Sell here, Ebay, or send back?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Solo4114
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Sell here, Ebay, or send back?

Post by Solo4114 »

So, a while back, I picked up a G&B Expedition in goatskin. 40R. It fits pretty nicely, but I decided I want one that's custom tailored to my specs. I'd also kinda like it in time for Halloween. So, now I have a dilemma. G&B says that they can't guarantee they'll restock the thing, but they can probably get me a new jacket pretty quickly (IE: before Halloween) if I get the order in ASAP.

In the experience of folks here, does G&B generally take back a jacket if it's still in virtually pristine condition? I think I wore it maybe for one night, but that's about it. Otherwise, it's been sitting in my closet for the last, oh, six months or so.

Or do you figure I can unload it here or on Ebay pretty quickly? I'd be looking to offset the cost of the jacket, so I'd be charging the same price they charged me (plus shipping, although I'd cover shipping to whoever). I don't really know the market for these things.
Solo4114
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Sell here, Ebay, or send back?

Post by Solo4114 »

The specs are kind of important to me, particularly the waist to shoulder ratio. For my frame, I have broad shoulders and a narrow waist, so a normal 40R looks boxy on me.

I could always knock off $100 or so from the price. I don't mind eating that under the circumstances. But I guess I'll see if G&B will take it back.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I agree with Tundra.

Considering the time that has passed, it's considered a 'used' jacket rather than a new one that can be restocked for re-sale by G&B.

I, too, recommend trying to make a quick sale and move on to another if you're not happy with the cut now.

Regards! Michaelson
Solo4114
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Solo4114 »

Okey dokey. Well, they said they'd take a look, so I figure as long as they'll at least consider it, it's worth a shot. If they can get me the old one back in time, I can still sell it before Halloween at a little bit of a discount, I suppose.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Good luck! Keeping my fingers crossed for you! :TOH:

HIGH regards! Michaelson
Andymac84
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Andymac84 »

That's very kind from the company. If that's a dead end, try the bazaar before ebay. :tup:
Stay in the fam ;)
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Agreed 100%. It's even requested in the classified rules section. Try to keep 'em in the family before going outside. It would be very much appreciated by your community! :TOH:

Regards! Michaelson
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Forrest For the Trees »

So, did G&B take back the jacket?