US Wings Signature Indy

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Synycyl
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

US Wings Signature Indy

Post by Synycyl »

I never thought it would happen, but thanks to Black Friday I am going to be the owner of the US Wings Signature Indy jacket.

My only concern is the sizing. Based on my weight (225 lbs), US Wings recommended a 2XL, but the chart says my chest should be 50-52, which I suspect is more 46-48. I don't consider myself pear shaped so we will see how it fits tomorrow. Worse case scenario, return shipping isn't international so an exchange shouldn't break the bank.

Those of you who have the US Wings jacket, how did you find the sizing?
ijq8
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: US Wings Signature Indy

Post by ijq8 »

One size too big. I’m 6’1”, athletic build, 195lbs with a measured 43” chest. I ordered a large signature series but it was too big. M was just right. Enjoy your new jacket!
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

If it turns out not being the right size, do NOT remove ANY tags. They will exchange it with no problems, just make sure it goes back the way your got it.

Congratulations! They're GREAT jackets! :M: :tup:

Regards! Michaelson
Photoss
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Photoss »

I just echo what the others said above, the signature series is a great line of real-world jackets, but they all seem to run at least one size larger than what they say. I'm a 46 (220 lbs) and a sig series Large fits me well, though if you want to layer XL might be the way to go. US Wing's Legend line though, that's almost the opposite. :CR:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Actually, I've found the Legend pattern in size large dead on in sizing, at least for me....but then, that's another topic all together. ;)

Regard! M
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

I have found the Legends to be 'true to size' though are a trimmer cut jacket compared to the Signature Series that I think are also 'true to size' though are a looser cut jacket.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

Unless you have a very big gut (bigger than your chest), start with the XL. I am currently a 46, and a Signature 2X is much too big. I used to have several when I was a 50, but had to sell them when I lost a bunch of weight. And, like others have said, exchanging is very no-hassle with USW, as long as you keep the tags on until you're sure.