Hi Power and Holsters

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

Dangerman009
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Hi Power and Holsters

Post by Dangerman009 »

I noticed this a couple years ago and thought I'd share it here. Has anyone ever seen the movie "The Sea Wolves" with Gregory Peck and Roger Moore? It was released in 1980. Here are a few screen shots from the movie you might find interesting.

Notice Gregory Peck's holster here:

Now I know it isn't correct, but it's real close. Maybe Indy's was patterned after this one.

Now, Roger Moore's holster:

Notice the pistol Roger Moore is holding here:

So maybe James Bond did use Indy's gun http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35715.

Last edited by Dangerman009 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Hi Power and Holsters

Post by 191145 »

Peck's holster is a traditional revolver holster and has no connection to the Hi-Power. Moore as the British Officer seems to have a left-handed revolver holster, maybe a canvas one for a Webley? It's much too long for a Hi-Power. Out of uniform, Moore is definitely brandishing a Hi-Power, probably an Inglis, but we don't see what he was carrying it in.
Dangerman009
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Clarification

Post by Dangerman009 »

I apologize for not clarifying. The Hi Power has nothing to do with the holsters they are wearing. Roger Moore's character took it off of a would-be assassin. I'm not sure about Peck, but Moore's weapon of choice was a K-frame S&W in the movie. I just thought there might be an Indy connection. Moore's holster looks like the traditional Webley and Peck's looks more like the inspiration for the Raiders holster.
DetectiveJones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Re: Hi Power and Holsters

Post by DetectiveJones »

Nice research and belt/holster in the pics. I was just discussing the Sam Brown belt strap in the concept holster/Steranko painting thread. The strap was good enough for Concept Indy!
Dangerman009
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

A Definite Indy Connection

Post by Dangerman009 »

I almost forgot, there is a definite Indy connection with "Sea Wolves".

There he is, Col. Deitrich.