Indy shirt color comparison Todd,Todd, Wested, WPG

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

indyfan1234
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Indy shirt color comparison Todd,Todd, Wested, WPG

Post by indyfan1234 »

Okay so I figure I post another one of these as I picked up another Indy shirt from WPG and I gotta say I love the color on WPG! Just make sure you order size smaller then normal. I'm normally a large/xl and I got a medium and fits me perfectly. So far WPG is my favorite over all. Love the Wested size and feel.

From left to right.
First todds, latest todds, latest new Wested version, and current What Price Glory

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/gIIYZ04" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/6YSHWuS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/ladornU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/FDcqsw3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by indyfan1234 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kozmoedave
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Indy shirt color comparison Todd,Todd, Wested, WPG

Post by kozmoedave »

Very cool comparison, thank you!
indyfan1234
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indyfan1234 »

kozmoedave wrote:Very cool comparison, thank you!
Thank you. If the Wested had the WPG color then I think that would have been the best. But WPG defiantly takes 1st on the color as I think it's the closest I have seen to SA. I have heard aventirbult is good on color too. Of course nothing will beat the NH.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Hows the fit on the WPG nowadays? I remember these were oversized before.
Charybdis
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Charybdis »

Apparently they still are. He says you have to order a size smaller on the WPG shirts...
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

:TOH:
indyfan1234
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indyfan1234 »

I have a 42 chest and got the medium and fits perfect. Doesn't look baggy at all. The medium is rated to a 46 chest so the sizes do run bigger.
lukedlb
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by lukedlb »

I have a wpg medium and it's too big. I'm a 42 chest. The shoulders slide off. I would need the small.
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

Second from the left, Todd's ;) :tup:
Glenville86
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Glenville86 »

Thanks for posting the collection.

I have a Wested and a WPG. The Wested XXL is almost too small for me. The WPG is also a XXL and very roomy. Could go in a XL I think from WPG.
Mark Raats
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Mark Raats »

Given that there is so much debate on the color of the shirts, I thought it might be of interest to let you guys know that there is no single color - even within each of the first three movies.

Looking through the costumes at the Skywalker Ranch archives about 3 weeks ago, I was amazed to see that there are so many shades. The Raiders shirts (as is the case with all of the costumes from ROTLA) are in very poor condition - possibly indicating that they had fewer costumes made and therefore the wear and tear on each item is significantly more than with the other two movies.

Each movies costumes are kept together so all the shirts, Jackets, Trousers etc, hang side-by-side and the first thing that struck me was that with the shirts, the colors varied.

Here is a picture of the two of the shirts from TOD and you will see that the colors are totally different even though they came from the same movie. It might well be that the one was washed more than the other but the fabric didn't feel any different - in other words, the lighter one didn't feel that the fabric was more fragile than the darker one was.

Although I didn't have a shirt with me to make a side-by-side comparison, I would say that for Raiders, the Todd's shirt is the closest in color generally.

Regards,
MARK
Nitz146
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Nitz146 »

Very interesting Mark. So it looks like with some things we might be just running in circles trying to get that right color. I guess it would make more sense going scene accurate instead of screen movie accurate overall. Thanks.
Mark Raats
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Mark Raats »

Nitz146 wrote:Very interesting Mark. So it looks like with some things we might be just running in circles trying to get that right color. I guess it would make more sense going scene accurate instead of screen movie accurate overall. Thanks.
Certainly this has been my opinion for years. The issue of lighting, color degradation of film stock, dupe film stock and the variation in the shirts do seem to make any color matching nearly impossible.
That said, part of the fun about this hobby is trying to find answers and in truth, me going to the archives is simply just another quest to find answers of my own..

Fortune and Glory.
Glenville86
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Glenville86 »

I have had WPG and Wested shirts. Before I continue, both companies provide a nice product for cosplay. Since I do not cosplay and wear my Indy items as normal clothing items, the Indy shirts are just not for me due to the severe wrinkling and the shortness of the Wested ones.

Both the WPG and new Wested shirts looks nice with a good screen color in my opinion.

Have an old Wested one that is yellowish but washed and dries without wrinkling up at all. Wore that shirt a lot. Noticed it was finally getting some stains on it (not sure from what) and went ahead and ordered 2 new Wested ones in XXL. They arrived and after a wash in cold, are very wrinkled. The same was true with my WPG shirt. Wested had changed their shirts from the old one I have. Both the WPG and Wested shirts do not iron well. I cannot wear them to work due to the severe wrinkling. The Wested shirts were way too short in the XXL size and could not be tucked in. I will be donating them this week.

To be fair, for cosplay or a camping shirt, these are fine. For normal wear, they don't quite cut it. I cannot justify any button down shirts that cannot be worn on a regular basis. Do not have the closet space.

I am done buying any "official" Indy shirts. For you guys who do cosplay, it would look great. Tall people might want to skip the Wested ones if they want to tuck them in. I am one of those people who wear the boots, jackets and hats as normal clothing. Get my Indy vibe that way. ;) To get a close looking shirt, I usually buy the Cabela ones.
ijq8
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ijq8 »

Curious if anyone has purchased a WPG shirt recently and can report on sizing and color.
Cheers,
ijq8
indyfan1234
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indyfan1234 »

ijq8 wrote:Curious if anyone has purchased a WPG shirt recently and can report on sizing and color.
Cheers,
ijq8
I have the latest batch of wpg and I realized my pictures don’t show up top anymore from photobucket being paid for now :-/ but I think the wpg is my favorite #### I own color wise. Very close to the advtniturebilt color only slight darker. I’m a 42 chest size which usually is a large or xl in most shirts I ordered a medium long being 6’1” and it fits perfect. They make their shirts on the big side hence a medium fits perfect on me.
ijq8
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ijq8 »

indyfan1234 wrote:
ijq8 wrote:Curious if anyone has purchased a WPG shirt recently and can report on sizing and color.
Cheers,
ijq8
I have the latest batch of wpg and I realized my pictures don’t show up top anymore from photobucket being paid for now :-/ but I think the wpg is my favorite #### I own color wise. Very close to the advtniturebilt color only slight darker. I’m a 42 chest size which usually is a large or xl in most shirts I ordered a medium long being 6’1” and it fits perfect. They make their shirts on the big side hence a medium fits perfect on me.
Thanks. Perfect info...I'm also 6'1" so a M long it is. Cheers.
Frederick
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Frederick »

Cheers,
ijq8
I had a WPG shirt very recently which I returned. I found that the colour in person much represents the light khaki of the background behind the Club Obi Wan Logo above - you can also view the shirt on a member here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSvWqQEZbnI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The biggest issue I had was the oversized shoulders, in all the photos I had seen the shoulder seam hung way past the shoulders and looked baggy on members, this get's extenuated with the epaulettes as it started to travel down the arm. To make sure I reduced the chance of this happening to me I ordered the smallest shirt they had. The fit/arm length was fine if not a little short in the arms but their shoulder seams were measuring way to wide/long and looked silly.
indyfan1234
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indyfan1234 »

Frederick wrote:
Cheers,
ijq8
I had a WPG shirt very recently which I returned. I found that the colour in person much represents the light khaki of the background behind the Club Obi Wan Logo above - you can also view the shirt on a member here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSvWqQEZbnI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The biggest issue I had was the oversized shoulders, in all the photos I had seen the shoulder seam hung way past the shoulders and looked baggy on members, this get's extenuated with the epaulettes as it started to travel down the arm. To make sure I reduced the chance of this happening to me I ordered the smallest shirt they had. The fit/arm length was fine if not a little short in the arms but their shoulder seams were measuring way to wide/long and looked silly.
I defiantly understand the large shoulders. I have bigger shoulders so they ended up not looking big on me. Which is also why the hero jacket from wested is so tight on me.
Blackadder
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Blackadder »

I wear Westeds Large, was considering a WPG, has a better color imo, so I would have to go with a Medium regular or long since they are on the bigger side ?
indyfan1234
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indyfan1234 »

Blackadder wrote:I wear Westeds Large, was considering a WPG, has a better color imo, so I would have to go with a Medium regular or long since they are on the bigger side ?
It depends on your chest size and if your tall. Would only recommend L if your a tall person. And according to the site chart a size medium is chest size 46 and large is 50 chest size so you can see how much bigger the shirts are.
Blackadder
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Blackadder »

indyfan1234 wrote:
Blackadder wrote:I wear Westeds Large, was considering a WPG, has a better color imo, so I would have to go with a Medium regular or long since they are on the bigger side ?
It depends on your chest size and if your tall. Would only recommend L if your a tall person. And according to the site chart a size medium is chest size 46 and large is 50 chest size so you can see how much bigger the shirts are.
I am 6'2 and 44 chest size, maybe medium long then...
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Just as a point, so am I, and sizing always seems to vary between M and L from vendor to vendor.

Longs have always been, well, too long on me, but once again, it depends on your body shape. Are you long waisted?

Regards! Michaelson
Blackadder
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Blackadder »

Michaelson wrote:Just as a point, so am I, and sizing always seems to vary between M and L from vendor to vendor.

Longs have always been, well, too long on me, but once again, it depends on your body shape. Are you long waisted?

Regards! Michaelson
I am, I used to wear military stuff in medium long.
indyfan1234
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indyfan1234 »

I reposted the comparison pictures up on my top post on imgur so the links should work now
ijq8
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ijq8 »

indyfan1234 wrote:I reposted the comparison pictures up on my top post on imgur so the links should work now
Thanks indyfan1234
ijq8
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ijq8 »

So I just recieved my M long shirt from WPG. Super fast shipping from Dubai (4 days and over a weekend). It's well made and seems to be the right size-- I'm usually a large. The bottom is a tad long--too long to wear untucked but nice if you hate shirts riding up. The color is good-- a light khaki. My only issue is the shoulder seam...I'm not really sure I like how far it falls over my shoulder or how the tabs stop far from the collar. Thoughts?

indyfan1234
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indyfan1234 »

ijq8 wrote:So I just recieved my M long shirt from WPG. Super fast shipping from Dubai (4 days and over a weekend). It's well made and seems to be the right size-- I'm usually a large. The bottom is a tad long--too long to wear untucked but nice if you hate shirts riding up. The color is good-- a light khaki. My only issue is the shoulder seam...I'm not really sure I like how far it falls over my shoulder or how the tabs stop far from the collar. Thoughts?

I think the long has a inch wider shoulders then the regular medium. Can Always get it fixed at a tailor. They seem to based the flaps on LC and crystal