My new Indy gloves!

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

jasonalun
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

My new Indy gloves!

Post by jasonalun »

Hey guys, I was in Meijer the other day and saw they had some Wells Lamont gloves, nice, thick leather, and to me, pretty close to Indy's gloves, for only $9! I thought that was a steal, so I grabbed 'em. They are pretty stiff but I've worn them some today for some work and they are loosening and dirtying up some and are looking more Indy-ish. Looking forward to breaking them in more. Even though they have no real winter lining, I think they will keep my hands warm enough this winter, at least when it's not below freezing. :lol:

Imahomer
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: My new Indy gloves!

Post by Imahomer »

Huh.... I've never seen them in white, only that yellowish color. Still that price was right, so nice pick-up.

Mike
Risu
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Risu »

They should be white. The originals were. You just have to get them really dirty now.
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

I was going to say, my original Todd's gloves had a yellowish color, which I got about a year ago. But the ones I just got today are almost white. I didn't realize they should be white.
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

Risu wrote:They should be white. The originals were. You just have to get them really dirty now.
What brand and model # were the originals? I'm reading both midwest and wells lamont as the original supplier.
Wade Egan
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Wade Egan »

Wells Lamont #1133 gun cut in calfskin white, no palm patch.

They are getting harder and harder to find without the palm patch these days. Also the fit of the new version 1133 is cut with a 'blockier' finger than these below. I purchased a large amount of the gun cut drivers without the patch from WL in sizes Med -XL.

W.E.