Sidestraps Issues

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Castor Dioscuri
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Sidestraps Issues

Post by Castor Dioscuri »

So I can't be the only one... The most used jacket in my Nowak collection is a Raiders in shrunken lamb, and I've noticed for years now that the sidestraps have an outward roll/curl. Just imagine the extra length of the sidestraps curling around itself to get a visual.

The length of these sidestraps doesn't help matters, making them almost look like miniature ram horns on my back. I'm sure the fact that I use this jacket for long road trips and time spent seated ended up training this curl into the straps.

I always wondered about this as I don't think I've ever seen anyone mention this issue before. None of my other Indy jackets have this, but at the same time, I rarely wear my other jackets for them to develop this curl.

Anyone else ever have this problem?
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: Sidestraps Issues

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

Not as dramatic as you're describing, but yes. I usually try to fold the long ones back and partly through the buckle again when I get the straps adjusted to my liking.
Doctor_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Doctor_Jones »

I've grown so fat over the years that I don't need to thighten the straps so much anymore. I did have troubles with them before when I was younger and more fit than now. :lol:
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Well, leather is a natural thing, it happens. Especially when you say its the most used jacket. I suspect, when you sit or drive your car the straps get caught between your back and the chair/seat. Forcing them to curl.

It's a very easy fix tho. Wetten the straps and pull them down and flatten them. That will do the trick.