WG in Lawless?

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

WG in Lawless?

Post by knibs7 »

Noticed this the other night when I was seeing TDKR. Looks like Mutt stole his daddy's gun.

Kyle
Magnum
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: WG in Lawless?

Post by Magnum »

And his Aldens?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Those don't look like Aldens. :-k

They lace all the way to the top rather than have hook lacing. You can see that on the top of his left boot (on our right). :TOH:

Regards! Michaelson
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

Also looks like a possible cap toe.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Upon closer inspection, I think it might just be a MKIV.

Kyle
IndyRiv
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndyRiv »

I'd have to see a better resolution pic of what's been posted, but from what I can see, it looks like the handle might be a regular square Mark VI. It can slightly be seen peeking out from the bottom of LaBeouf's hand.
Indiana Bond
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Pacific Ocean: 19 29.84 N - 155 54.62 W Occupation: Archaeologist "Licensed to Kill"

Post by Indiana Bond »

It's definately a MK VI and not a WG. It is easy to distinguish the two without needing to see the grips. Just look at the area in front of the trigger guard. The WG has a flat area that is about an inch long. The MK VI doesn't. Also the cylinder is longer on the WG. From the size and the "ramps" in front of the cylinder it is the larger .455 and not the .38.

Also as a further clarification on the Webley MK series. There was both a .38 MK IV and a .455 MK IV. The two guns were totally different and shared no common parts. The .38 MK IV was significantly smaller than the .455 MK IV version.

The larger bore .455 series started with the MK I and went all the way to the MK VI. The smaller bore .38 series also started with a MK I and ended with the MK IV. Because of the same designations there has always been confusion between the .38 and the .455 models.

Hope this helps!