My TN Raiders Jacket #148 UPDATE: The Jacket Returns

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

TheExit148
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

My TN Raiders Jacket #148 UPDATE: The Jacket Returns

Post by TheExit148 »

GULP... :anxious: So I did it... I ordered at TN Shrunken Lamb Raiders jacket. After much much debate, and several readings here, I had to do it. Spoke with Tony today (great guy to talk with) and did the deed. Should be about two weeks until I receive it, and I'll be posting pictures.
Last edited by TheExit148 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
nephilo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: Bit the bullet... ordered a TN Raiders Jacket #148

Post by nephilo »

:tup: Dealing with Tony is always a good choice!!! ;)
I`m waiting for a Raiders Shrunken Lamb, my 3rd Nowak, too!

I ordered it at the 21th of September.

Let`s wait together! =P~
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

I know which Shrunken lamb Nephilo ordered, which did you order Exit148?
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

Congrats! I've been loving mine for almost 8 moths now. It's the "signature" Nowak jacket in my opinion. The looks aren't for everybody but it's "unique-ness" is what makes it so special. This jacket comes closest in my opinion to duplicating the screen-seen Raiders jacket better than anything else out there.
TheExit148
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by TheExit148 »

I went with the smoother option shrunken lamb. I think that its the best for a Raiders jacket IMO. Can't wait!
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

It's about what you want Exit.
Dragonlady Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Dragonlady Jones »

Dude, I'm excited for you...and I want one. We'll expect pics asap, thank you. :TOH:
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

Hope your wait isn't too long until you get it. It's really a special jacket. Tony called me today and said that my Raiders 747 will be shipped out tomorrow so we'll wait together for a while. ;)

And I've decided that I really need to get one of his striated shrunken lambs in the future.
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

crismans wrote:............

And I've decided that I really need to get one of his striated shrunken lambs in the future.
:lol: Yes you do because availability of it is limited
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

RCSignals wrote:

Dang! :cry:
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

gwyddion wrote:
RCSignals wrote:

Dang! :cry:
The striated that is. I suppose if he gets enough interest he would source more, but it took a long while to get the right stuff.

You should see the 'Enhanced Striated shrunken lamb" It was a very special order/process for NB.
TheExit148
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by TheExit148 »

Guys, I can't wait to get it. :D I think Tony is going to make the perfect jacket, and plus all you guys have multiples so clearly he is doing something more then right. Still a little hard to take in the $ amount, but as Tony puts it "Its an event" and it really is. He has very interesting stories to tell, and will do whatever you want to the jacket. Top notch customer service!
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

This is just the "beginning".......you won't achieve Indy Nirvana unless you acquire every Nowak jacket in every possible leather combination like Orb and Han Jones have. :lol:
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Have no fear Exit.

The price seems high, but is right in line with many other jackets. People pay that and more for a reproduction A-2. Some paid more for a CS copy from Belstaff. Once you start looking there are many leather jackets that cost more than what you are paying but still don't have the quality, nor provenance.
Despite what the detractors have said and still say, you are getting a direct duplicate of an actual jacket, that not only looks like the jacket but functions like it. No one else has that.
Also despite what the detractors say, when Tony completes his actual 888, he will not make any more customs. Believe it. :tup:

Don't pay attention to PSB. If Castor, Han and orb had his money they'd burn theirs :H:
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

I agree with RC that once you get it, the price doesn't seem as high. Wait 'till you see and feel some of the materials used: absolutely Quality stuff with a capital Q :D And, allthough I didn't do that, they are extremely customizable: there's practically nothing that Tony wouldn't do if you ask him to.

Enjoy the ride, cause I'm pretty sure you'll love what you'll get at the end of it ;)

Regards, Geert
TheExit148
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by TheExit148 »

Thanks guys for the encouragement with the price (especially with the US exchange to CDN, thats what kills me). My girlfriend isn't too happy at the moment with the price as she thinks another jacket, especially at such a high price is a little crazy but I think once she sees it, she hopefully will appreciate it. I know that the $ is buying top quality, a perfect Raiders replica jacket, and unique jacket not offered elsewhere. I think its just the initial blow, but once it arrives, it will be awesome. Plus Tony is very confident in his work, and stands by it till no end. I think this will be my last Indy related gear purchase though, at least until the new year :Plymouth:
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

My girlfriend isn't too happy at the moment with the price as she thinks another jacket, especially at such a high price is a little crazy but I think once she sees it, she hopefully will appreciate it.
Who cares what she thinks, really? I mean, is it your jacket or is it hers? Just enjoy it when you get it and don't worry about what anyone else thinks.
This is just the "beginning".......you won't achieve Indy Nirvana unless you acquire every Nowak jacket in every possible leather combination like Orb and Han Jones have.
Now THAT made me laugh out loud. Thanks!
TheExit148
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by TheExit148 »

agent5 wrote:Who cares what she thinks, really? I mean, is it your jacket or is it hers? Just enjoy it when you get it and don't worry about what anyone else thinks.
Good point 5. My theory is... its better to ask for forgiveness then permission haha. I do care what she thinks, but if I really did when it came to purchases, I wouldn't have ordered, because this kind of stuff makes ME happy ;) Thats whats important.
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Yeah. I didn't at all mean it like, "Screw her!", just that you should have the attitude you already seem to possess. I'm sure asking her out to a nice dinner while wearing your new jacket will have it's benefits as well. :tup:
TheExit148
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by TheExit148 »

agent5 wrote:Yeah. I didn't at all mean it like, "Screw her!", just that you should have the attitude you already seem to possess. I'm sure asking her out to a nice dinner while wearing your new jacket will have it's benefits as well. :tup:
Don't worry, I didn't take it that way :TOH: . But yes you are correct, a nice dinner is definitely planned, plus I'll have the jacket just in time for our trip to Salem MA, so jacket in hand (or on body) and treat her to some nice things ;) (Which I would regardless)
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Good man. That's how it's done. :tup: In time she'll be begging you to buy another, to fulfill your destiny and take your place at Han and Orb's side.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Speaking of which, '5', have you ever dropped a hammer and ordered one for yourself?

Regards! Michaelson
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

No, but it is my destiny as well. It was shaky at the beginning but now that I see what beautiful stuff is consistantly coming out of Tony's shop I don't see how I can resist for too much longer. Now to get the money...
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

:M: :tup:
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

If things go according to plan, I'll be seeing Tony personally on my way back home on the 18th and dropping my order at that time.

Can't wait!

Looking forward to seeing yours, TE148 as I believe that's the hide I'll be going with as well.
Indyzane
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indyzane »

"Also despite what the detractors say, when Tony completes his actual 888, he will not make any more customs."

Okay so if I understand this correctly Tony is only making 888 then he's done or finished :shock: making jackets for us? Wow I might need to pull the trigger faster than I want. So can someone please fill me in on the details. How many are left? I know I should just call Tony but before I bug him with my petty question I was hoping that someone would have an answer. Thanks for your help!
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaChris711 »

You know what all this interest in Tony Nowaks jackets is really interesting. I have seen some of the jackets that have been coming out of his place and man I want one. =P~ I am in the position of Agent 5, I want one, but money is kind of tight. I guess that is what your mastercard and visa are for. ;) How much is the price for the Raiders jacket right now? Is is still around $800 or $900? I can't remember myself. Anyway, I think I might order a Nowak soon because sooner or later you get on here on COW one day and the numbers will be gone and Tony makes a big announcement that he can no longer make the jacket. I don't know when that day will come, but I at least want one jacket from Tony and definately a Raiders.

IndianaChris
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Exit, if it will help your girlfriend feel better just tell her you will forego Christmas presents from her for the next few years :lol:

IndianaChris, price depends on the leather you choose.

Just do what we all do (except moneybags PSB of course :TOH: ) sell some things etc.

Indyzane, Tony keeps track of every jacket and every number in his book. Only he can answer your question for sure.
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

RCSignals wrote:Exit, if it will help your girlfriend feel better just tell her you will forego Christmas presents from her for the next few years :lol:

Just do what we all do (except moneybags PSB of course :TOH: ) sell some things etc.

Indyzane, Tony keeps track of every jacket and every number in his book. Only he can answer your question for sure.

Hey, why are you pickin on me?! :-s

You've got a problem there, bub? :whip:

(FYI, I only have 2 Nowaks--a CS and a SL......if you want to call someone "moneybags," go ask Orb or Han Jones).
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

PSBIndy wrote:
RCSignals wrote:Exit, if it will help your girlfriend feel better just tell her you will forego Christmas presents from her for the next few years :lol:

Hey, why are you pickin on me?! :-s

You've got a problem there, bub? :whip:

(FYI, I only have 2 Nowaks--a CS and a SL......if you want to call someone "moneybags," go ask Orb or Han Jones).
It's all in fun PSB, like you picking on orb and Han ;) :P

but you already knew that :TOH:
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I don't really think that Tony's going to run out of his 888 any time soon. He hasn't run out of his 777 for his CS jackets yet and those are accurate and exact to what he himself made for the film! (Not to disparage his replica Raiders.)

The main concern with mine was wanting a specific number…which due to a mix up with my "Bizarro Twin", I didn't get for my CS, so I asked Tony to hold my number. In the time since, I've been saving and selling off stuff (mostly Star Wars collectibles, including an IC Yoda which pushed me to the amount needed) to come up with it and the timing is just right that I'll get to order it on the tail end of a vacation and in person. Something I've not been able to do with any other gear item yet, so I'm pretty excited.

So I'd say just save up your duckets and order when the time is ripe.

And if you fear that the end of the run may be coming up, give Tony a call. I'm sure he'd tell you if it was close.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Yeah, Mike, selling the kids was a GREAT idea. Problem is, they'll eventually find their way home! Mine always did. :roll:

Uh, was this mike on? :shock: :[

Regards! Michaelson
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Hmm…seeing as how mom is at this very moment giving my daughter a speech about toys and getting along with others at day care, that may not be such a bad idea.

Though I guess the dog would miss them terribly.

KIDDING!!
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

You can hide in the Plymouth... :Plymouth:

Regards! Michaelson
nephilo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by nephilo »

Oh cool!!! Tony called me 10min ago and he asked if I would have any changes for my Raiders....

So it this means he`s about to do my jacket very soon!!! :D
TheExit148
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by TheExit148 »

Awesome man! I spoke to Tony today about changes to my jacket just so he had them before he would start making it. Love talking to the guy, has great stories about other movies he's worked on. Can't wait to see yours nephilo ;)
nephilo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by nephilo »

:rolling: So our jackets will be out of one family!!! :TOH:
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

Got an email from Tony today that my 747 Raiders will be here tomorrow. Can't wait to get it!
nephilo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by nephilo »

Can`t wait for the pics crismans! =P~

So Tony brings us together into a big indy-jacket-family...! :mrgreen:
TheExit148
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by TheExit148 »

Spoke to Tony yesterday about final sizing, he said the jacket will be made in the next day or so! Can't wait to get it!
nephilo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by nephilo »

=P~
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

TheExit148 wrote:Spoke to Tony yesterday about final sizing, he said the jacket will be made in the next day or so! Can't wait to get it!
This is when the wait almost gets unbearable! :shock:
Hatch
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Hatch »

Exit, every Nowak reminds me of a sign I saw in a custom made clothier years ago......."The quality, fit and style are enjoyed and remembered long after the price is forgotten"........enjoy
Clutters
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Clutters »

I love it that Tony takes your order, gives you a few weeks to settle into your specs then confirms before work commences. This is great customer service.
And I think this shows he really understands how fickle fans can be! I've already got about 4 changes to my order…just waiting for the call.
nephilo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by nephilo »

\:D/ Tony called me last night and he said he will make my jacket today!!! \:D/

And I`m thinking he will make twins for us TheExit148...! ;)
TheExit148
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by TheExit148 »

I think that you are correct sir! Tony told me that I will be getting my Fedex tracking # today \:D/ Can't wait for this jacket, its gonna be awesome!
nephilo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by nephilo »

... :- ... ](*,) ... 8-[] ... :-({|= ...
TheExit148
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by TheExit148 »

Patience is a virtue my friend... that we gearheads don't usually have :lol:
Does anyone know how long it usually takes once Tony ships the jacket to arrive?
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

TheExit148 wrote:Patience is a virtue my friend... that we gearheads don't usually have :lol:
Does anyone know how long it usually takes once Tony ships the jacket to arrive?
overnight
TheExit148
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by TheExit148 »

:shock: AWESOME! :D I hope its overnight to Canada as well :-k but still :D