New "KOTCS" Snakewhip

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

Blake Bruning
Vendor

New "KOTCS" Snakewhip

Post by Blake Bruning »

You know...the Raiders style Natural Color Bullwhip has a place in my heart, but I love the KOTCS Whip so much I wondered why I haven't seen the color motif and stylishly thin/long wrist loop on a snake whip before...so I made one. This is a 5' 12 Plait Whiskey Overlay w/ Brandy 7 Part 6 Bight 2 Pass Heel Knot and a 7" long 4 strand wrist loop...so it can be tied in a knot. This whip came together wonderfully. I am also in process of make a 6' 16 plait version. I have a few of the whip with out flash, but it doesn't show the rich whiskey and brandy color very well, so I got some with flash as well. I am placing it for sale on the Cairo Bizare, but I am not placing this to promote...just FYI. What I would love is to hear what you guy's think.

http://s1026.photobucket.com/user/indyv ... ake%20Whip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: New "KOTCS" Snakewhip

Post by Gorak »

WOW..this looks really cool. Very vintage and adventury! Great job!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Blake Bruning
Vendor

Post by Blake Bruning »

Thank you for the compliment. My good friend, the great whip m akerCracy Tyler...informed me that Joe Strain has already made one. It is on his facebook and he added a transition knot as well as diamond pattern from heel to transition knot.
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

Looks really good! I'd be proud have one like that in my collection.
Blake Bruning
Vendor

Post by Blake Bruning »

Lmk....I am always ready to make a whip!