Showing off my Todd's boots again

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Indiana Joyce
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Showing off my Todd's boots again

Post by Indiana Joyce »

I've had these for a few years now, and because I never get to gear up anymore, I'm trying to make an effort to wear a few things. Because these shoes are so comfortable I decided to wear them to work for a while(trying to decide if I need another pair.

I dyed them last year, and just this week polished them with brown shoe polish then wiped them down with the leather car seat wipes. I changed the laces for Alden laces last year.

The heel on the left boot has seperated a bit but I haven't decided what I'm going to do about that.

But yeah, here are some things you can do to Todd's boots if one were so inclined.
darkhelmet
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: Showing off my Todd's boots again

Post by darkhelmet »

Those are nice. Love that color!! What color dye did you use and what was your process?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Indiana Joyce wrote:The heel on the left boot has seperated a bit but I haven't decided what I'm going to do about that.
Surely there's a shoe repair shop in your neck of the woods? Do a google search, find one, and just take it to them and get it fixed. It's an easy repair for a competent cobbler, and quite inexpensive.

Regards! Michaelson
Indiana Joyce
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Joyce »

I used a deglazer with daubers and Fiebings dark brown leather dye. Deglaze it then apply the dye in little circles. Around the toe and eyelets use a q tip. Then seal with a matte finish sealant. It is tricky and I didn't do the best job but not too terrible. Let them sit for a few days then I say use brown shoe polish. It darkens them a little bit more.

I'm sure I could find a cobbler but I may be able to live with them like this. I looked at his sizing chart and I may be able to fit into a 12 so I may dye those too.
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by maboot38 »

Contact J Arthur Poitras on Chelmsford Street in Lowell. He should be able to fix your problem in a minute.
Soup
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Soup »

Those look good, but like they said, go have them repaired, a nice Vibram heel will do wonders, and very inexpensive.

Regards,

Soup
afterthedog
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by afterthedog »

Michaelson wrote:
Indiana Joyce wrote:The heel on the left boot has seperated a bit but I haven't decided what I'm going to do about that.
Surely there's a shoe repair shop in your neck of the woods? Do a google search, find one, and just take it to them and get it fixed. It's an easy repair for a competent cobbler, and quite inexpensive.

Regards! Michaelson
If it's just the heel separating from the sole, I found that Shoe Goo was a perfect fix. If the upper is separating from the sole, Michaelson is right. Mine came apart after some (admittedly stupid) abuse on my part, but a local cobbler was able to fix it for eight bucks!
IndyRiv
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndyRiv »

Thanks for the pics! I really love the color of those.

I've had my Todd's now for well over a year and they're holding up superbly. I, as well, thought I'd be on my 2nd pair already but they're still sitting on my closet shelf. I wanted to "naturally" rough them up so they've been put through the paces in more ways than I can mention and they're absolutely my favorite pair of work boots - yes, WORK boots! That's how durable these boots are - now THAT'S quality in a very reasonably priced boot that can only come from Todd :clap: