No more COW discounts at Wings

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

No more COW discounts at Wings

Post by Michaelson »

Email just received:
COW Discounts…

Due to the new cost of doing business and the price of Leather... Cotton... Silk and Zippers US Wings will no longer offer any price discounts to COW member… (As of Feb. 1, 2011)….Bob Kruty Our VP of US Military Sales will be in charge of any and all future Wholesale pricing. For any special pricing there will be a Min. of 6 of each item.

Regards,

Sarge
Rick Deckard
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: No more COW discounts at Wings

Post by Rick Deckard »

So does the discount end on 02/01, or is it over effective immediately? Reads like it's 02/01, but I just wanted to check.

Regards,

Rick
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I read it as 2/1 as well, but Sgt. will have to clarify that if it's different.

You see what I see, and know what I know about this.

That was the whole message, and 'as found' in my email this morning. :TOH:

Regards! Michaelson
Charlie
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Charlie »

If it does end on the 1st, could anyone kindly clarify what the current discount is? I forget off the top of my head, but I might have to get an order in ASAP if that's the case...

Thanks,
Charlie
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

My suggestion would be to call Wings and ask what jackets this discount applies to at this time.

Regards! Michaelson
singsingjohnny
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by singsingjohnny »

Wow, I emailed Sgt Hack and told him I'd be ordering the CE Signature Series in the next few days. I've been so excited to order, I thought, "Heck with it!" and decided to just order today when I got back from lunch and the price went up $100. Oh well, money saved I guess, pretty disappointing though...

:(
Solo4114
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Solo4114 »

Economic realities, I guess. Unfortunate for the buyers in the short run, but I suppose that having a well-functioning, solvent Wings rather than get the discounts in the short run and have the business have to cut corners on quality or go under altogether.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

I doubt they'd go under. They do a ton more business than just selling to us! ;)
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Yep, we're barely visible on the account spread sheets. :lol:
Digger4Glory
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Digger4Glory »

It was a wonderful ride they gave us!!! A huge hassle at times I would imagine as well around the holidays especially. Many thanks to them for giving us such big discounts!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Well, as a comparison, when the discount goes away it puts the Wings Legend series of Schott made jackets in the same price range as the G&B Expedition, and G&B warranty their jacket's zips, snaps and seams for the life of the garment to the original purchaser.

Current prices on the G&B Expedition today is $488 and $528 OTR*.

The Legend Striated and Bison are $495, also OTR*.

The Wings imports are still a great deal, but now equal in price with Todd's costumes OTR* offerings.

I'm afraid a great era of jacket bargains for the Indy fan is going away for this community with this announcement. :cry:

Who said progress was always good? :?

Regards! Michaelson

*Off The Rack
Tibor
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Tibor »

They still have the signature series goatskin for 195.00 (brown - a bit more in black). That's awfully good.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Yep. They are phasing out the goatskin Indy completely, so that's a great price.

Regards! Michaelson
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by RaidersBash »

Michaelson wrote:Well, as a comparison, when the discount goes away it puts the Wings Legend series of Schott made jackets in the same price range as the G&B Expedition, and G&B warranty their jacket's zips, snaps and seams for the life of the garment to the original purchaser.

Current prices on the G&B Expedition today is $488 and $528 OTR*.

The Legend Striated and Bison are $495, also OTR*.

The Wings imports are still a great deal, but now equal in price with Todd's costumes OTR* offerings.

I'm afraid a great era of jacket bargains for the Indy fan is going away for this community with this announcement. :cry:

Who said progress was always good? :?

Regards! Michaelson

*Off The Rack
I believe Todd's Costumes OTR's are still $149.00 and have free shipping if purchased through his Ebay store. So still one great bargain out there.
justanuthercap
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by justanuthercap »

Wow! Glad I made it just under the wire... got my imported cowhide last week! One heck of a deal on that one.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Wested OTR's a great bargain as well. Didn't mean to leave them out of the list above..... #-o

Regards! Michaelson