Advintage Light Sable Temple of Doom

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

teneas
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Advintage Light Sable Temple of Doom

Post by teneas »

While I haven't taken the time to take pictures yet, a few weeks ago I received a beaver felt, handmade Advintage Temple Fedora in light sable. I will be posting pictures in a week or so, as I am getting married this coming Monday, and intend to wear the hat. It's honestly my favorite hat out of all of them now. I love my Penman, and the Garrison's I own are super soft, but the Advintage is spot on for softness, color preference, style, and comfort. Seriously can't say enough about this hat. Will post pics after wedding!
KhanVader
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Re: Advintage Light Sable Temple of Doom

Post by KhanVader »

teneas wrote:While I haven't taken the time to take pictures yet, a few weeks ago I received a beaver felt, handmade Advintage Temple Fedora in light sable. I will be posting pictures in a week or so, as I am getting married this coming Monday, and intend to wear the hat. It's honestly my favorite hat out of all of them now. I love my Penman, and the Garrison's I own are super soft, but the Advintage is spot on for softness, color preference, style, and comfort. Seriously can't say enough about this hat. Will post pics after wedding!

Congratulations! Your hat sounds great, can't wait to see some pictures :TOH:
Glenville86
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Glenville86 »

Congrats on the fedora and marriage!
Charybdis
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Charybdis »

Ditto! Can't wait to see it!
Havana
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Havana »

Congratulations. Please post some pics when you can.
Howard Weinstein
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Howard Weinstein »

teneas wrote:While I haven't taken the time to take pictures yet, a few weeks ago I received a beaver felt, handmade Advintage Temple Fedora in light sable. I will be posting pictures in a week or so, as I am getting married this coming Monday, and intend to wear the hat. It's honestly my favorite hat out of all of them now. I love my Penman, and the Garrison's I own are super soft, but the Advintage is spot on for softness, color preference, style, and comfort. Seriously can't say enough about this hat. Will post pics after wedding!
That's great that you got a fantastic new hat in time for the wedding!

I love my AdVintage Harrison rabbit/beaver mix, so I'd imagine your 100% beaver must be pretty amazing.
Have fun at the wedding -- and we're all looking forward to hat pics!
teneas
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by teneas »

Here are some of the shots. These aren't the professional ones yet though. Oh! One thing you can't see are my Staff of Ra Headpiece Cuff-links from Magnoli that I wore as well! Had the hat made, and the cuff-links ordered just for the marriage. This hat is by far my favorite. It's soft, just the right amount of floppy, and the inside is gorgeous as well. Black silk with "Fortune and Glory" on the sweatband.

Because I think this one is incredible with the ray of sunshine and what not:

Charybdis
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Charybdis »

Awesome pics! Congratulations on the marriage and the hat. Looks great! :clap:
AttyOzzy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by AttyOzzy »

Interesting Phenomena! Perhaps someone has some insight:

When it comes to the Temple hat on Indy - in the movie TOD, the hat has some points of critique.

BUT!!!!! - Every time I see a Temple hat (such as this gorgeous one worn by Teneas) the Temple hats always look amazing on real people. Any thoughts as to why this may be (assuming of course someone else agrees with me)?

Looks great Teneas - perfect with that vest. Congratulations to you and your beautiful bride!

BTW, as you walk down the aisle and a sudden wind breezes in - don't you dare let Mutt anywhere near your hat! Please! Just tell him to get back on the bike.

Best Wishes,

AO
teneas
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by teneas »

AttyOzzy wrote:Interesting Phenomena! Perhaps someone has some insight:

When it comes to the Temple hat on Indy - in the movie TOD, the hat has some points of critique.

BUT!!!!! - Every time I see a Temple hat (such as this gorgeous one worn by Teneas) the Temple hats always look amazing on real people. Any thoughts as to why this may be (assuming of course someone else agrees with me)?

Looks great Teneas - perfect with that vest. Congratulations to you and your beautiful bride!

BTW, as you walk down the aisle and a sudden wind breezes in - don't you dare let Mutt anywhere near your hat! Please! Just tell him to get back on the bike.

Best Wishes,

AO
Thanks! I do tend to agree with you on the Temple hat looking good on people. For me personally there are reasons I prefer it:

Temple of Doom is my favorite out of them all.
Raiders crown is to high in my opinion for me to pull off. I'm not comfortable with it personally, so that comes across.
I don't like the "cowboy curl" on the Last Crusade hat.
I honestly think that Crystal Skull hat is a close second in how it looks on people.

I prefer a bit more straight brim without to much curl, or misshapen sides.

Temple crown is a tad bit shorter as well so perhaps it looks more natural, or tends to flow with most peoples look?
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

:clap: ! Totally impressed! Not just with you choice in the hat, but you guys look perfect together -- I pray you have many good adventures together! God Bless you both! And, yes.... great looking hat :TOH: ! W>