hat compliment at yard sale.

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

jedichase
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

hat compliment at yard sale.

Post by jedichase »

Hey everybody,

Recently my dad and I went yard sale searching and before we left I grabbed my crushable Indy felt hat ( I really need a new one). Anyway we left and I had my hat on and we were cruising around and found this big home made sign that said 'Barn sale here' so we turned into the driveway and there was a big barn in the back with a ton of tools and junk lieing around. As we are looking we found the owner who was a very unique character. This guy looked like he could take down a bear. Bushy beard, camo all over, knee high moccasins, and a hat that had an alligator teeth hat band. He looked like he came from 'crocodile dundee'. We were talking and he mentioned my hat and just kept repeating 'I love that brim.' I told him that it wasn't the highest of quality but you could tell he enjoyed my hat. We got some junk and moved on to other places but i'll never forget that guy.

Keep on crackin
:whip:
Chase the whip ace
P.s. share some of your hat compliments.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: hat compliment at yard sale.

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

Those crushables might not be top rung in terms of quality, but they can be very nice looking. I rather like one of the current versions, myself. Great brim swoop!

I've gotten many compliments on my hats over the years. The most recent was a DJ/MC a bumped into in Burlington Coat Factory. We were both tie shopping, and he commented on it. When I told him what it was (I was wearing my AB) he admitted that he suspected an Indy connection. He ended up telling me about the various hats and outfits he uses as a DJ/MC, and that he was thinking of getting into hat wearing off the job, as well. We also commiserated on the woes of finding nice clothes for portly guys these days.