.
IJJTM
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IJJTM »

Thanks, I had messaged him, but didn’t get any follow up.
Herr Doktor
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Herr Doktor »

Got my Bapty from Shoot & Scoot. Less than impressed. While the quality is on par with the other models, it certainly isn’t as nice as the photos on the website. “Holster filler” is the best way to describe it.

I’m probably going to try fixing it up a bit, using the other S&W as a test subject for the painting.