US Wings Vintage Cowhide Indy Style Adventurer Jacket

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

US Wings Vintage Cowhide Indy Style Adventurer Jacket

Post by Weston »

Well folks, I thought I'd share some pics and brief review of US Wings latest Indy offering!

This is the Signature Series Vintage Cowhide Indy-Style Adventurer. Not to be confused with the Signature Series Vintage Cowhide Adventurer. This is a new jacket, in a leather they have never offered before. Here's a shot of it in my 'spring has sprung' overgrown back yard.

The leather is amazing. Wings advertises it as tough as bison but feels like lamb. I'd say it feels more like deer or elk. Very soft to the touch, supple and rich, and at the same time substantial enough that you feel well protected in it. It's easily the most comfortable jacket I've ever put on.

Here are a couple shots next to my Roohide Legend. Both are size L. The difference in fit is like the difference between choosing slim fit jeans or relaxed fit. The Signature Series jacket definitely has more room and is longer, good for layering in the colder weather.

I'd be more than happy to answer any questions I can about the jacket. For now, my impression is that this jacket is the right choice for someone looking for a super comfortable LC/KOTCS style jacket in a luxurious leather. It's solid enough to hold up to real use but won't weigh you down, and built to last a lifetime.
Bradsburns
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: US Wings Vintage Cowhide Indy Style Adventurer Jacket

Post by Bradsburns »

Glorious jacket! Side question.... Who's the maker of the fedora in the second pic? Has a great colour.

Thanks
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

Bradsburns wrote:Glorious jacket! Side question.... Who's the maker of the fedora in the second pic? Has a great colour.

Thanks
It's a Knox Twenty I picked up at an antique store here a few years ago. A very lucky find!
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

Nice pics, Weston! Need to get mine up this weekend...it's been a crazy week with work, so I haven't had a chance, yet!

It really is a wonderful leather...and the "tough as bison/soft as deer" analogy? Dead-on accurate. :TOH:

Stay tuned, boys and girls ;)

Cheers!
ID
Hammerklavier
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Hammerklavier »

Great review , I own the old vintage cowhide, whats the different ? Thanks
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

I think the only difference is the leather. They had to distinguish it from the Vintage Cowhide Adventurer already available. I can check with Sarge and make sure. If you have a really old Signature Series there could be some differences in lining, pocket size, etc.
Hammerklavier
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Hammerklavier »

thanks!
This is the one I have http://www.uswings.com/product/signatur ... rer-jacket" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, it's close to CS jacket, could you post more picture of your new jacket, it will be very helpful!
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

Well, here's the answer, straight from Sarge himself.

'I am glad you ask that.. They are the same cut 100 % each jacket is hand cut and hand put together But Roz Schott Herself.. Roz only makes 100 at a time.. Roz and I are not only Business Partners But I am a very close Friend of the Family.. The Leather is hand tanned and picked..'

I'll be glad to put up more pics as soon as I can!
Hammerklavier
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Hammerklavier »

Thanks much !!

I am waiting for your pics to decide whether I should get another one, is this comes with distressed looking like movie? It is a shame that I missed collector's edition, so I am trying to find other one which is close to collector's edition jacket
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

Hammerklavier wrote:Thanks much !!

I am waiting for your pics to decide whether I should get another one, is this comes with distressed looking like movie? It is a shame that I missed collector's edition, so I am trying to find other one which is close to collector's edition jacket
There will definitely be more pics. But I will say that it does not come distressed, and doesn't have the color or characteristic of the leather seen in KOTCS (or any of the other movies really). It's very much a chocolate brown with shades of red, and feels more like an elk hide than anything else I can think of.
Hammerklavier
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Hammerklavier »

Thats very helpful, then I give it up, it is too bad USW is not gonna re-introduce Legend or Hero jacket, in bison cowhide and naked cowhide, but thanks much!!
davyjones007
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by davyjones007 »

A little late on this thread, but those are great looking jackets.
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

Weston wrote:
Bradsburns wrote:Glorious jacket! Side question.... Who's the maker of the fedora in the second pic? Has a great colour.

Thanks
It's a Knox Twenty I picked up at an antique store here a few years ago. A very lucky find!
I think he meant the second picture not the second fedora you're wearing. The pic where the fedora is sitting on the jacket.... the coloring on that thing is gorgeous. Is that the hat you meant?

:TOH: