Raiders SA Suitcase Available

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

temple_runner
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Raiders SA Suitcase Available

Post by temple_runner »

Hey guys,

I am always scouring the internet for the next great prop, and recently came across this really close to SA suitcase (with vintage travel stickers already on it). I don't have the ability to but it at the moment (just ordered an Akubra Fed IV), but I figured somebody would really enjoy this.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/482858505/ ... se-vintage
cropdustdair
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: Raiders SA Suitcase Available

Post by cropdustdair »

This is nice, but how do we know this is close to screen accuracy?
chenricy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by chenricy »

I gotta admit that looks cool!
temple_runner
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by temple_runner »

cropdustdair wrote:This is nice, but how do we know this is close to screen accuracy?
I was basing that off the film stills I was looking at. The leathers color is off but it has the right color interior and handle style.
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

I can say from experience.... don't travel anywhere with one of those unless it's in a car. Airports will trash it.
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

http://movie-screencaps.com/raiders-lost-ark-1981/15/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

temple_runner wrote:Hey guys,I am always scouring the internet for the next great prop, and recently came across this really close to SA suitcase (with vintage travel stickers already on it). I don't have the ability to but it at the moment (just ordered an Akubra Fed IV), but I figured somebody would really enjoy this.
Great find! I too am consistently on the hunt for a good suitcase from ROLA and a Gladstone bag from TOD. The ones I find are affordable, but completely falling apart; or in good condition, but cost more than the ticket on a Pan American flight to Nepal!
backstagejack wrote:I can say from experience.... don't travel anywhere with one of those unless it's in a car. Airports will trash it.
Agreed. To say nothing of how heavy these old leather bags are. You won't be able to put more than a pair of socks in the bag without going overweight! :shock:

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I've said it before, Jeff, you need to come down to Tennessee to look for these if you're in the market. :TOH:

I saw two just yesterday in a Chattanooga antique store, exactly LIKE this, and they were only $45 each!

I even see the occasional Gladstone, but as you say, they do want a bit more for them, and they're usually pretty dried out.

Anyway, they're everywhere down here. ;)

Regards! Michaelson
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

I've got an old Samsonite that I've traveled internationally with but... luckily, it fit perfectly in the carry-on cage, so I don't have to worry about it being man-handled by careless workers.

Pygar
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Pygar »

The stickers look iffy- all the colors the same. Look at the variation on the one just above!
Indiana Neri
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Rhode Island: The Tiny State That's Actually NOT An Island...and no, I'm not from "Quahog"

Post by Indiana Neri »

Mags - I've got that SAME case!! I took it to Kansas City (MO) one year and it wouldn't fit as a carry-on, according to Southwest Airlines, so I had to check it. When we landed, SW had tapped my luggage shut! Now, I've been hesitant to take it with me on long trips.

.....so I use my CS rucksack instead :lol:

---K :TOH:
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Got myself a new suitcase, but felt like it would be cluttering this thread to post it here.

Take a gander - http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f ... 62#p891262" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,

Indiana Jeff