First time with the new Indy shirt - on an adventure

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Mark Brody
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

First time with the new Indy shirt - on an adventure

Post by Mark Brody »

I got Todd's shirt when he first started selling them a few years ago, but alas, I am too tall. I've been wearing it anyway with the sleeves rolled up, but wanted one that fit properly without paying a small fortune for a custom shirt. Last time I looked at WPG, they didn't offer longs. I'm not sure when that changed, but I'm glad it did.

The material is great. It's really comfortable, and it was the perfect lightweight shirt for this hike. It still feels a little large in the body. I liked the slimmer cut of Todd's shirt, but I guess I can always get the WPG shirt taken in (or even just do it myself).

Anywhose, I took it with me on a Monastery hike in Greece. I don't think anyone else in the group recognized it as THE Indiana Jones shirt, but with the straw fedora and the boots I wore (they especially stood out since I was wearing shorts), I got ribbed a lot for dressing like Indiana Jones. Anyway...

Indyzane
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: First time with the new Indy shirt - on an adventure

Post by Indyzane »

Nice I'm glad you found a shirt that fits! I'm 6'3 so I know how you feel about buying longs all the time it gets difficult sometimes finding that perfect fit.
Bartram
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Bartram »

I get ribbed for dressing like Indiana Jones when I've got a suit and a grey fedora on.
It's the hat - it's always the hat - even when it should be the shirt.

I want to say, "you want to see 'dressing like Indiana Jones' I'll show you 'dressing like Indiana Jones!" But then I remember that I have to maintain my dignity;)

Great pic!
B
Canasta
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Canasta »

HEY BRODY,
Where at in Greece? I just got back from there recently.
Time in Athens and Hydra. Lots of Monasteries on Hydra.

C
Mark Brody
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Mark Brody »

I'm on Crete. I'd love to see Athens, and I know it's not far, but I don't think I'll get the chance to sail up there.
starks_6
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by starks_6 »

Bartram wrote:I get ribbed for dressing like Indiana Jones when I've got a suit and a grey fedora on.
It's the hat - it's always the hat - even when it should be the shirt.

I want to say, "you want to see 'dressing like Indiana Jones' I'll show you 'dressing like Indiana Jones!" But then I remember that I have to maintain my dignity;)

Great pic!
B
This is so spot on the money! We were out last week, I was in Jeans and a T-shirt with my AB deluxe on and someone made the comment.
If people don't just think it's a 'cowboy hat', Its Indiana Jones!
I must say, I take it as a compliment to the craftsman ship of the vendors we have though, that people instantly recognize what the items are. And at the end of the day, we all pay quite a reasonable amount of money to look the part.... and cant say "that's not the look I was going for" lol.

Hey Brody, you gonna throw up some more pics? Seeming as your seeing some interesting places and all!
Indiana Joyce
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Joyce »

On a quest for the Oracle at Delphi, eh? ;)

I have the same problem. I like my sleeves a little long, and I would love it if there was an Indy shirt with slimmer sleeves and a slightly trimmer body cut even tho I am plus sized myself. The field shirt just needs a trim cut.