Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Show us your US Wings New Zealand lamb jackets

Post by scot2525 »

Let's see those jackets guys and gals.
My jacket will be here Tuesday. Sarge took the time out of his busy day to call and inform me my jacket had shipped and once again thank me for the use of my pictures on Wing's website. We had a nice chat for several minutes and when he learned I was only a 5 hour drive from his store in Hudson, he urged me to come up for a visit.
He reiterated how lightweight this jacket is, a MED weighs in at 2.25 lbs. He also stated the leather on these jackets is ten times better than those of the sample jacket seen here. Sarge is such a geniunely nice guy and cares about his customers.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=46937

So if anyone was lucky enough to recieve a jacket today, they started shipping yesterday, let's get some pictures up. Pictures of mine will be up Tuesday once I have the jacket on my back.
Indydawg

Re: Show us your US Wings New Zealand lamb jackets

Post by Indydawg »

I'll be able to next week!!!!
sharkboy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by sharkboy »

can't wait to get mine. I'll post for sure although I won't be able to get mine until the end of next week. :twisted:
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

I got the same call today. I was really suprised to get a personal call from him. He told me not to let my friends try it on or I'll have a hard time getting it back! He's a super guy and and a pleasure to talk to. I'll post pics as soon as I get it.

Weston
ProfessorHenryWJonesJr
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Just shaking my head and laughing at the stupidity.

Post by ProfessorHenryWJonesJr »

Besides those fortunate people to have received telephone calls concerning the shipment of their US Wings New Zealand lamb jackets, did anyone happen to receive an email stating shipping confirmation and information? :-k
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

I just got the "UPS Quantum View" email! \:D/
ROB98374
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by ROB98374 »

I received my UPS notice today, it is scheduled for the 9th! :cry: I can't wait.
It took me so long to decide which of the two new jackets to buy, that I missed the first shipment of hero jackets.
And after all that, I decided to get both!
I'm glad I did, all the pictures I've seen so far look great! :D
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

[quote="ROB98374"]I received my UPS notice today, it is scheduled for the 9th! :cry: I can't wait.
It took me so long to decide which of the two new jackets to buy, that I missed the first shipment of hero jackets.
And after all that, I decided to get both!
I'm glad I did, all the pictures I've seen so far look great! :D[/quote
I don't know how to tell you just how much I like this Jacket! Take all the pictures you have seen of the Sample and disregard them!! Yesterday I told Glenn our web master I was sending the Indy Hero Lightweight over night via UPS for early Morning Saturday!! He will have the Pictures up later on today.. I went for a walk last night wearing My Lightweight Indy Hero and felt like I was wearing a very high end long sleeve shirt.. BTW the temp was 71 and I felt and looked good... This Morning I called my Factory and told them to start hand ageing 1,000 Indy Hero Lightweight New Zealand Lamb Jackets... Longs.. Buttons and no Buttons.... When you receive Yours you will understand why I am so excited.
WOW!!

Sarge
PS Weston I doubt Your Wife will let you leave the house wearing it.
Tollan
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Tollan »

So these ones will be available in Long? I might be tempted... USW jackets have always been too short in the sleeve for me and I've owned 2. This is good news... and a very good price!!
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Tollan wrote:So these ones will be available in Long? I might be tempted... USW jackets have always been too short in the sleeve for me and I've owned 2. This is good news... and a very good price!!
Yes we are now making Longs and our offer is the same price.. $ 195.00
I just got off the Phone with our web master and He said that the new pictures won't be up until tomorrow... His reason for not putting them up today was He just had to show his Friends first.. " Has never seen anything like it before Way under priced " He also said the Jacket you can dress up in and or dress down.
Sarge
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

He said the same thing to me!!! I get more antsy with every passing minute-and if these fabulous cooler temps will hold out a week or so, maybe I'll even be able to get in some wear time!!!

PS-I also heard a rumor that HF would be sportin' one of these bad boys in a short while!!!! How cool!!!
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

I wonder how this leather compares to other "thin" lamb jackets like Todd's or a Wested?
ProfessorHenryWJonesJr
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Here are a couple of new pictures of the US Wings Lightweight New Zealand Antique Lambskin Indy-Style Hero Jacket from the U.S Wings website.

Man, this jacket looks GREAT.

But, after reading the description of the jacket on the U.S. Wings website, and noticing it is a FULL CUT, luckily there was slight delay in my jacket being shipped so, hopefully, I can contact U.S. Wings and Sgt. Hack before it ships out to go a size smaller.
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by RaidersBash »

THAT JACKET IS GOOOOORGEOUS!!!!

Oh, the dilema. Do I change my antique cow order for the antique lamb....

Anyone know which one makes a better Raiders look...?

I ordered my COW without snaps...but man, that LAMB looks soooooo AWEEEEESOME!

Darn it Sarge....I don't make that kind of money (LOL) :TOH:
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

=P~
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Just beautiful!
=P~

MORE please!
I can't wait to see more pictures of this jacket!

(Holt, you ARE going to get your camera fixed, aren't you?)
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

yes, Ill take it with me tomorrow and have it fixed. ;)
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

ProfessorHenryWJonesJr wrote:Here are a couple of new pictures of the US Wings Lightweight New Zealand Antique Lambskin Indy-Style Hero Jacket from the U.S Wings website.

Man, this jacket looks GREAT.

But, after reading the description of the jacket on the U.S. Wings website, and noticing it is a FULL CUT, luckily there was slight delay in my jacket being shipped so, hopefully, I can contact U.S. Wings and Sgt. Hack before it ships out to go a size smaller.
WOW.. Glenn our web master out did His self.. What a happy 4th it made me! Yes These are a full cut for many reasons.. The pattern is the same as our Indy Hero Naked Cow but i gave just a little extra room for movement.. As you can see the leather has all the true colors of a very high end leather jacket and no two jackets are the same.. they are all hand made like our Indy Hero Cow but this jacket is a true year around jacket that can be worn with or without a tie.. Fans I fully understand how tight money is and if You can not afford to pay for this jacket all at one time.. No problem!! just give me your word and pay half now and pay the other half in 30 days.. Very simple! Fan to Fan. My e-mail is info@uswings.com
BTW I will ship your Jacket now.
Sarge
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Fan to Fan.
:clap:
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

I'm really loving the color of that jacket. :clap:
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

Those new pics really show it off. Much, much better. Wow, that leather is beautiful! As to the full cut, the antique cowhide is also labled as full cut, so I would think they would fit the same, wouldn't they?

Weston
ProfessorHenryWJonesJr
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

A couple of more pictures of the U.S. Wings Lightweight New Zealand Antique Lambskin Indy-Style Hero Jacket from the U.S. Wings website.

On this jacket, it appears that different types of snaps have been used on the storm flap as compared to Antique Cowhide version.

As COW member "Weston" mentioned the Antique Cowhide jacket on U.S. Wings website lists that jacket has a full cut fit but, please correct me if I am wrong, I could have sworn that it was previously stated in the description as a normal fit. :-k

Sgt. Hack and Myke will be able to clarify this.
sharkboy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by sharkboy »

I love the way the leather looks like it has almost been painted with washes of color. I'm starting to get a sense of what this leather will be like, very malleable and will wrinkle up very quickly. especially on the sleeves.
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

RaidersBash wrote: Oh, the dilema. Do I change my antique cow order for the antique lamb....
That is a dilema! I don't know what you have decided, but Wings is coming out with so many great jackets this year, the next one is always going to be a temptation. I've been very lucky, I didn't expect to get a new jacket this year, and I sure as heck didn't expect to get two! The antique cowhide is amazing, it's just an incredible hide you've got to hold in your hands to believe. You can't go wrong either way Raiderbash. I would recommend staying with your original order, and take Sarge up on his generous payment offer. Wings standard offerings are going for more than twice as much, so it makes a whole lot of sense to me.

Weston
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

All I can say is Tuesday can't get here soon enough!! I also have a feeling I will be ordering one of these without snaps when they become available. :o \:D/ :tup:

I am sure this will get "Another #### jacket, when do I get one ?" from my wife. Yes she wants an Indy jacket for herself.
Indyzane
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indyzane »

Hey Dawg or to whom might know... Is SARGE thinking of doing the Lamb in longs? If so count me in!
Kentucky Blues
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kentucky Blues »

Indyzane wrote:Hey Dawg or to whom might know... Is SARGE thinking of doing the Lamb in longs? If so count me in!
I haven't read this whole thread... but on the website, longs are listed :)

-KB :)
ProfessorHenryWJonesJr
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Sgt. wrote:
Tollan wrote:So these ones will be available in Long? I might be tempted... USW jackets have always been too short in the sleeve for me and I've owned 2. This is good news... and a very good price!!
Yes we are now making Longs and our offer is the same price.. $ 195.00I just got off the Phone with our web master and He said that the new pictures won't be up until tomorrow... His reason for not putting them up today was He just had to show his Friends first.. " Has never seen anything like it before Way under priced " He also said the Jacket you can dress up in and or dress down.
Sarge
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Forrest For the Trees »

ProfessorHenryWJonesJr wrote:A couple of more pictures of the U.S. Wings Lightweight New Zealand Antique Lambskin Indy-Style Hero Jacket from the U.S. Wings website.

On this jacket, it appears that different types of snaps have been used on the storm flap as compared to Antique Cowhide version.

As COW member "Weston" mentioned the Antique Cowhide jacket on U.S. Wings website lists that jacket has a full cut fit but, please correct me if I am wrong, I could have sworn that it was previously stated in the description as a normal fit. :-k

It just looks like Sarge has re-classified the fit of the jackets (both the cowhide and lambskin) to full cut, based on the experiences of those of us who have ordered and worn the new cowhide jackets. It appears that both jackets are the same pattern.

I will most likely be re-ordering the cowhide in a small, and sell my current medium to a lucky COWer. I was on the fence about exchanging, but now I am feeling like the chest is just too large for me. That lambskin looks awesome, but I'll be sticking with the cowhide. I have my lambskin Wested, which I love wearing and was my first Indy jacket.

-Forrest
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

ProfessorHenryWJonesJr wrote:A couple of more pictures of the U.S. Wings Lightweight New Zealand Antique Lambskin Indy-Style Hero Jacket from the U.S. Wings website.

Yes what we did was change the wording because some people did not understand what we were saying..The pattern and cut is the same.. Our Indy Hero just has a little extra room .. I am 195 Lbs and I take a size large in both Cow and Lamb Myke is 160 Lbs and He takes a size Small.. We just feel if we changed the wording to full cut you would be able to understand better... If you wish we can have our web master change it back!!
Sarge
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

sharkboy wrote:I love the way the leather looks like it has almost been painted with washes of color. I'm starting to get a sense of what this leather will be like, very malleable and will wrinkle up very quickly. especially on the sleeves.
Oh this leather will blow your mind.. It will age the same day you wear it.. Don't be taken away if people come up to you and ask if they can touch it!! No joke.
Jeff Robin just called me at Home and said He must be the first in Hollywood to have one... He will be!!
Sarge
ProfessorHenryWJonesJr
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Sarge, nothing is needed to be changed with the description of the fit. After clarifying it with you, COW member "Forrest For the Trees" verified what you stated. And your sizing guide explains it all.

And, Sarge, I am no position whatsoever to inform you what to do with your products, your website, and your company. And as far as I am concerned......YOU ARE THE MAN. :TOH: :notworthy: :tup:

Man, oh, man, I CANNOT wait for this jacket. Have my Antique Cowhide, soon my Lightweight Antique New Zealand Lamb, and, in all likelihood, #-o a Striated Lamb and Calfskin Indy Style Hero Jackets.
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

ProfessorHenryWJonesJr wrote:Sarge, nothing is needed to be changed with the description of the fit. After clarifying it with you, COW member "Forrest For the Trees" verified what you stated. And your sizing guide explains it all.

And, Sarge, I am no position whatsoever to inform you what to do with your products, your website, and your company. And as far as I am concerned......YOU ARE THE MAN. :TOH: :notworthy: :tup:

Man, oh, man, I CANNOT wait for this jacket. Have my Antique Cowhide, soon my Lightweight Antique New Zealand Lamb, and, in all likelihood, #-o a Striated Lamb and Calfskin Indy Style Hero Jackets.
Thank you.. one good thing.. if you don't like the size just give us a call and we will exchange it at no charge.. what more can you ask for!!
Yes the Calf and Striated Lamb is next!!
Sarge
sharkboy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by sharkboy »

did somebody say Striated lamb? OH man, time to save up.
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

That's good news Sarge! If it's the same fit, cut, and size as the last one, it will be perfect!

Weston
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by RaidersBash »

Weston wrote:
RaidersBash wrote: Oh, the dilema. Do I change my antique cow order for the antique lamb....
That is a dilema! I don't know what you have decided, but Wings is coming out with so many great jackets this year, the next one is always going to be a temptation. I've been very lucky, I didn't expect to get a new jacket this year, and I sure as heck didn't expect to get two! The antique cowhide is amazing, it's just an incredible hide you've got to hold in your hands to believe. You can't go wrong either way Raiderbash. I would recommend staying with your original order, and take Sarge up on his generous payment offer. Wings standard offerings are going for more than twice as much, so it makes a whole lot of sense to me.

Weston
Roger THAT!!!

Sarge...I'm sure I will be taking you up on that offer very soon in the future. Will it be possible to order the lamb w/o snaps as well?

(Gonna have to start racking up the overtime hours at work) :TOH:
Kentucky Blues
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kentucky Blues »

I know this thread is supposed to be about the showing off of the New Zealand lamb jackets (which I don't have on order...) But in regards to the striated lamb and the calf jackets coming up...what are the chances of getting an extra small? I'm a pretty slim fellow... [-o<

Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

Sgt. wrote: Yes what we did was change the wording because some people did not understand what we were saying..The pattern and cut is the same.. Our Indy Hero just has a little extra room .. I am 195 Lbs and I take a size large in both Cow and Lamb Myke is 160 Lbs and He takes a size Small.. We just feel if we changed the wording to full cut you would be able to understand better... If you wish we can have our web master change it back!!
Sarge
Based on my own experience (with a XXL), I find the new cowhide Hero jacket to fit more snug (in a good way) than the other Indy styles you offer. So, I think that the "Full Cut" description is a little misleading. But that is just my own opinion.
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Kentucky Blues wrote:I know this thread is supposed to be about the showing off of the New Zealand lamb jackets (which I don't have on order...) But in regards to the striated lamb and the calf jackets coming up...what are the chances of getting an extra small? I'm a pretty slim fellow... [-o<

Very good!! I will make some.
Sarge
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

Sgt. wrote:
Kentucky Blues wrote:I know this thread is supposed to be about the showing off of the New Zealand lamb jackets (which I don't have on order...) But in regards to the striated lamb and the calf jackets coming up...what are the chances of getting an extra small? I'm a pretty slim fellow... [-o<

Sarge
And I was just about to tell him he needed to develop an overpowering addiction to KFC! Then Sarge swoops in with a better solution. Go figure! :lol:

Looks like you're in good hands Kentucky!

Weston
Last edited by Weston on Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kentucky Blues
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kentucky Blues »

Weston wrote:
Sgt. wrote:

Sarge
And I was just about to tell him he needed to develop an overpowering addiction to KFC! Then Sarge swoops in with a better solution. Go figure! :lol:

Looks like you're in good hands Kenrucky!

Weston
Awesome! And to be honest, one can only take so much KFC before . . . :-0

-KB :lol:
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Kentucky Blues wrote:
Weston wrote:
Sgt. wrote:

Sarge

Looks like you're in good hands Kenrucky!

Weston
Awesome! And to be honest, one can only take so much KFC before . . . :-0

-KB :lol:
I have a question.. What is your height and weight ? I will make a few XS Indy Hero Cow and Indy Hero Lamb!!

Sarge
Kentucky Blues
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kentucky Blues »

I'm 5'11 (would be taller, but darn that scoliosis!) and.. uh... about 115 lbs... :oops: Trust me, I'm actually pretty healthy.. I'm just very Barney Fife-ish. You know, wiry... and I gotta nip things in the bud!

Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Kentucky Blues wrote:I'm 5'11 (would be taller, but darn that scoliosis!) and.. uh... about 115 lbs... :oops: Trust me, I'm actually pretty healthy.. I'm just very Barney Fife-ish. You know, wiry... and I gotta nip things in the bud!

Done! Call me in 21 days! I will make the Hero Cow and some out of our Lightweight Lamb.. Do you want yours with or without snaps ?
Sarge
Kentucky Blues
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kentucky Blues »

Uh... well, I don't exactly have the money right now, it's something I'll have to save up for, and I was thinking more along the lines of the striated lamb or calf come fall, to be honest. I'd say I want snaps... but please, unless there are others interested in the XS, don't make any on the current hero cow or NZ lamb just on account of me. I don't know if I'll be buying one of the current offerings, and I'd hate you to waste your resources.

-KB
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Kentucky Blues wrote:Uh... well, I don't exactly have the money right now, it's something I'll have to save up for, and I was thinking more along the lines of the striated lamb or calf come fall, to be honest. I'd say I want snaps... but please, unless there are others interested in the XS, don't make any on the current hero cow or NZ lamb just on account of me. I don't know if I'll be buying one of the current offerings, and I'd hate you to waste your resources.

-KB
I understand.. How about getting with Indiana Holt next month and he will know when they will be out! No problem we will make them in XS.
Sarge
Kentucky Blues
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kentucky Blues »

Sounds good! Thanks for the consideration, Sarge!

-KB :D
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Sgt. wrote:Yes the Calf and Striated Lamb is next!!
Sarge
"Calf"? :shock: :clap:
Regards! Michaelson
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Michaelson wrote:
Sgt. wrote:Yes the Calf and Striated Lamb is next!!
Sarge
"Calf"? :shock: :clap:
Regards! Michaelson
You see what Happens when you leave town...Yes Calf and Striated Lamb!!
I will bring you up to date tomorrow!!
Sarge
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Yep, literally walked in the door no more than 15 minutes ago, trying to catch up, and look what I've already missed in 3 days! #-o :lol: ;)

Regards! Michaelson