US Wings jacket insulation/fill

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Bennethon
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

US Wings jacket insulation/fill

Post by Bennethon »

I am looking to purchase a US Wings Indy jacket. I had my eye on one of the Cooper Original style jackets, but I am glad I read the forums here first. Reading this thread, it sounds like the Cooper jackets have an insulation layer inside the jacket that make them very warm: https://www.indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?t=71744

I live in a warmer climate, and I don't want an extra insulation layer.

So now I am looking at the jackets that US Wings is listing that are NOT Coopers. There are:
- Signature Series Goatskin Indy-Style Adventurer Jacket
- US Wings® Goatskin Indy-Style Adventurer Jacket

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with either of these? Do you know if these jackets have any extra insulation or fill layer?

Any additional details you have on either of these US Wings jackets would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! \:D/
Kokopelli
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: US Wings jacket insulation/fill

Post by Kokopelli »

I would suggest emailing them and asking. US Wings seems to make running changes that take a while to show up online, so better safe than sorry, and know what you’re getting.
Bennethon
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Re: US Wings jacket insulation/fill

Post by Bennethon »

I emailed US Wings, and the Sarge replied, "Our Indy Jackets do not have the extra lining." So, I dunno. Maybe things have changed since that previous thread?