Steele and Jones thin cowhide jacket

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Jones-Solo
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Steele and Jones thin cowhide jacket

Post by Jones-Solo »

Guess my other post was deleted because I posted it on thin horsehide post again sorry. I like my jacket though its taking sometime to get used to how short it is on me. Other than that it fits perfect although if I wanted to where heavier sweat shirt or layer under it would need to be at least on size bigger, but this is a light weight jacket anyway. I think I want to order a LC style jacket since they are roomier and would be a good one for laying and the cold winter weather here in Kentucky. Any suggestions on what hide and distressing or not I want it to be SA because the ROLA I just got is spot on accurate. Diego does wonderful work and keeps you updated on status and just does a all around great job. Please let me know what you think of my jacket and the fit, and would like any suggestions on ordering a LC for next winter. Image
Glenville86
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Steele and Jones thin cowhide jacket

Post by Glenville86 »

Looks good - congrats!
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Forrest For the Trees »

Well, I'll say it again... it's not too short. ;)

The fit should be similar to an A2, but without the knit waistband. It's a jacket, not a coat. Your front jeans pockets should be partially visible, and your belt buckle should be covered by the bottom hem of your jacket.
kozmoedave
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by kozmoedave »

I concur. Looks good to me. I don't know how many Indy jackets you have, but with my first one, I had to get used to everything. At first I thought it didn't fit and I'd have to exchange it for a size up. Posted a few pics here to positive response and wore it for a couple days only to realize it fit perfectly. But perfectly for an Indy jacket. Now I can't bring myself to wear anything else. I've gotten more compliments on my Indy jackets in the last two years than I have on any other articles of clothing I've ever owned combined. In my opinion you've got yourself a winner. At some point, I'll probably be getting an LC S&J , too, because of my soft spot for the film and how incredible the jackets look.
Jones-Solo
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Jones-Solo »

Thanks guys I appreciate the input so much and it is my first Indy Jacket so I am just getting used to it. Part of that is because I used to be 480lbs and clothes never fit right much less looked good on me and so glad I choose Steele and Jones. I think they offer the best fit and value for the money and they don't do it for their everyday job, its something they do because they are fans. I think I will contact Diego about a LC like I mentioned earlier slightly bigger so I can layer underneath for winter wear. I am very pleased with it.
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

Looks great on you JS - a keeper for sure and a good length.
Screencapped
Vendor

Post by Screencapped »

That jacket is pretty dang nice! You can't miss with Diego and Roberto. I have their LC Cazadora '38 and it's worth every penny. :TOH:
Jones-Solo
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Jones-Solo »

Yes the jacket has really grown on me. I am going to order a LC from them a little larger in size so I can layer under it and wear in the winter.
Obersalzberg
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Obersalzberg »

Looks great! you won't be disappointed with there LC jacket, I love mine.
Jones-Solo
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Jones-Solo »

Thanks I like it more the longer I have it. Today is was in the 70's a little to warm and had to shed it felt bummed out. Yeah I need to talk to Diego about the LC.