Todd's Raider

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

darkhelmet
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Todd's Raider

Post by darkhelmet »

I saw several threads but didn't want to hijack someone else's so I'll post my own review.

THIS... HAT... ROCKS!

I own the Downtowner, which is an awesome hat for the money but Todd's Raider is so much better. It's a softer, velvety fur felt and more flexible than the Downtowner. It's lighter, creamery brown and just a hair thinner.

The Downtowner is just slightly taller in the crown and it really shows when I wear it. Todd's Raider being just slightly shorter in the crown has a better look on me and I am going to say, resembles the LC fedora more, which I really like anyway. I can easily give it the back "swoop".

When I got my Downtowner last year, I immediately replaced the ribbon with Todd's Hat Ribbon. Todd's Raider comes with his ribbon, and a Raider ribbon to boot :mrgreen:

All I can say is if you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. It's so choice.

Pics coming soon.
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: Todd's Raider

Post by Mitch LaRue »

darkhelmet wrote:I saw several threads but didn't want to hijack someone else's so I'll post my own review.
Hi darkhelmet,
It might not be my place to say, but I don't think you (or any member here) should ever feel like you need to start a brand new Thread (especially on a Subject that's already well underway in another Thread) out of concern that you'd be interpreted as "hijacking" someone else's Thread...
I don't think anyone here would accuse you - or anyone else - of that sort of thing when the subject matter is already underway in another Thread that touches on the same material.
:)

Please consider...
First of all, just because someone else starts a Thread doesn't mean they necessarily own it... at least that's never been my take on it. I know I've started several myself and from the minute you give birth to it, it immediately kinda' "belongs" (if that's even the right word) to this Community... we're all welcome to post reactions, words of praise, encouragement, criticism, what have you - provided it stays on topic.
YES, if the Thread is in pursuit of certain information or answers and that very goal IS accomplished, I believe it's the usually customary that the Member who began the "conversation" to request that the Thread be LOCKED
(That said, a Thread can be locked down well in advance of seeking the original writer's "OK" if deemed necessary by the MODs and ADMINs here at C.O.W.)
... but my point is I don't recall anyone who's ever started a Thread called "Lee Keppler's GREAT Indy Hats" having the gall to respond to photos of Lee Keppler Indy Hats posted by another Member with a comment of "Hey you... Outta here... I don't want photos of YOUR Lee Keppler Indy Hat in MY Lee Keppler Hat Thread!"
:P
Again, that's always been my take.

But also from the standpoint of someone like myself -AND others here- who will often (sometimes months and months after a photo or comment is posted) conduct Searches through various Threads looking for the elusive "where did I SEE that?" photo or comment, there's THIS problem:
We often have too many different Threads with a common goal.

As of this writing, here's what I see here on Page 1 of the Fedora Forum:
- One Thread called "Todd's Raider to TOD Fedora Help"
- One Thread called "indyclone's review on the new "RAIDER" fedora from Todd's"
- One Thread called "Todd's Raider..."
- One Thread called "Pics of Todd's Raider Fedora"
- and the Thread you've now added called "Todd's Raider"
See what I'm saying? It's not only a little excessive, but it can get confusing for foggy-brained old-timers like myself ](*,)

Anyway, I'm not asking you to delete your Thread and move your awesome comments over to one of the other Threads, or anything...
Like I said: Not my place.
And I hope you take this message in the spirit that's it's meant: I ain't pickin' on ya (and frankly I was guilty of doing the same thing a couple of times back when I first started here)... but I hope you'll find what I'm saying helpful and useful in the future (and I hope these comments don't take the wind outta your sails!)
;)

Very glad you like your new hat from Todd's, though... And really looking forward to seeing you post your pictures!
All the Best,
Mitch
:TOH:
darkhelmet
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by darkhelmet »

I understand Mitch.

Maybe we can get the mods to merge all of these Todd's Raider threads and make them the "Official Todd's Raider Thread".
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

We're already 'working' on it, as you're right, there are WAY too many separate camps posting where it could all be under one roof.

Stay tuned.

Regards! Michaelson