Should I buy the most SA Crystal Skull jacket I can get?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Indiana Citroen
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Should I buy the most SA Crystal Skull jacket I can get?

Post by Indiana Citroen »

I have a perfect 80s Raiders Wested in cow

I have a perfect LC/CS in lambskin...which I love.....but

What says I get one perfect Crystal Skull jacket to go with most of my stuf which has more of a CS feel/look?

Its a Tony Right? Well he made it. 8) So, bar my size dimensions... blah blah.....a 36 Wested does a great job :[ , what do I EXACTLY ask for? What type of leather...Novapelle?

Lots of threads here, but no perfect description I can find.

I can handle paying for it, or should I get a Wested in a certain Leather and pattern?
:H:
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: Should I buy the most SA Crystal Skull jacket I can get?

Post by RCSignals »

If you want a TN CS give him a call. Unless you ask for something different it will be in the correct leather.
Just tell him your size/measurements, he'll ask all the questions and get you a correct fit.
Inbanana
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Inbanana »

Back when I ordered my TN CS, it was my understanding that his standard offering was the closest you could get to the jacket Ford wore in the movie. However since then, I think that I've heard that he can make an exact copy of the hero jacket if asked (except in you size/dimensions of course... but I'm not sure, you might want to call him about that). If durability is more important to you than a carbon copy, then his standard should be fine...
indyfan1234
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indyfan1234 »

how much are tonys jacket?
ortiz344
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by ortiz344 »

indyfan1234 wrote:how much are tonys jacket?
last I heard 700 to 1000-...COUGH, ahem
Raider S
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Raider S »

ortiz344 wrote: last I heard 700 to 1000-...COUGH, ahem
What's your point?

CS jackets are just under $700. Raiders in shrunken lamb is just under $1,000 and in other skins $750. For that you get a true custom jacket built to an extremely high standard.

The Nowak I have is without doubt the best fitting item of clothing I've ever owned. Compared to the price of other custom jackets Nowak is right in line with those. And compared to the prices of other (non-jacket) Indy gear people buy, for a leather jacket that might get daily use and last several decades the cost isn't that high when you actually think about it.
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Inbanana wrote:Back when I ordered my TN CS, it was my understanding that his standard offering was the closest you could get to the jacket Ford wore in the movie. However since then, I think that I've heard that he can make an exact copy of the hero jacket if asked (except in you size/dimensions of course... but I'm not sure, you might want to call him about that). If durability is more important to you than a carbon copy, then his standard should be fine...
There is only one jacket. The movie jacket didn't have as much reinforcing in stress areas, that's all. The 'reinforcing' is all hidden.
There is also an option for a heavier/more durable zipper, and a second inner pocket
Indiana Citroen
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

what leather is used? for a nowak sa?
Don't Call Me Junior!
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Don't Call Me Junior! »

CS is cowhide.
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

Indiana Citroen wrote:what leather is used? for a nowak sa?
cowhide
ortiz344
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by ortiz344 »

Raider S wrote:
What's your point?

CS jackets are just under $700. Raiders in shrunken lamb is just under $1,000 and in other skins $750. For that you get a true custom jacket built to an extremely high standard.

The Nowak I have is without doubt the best fitting item of clothing I've ever owned. Compared to the price of other custom jackets Nowak is right in line with those. And compared to the prices of other (non-jacket) Indy gear people buy, for a leather jacket that might get daily use and last several decades the cost isn't that high when you actually think about it.
My point?
(not sure why you want to fight with me over my comment but...)
Its an expensive jacket, some might say absurdly expensive

added:Whats YOUR point?
Are you Tony Nowak? What stake do YOU have in the pricing of his jackets?
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

ortiz344 wrote:
Raider S wrote:
What's your point?

My point?
(not sure why you want to fight with me over my comment but...)
Its an expensive jacket, some might say absurdly expensive

added:Whats YOUR point?
I doubt he's trying to 'fight' with you.

Why is it when someone asks about a TN jacket, someone else always has to make a snide comment about price?
Now go look up the threads about $1000 whips, $400 shirts and and $800 pants and make your comments on COUGH ahem pricing.
ortiz344
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by ortiz344 »

Then im not sure what his comment was looking for. For the record , I'd rip those prices too.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Okay, guys, let's get back on track, please. As Indiana Citroen said in his very first post, "I can handle paying for it." So let's not turn this into another Nowak gripe thread and return to the topic on hand.
Han Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Han Jones »

To get 100% accurate jacket for 700 is a steal. I think the CS jacket is underpriced. If you want a CS jacket why not just go for the real deal. I found that out the hard way. Before Tony came on the scene I bought 2 wested CS jackets before I bought the Nowak. Now I can't give my westeds away and I tried. The person I gave one to gave it back. Get the Nowak and be done with it.
Raider S
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Raider S »

ortiz344 wrote: added:Whats YOUR point?
My point was simply to let people know what they get for the price of a Nowak. As I mentioned, $700 is not out of line when compared to other custom leather jackets.

Yes, at first the price may seem high when compared to other choices, but when you you begin to factor in other things you begin to realize it's not something outrageous. His question was about the best SA and even though I don't have (or want) a CS jacket my choice would be to go to the guy who made them for the movie.
ortiz344
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by ortiz344 »

Han Jones wrote:To get 100% accurate jacket for 700 is a steal. I think the CS jacket is underpriced. If you want a CS jacket why not just go for the real deal. I found that out the hard way. Before Tony came on the scene I bought 2 wested CS jackets before I bought the Nowak. Now I can't give my westeds away and I tried. The person I gave one to gave it back. Get the Nowak and be done with it.
Not to add anymore flame to the fire but im betting the SA nowak indy jacket didnt have custom signature 'sayings' or 'this jacket belongs to..' embroidered inside them like most people have seemed to order but i digress ;)
Han Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Han Jones »

I am sure you could get it without the inscription :roll: :roll: Not that it matters but Arnold had his name in his T3 jackets.
Indiana Citroen
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

What I really wanted here was the perfect description for my order....despite sizing!
Baldwyn
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Baldwyn »

Han Jones wrote:To get 100% accurate jacket for 700 is a steal. I think the CS jacket is underpriced. If you want a CS jacket why not just go for the real deal. I found that out the hard way. Before Tony came on the scene I bought 2 wested CS jackets before I bought the Nowak. Now I can't give my westeds away and I tried. The person I gave one to gave it back. Get the Nowak and be done with it.
We have such a rare opportunity to own the jacket worn by Indiana Jones, in fact, probably the last jacket he wears, made by the same guy, around the same time. This is it, folks, this is the closest we'll get to a prop-accurate jacket!!

As for screen (how it looks on screen) accurate, I'd opt for a darker leather :shock:
Raider S
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Raider S »

Indiana Citroen wrote:What I really wanted here was the perfect description for my order....despite sizing!
Just ask Tony and he will take you through everything and tell you every detail of those film jackets. He'll even do that if you're buying a different jacket! Just ask for as SA as possible with your measurements and I'm sure he'll do just what you need.
indyfan1234
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indyfan1234 »

wish i can afford a nowak i cant even afford a wested right now :cry: ](*,)
Indiana Citroen
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

It isn't a cheap option for me either...just want to have "perfect" gear...within certain boundries....speaking of which.....
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Indiana Citroen wrote:What I really wanted here was the perfect description for my order....despite sizing!
The only 'description' you need is to call and ask for a Crystal Skulls jacket. The rest TN will walk you through. There is only one standard hide, unless you specifically want something else.
There are a few 'options' such as heavy duty zipper and extra inside pocket, and inscription if you want it. None of these options cost extra, except possibly a different hide depending on what it is.