Magnoli Adventure Pants???

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Indy_1971
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Magnoli Adventure Pants???

Post by Indy_1971 »

Just wondering how you sent your measurements in to achieve that Indy baggy look? What works best? It would be great if you could include a picture with the results.
ReturningSon
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by ReturningSon »

Here are some pics

(please fogive the barefeet and black shirt, just got home and I am in my "relax" clothes) :lol:

I love these pants, second only to the Paris Pants in screen authenticity, or from what I have seen anyway.

Note: photos 1,2, 5, 6,7 were all taken with flash
Made in Dark Khaki (I believe that is the most SA color, especially with TOD but for all the films) in Wool Blend.

I gave the pants that baggy look by making the length a little longer by 1.5 inches than what I actually wear so they can fold and crease on the shoe.

I kept the hip measures to my size but expanded the waist size (these pants will fall right off if I start to move) and, presto, baggy pants!

The SA pocket flap, really nice.

My only beef is the fly. I know they are precisely replicated officer pinks with Buttons but I would settle for a zipper because the buttons can become undone more easily and god forbid, I don't want to be an Indy with an open fly! :[

For the price of $109, awesome set of great SA pants however if you are gonna get the real wool for $189 why not spend $50 and get a pair of the most SA pants out there? (yes, with the conversion I did today, Paris Pants are $240)

Sorry, I don't have full gear photos to post yet because I am still waiting on my Curry Fedora and my Indy Shirt.

Pose from the Promo shot of Harrison Cracking the Whip

closeup of fabric, really top notch!!

IS also a great CS pant color too...Image
WinstonWolf359
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by WinstonWolf359 »

I think the best advice I have is to find a pair of pants you already have that you like the fit of, and use those as a starting point. Every time I've ordered custom-fit clothing (Wested jacket, Magnoli shirt and pants) I've based the measurements off of something I owned that fit me well, and I've never been disappointed.

If you are looking for the ultimate in baggy for getting an accurate Crystal Skull fit, I think the key is going for the high waist and long rise.

Best way to get that is to measure your waist at the belly button, and measure both your under crotch (very loosely) and outseam from that high of a point on your body.

I also rounded up to the next inch on most measurements and requested the "loosely fitting" option.
ReturningSon
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by ReturningSon »

yeah, I had a pair of levi's that I used. I like baggy pants anyway!
Bemo
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Bemo »

An additional measurement that really helps with the baggy look is the thigh measurement. Magnoli asks for two measurements, actual thigh diameter and loose. DO measure a favorite pair of pants and DO NOT be afraid to ask Magnoli questions. It will do you no good to have measured a looser waist and crotch measurement but underestimated the thigh measurement (don't ask me how I know : :cry: ).

Peace.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

On the right side of his website, on the right margin, there is a link to his measurement forms. Use that and ask him questions, and all will be well.