Reordering a Wested Custom Indy

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Dr. Jones1936
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Reordering a Wested Custom Indy

Post by Dr. Jones1936 »

I ordered a 46L Indy Standard in Authentic Brown and got it early last week. I was very excited until I opened the bag and saw the color. It was lighter than I remember from my first Wested jacket from '99. Then my fears were fully realized when I tried it on. It was a standard cut, a little roomier than I would like and the famous action pleat "wings" I've heard so much about from other COW members were fully engaged. ](*,)

So, I contacted Peter about my whoes in a long diatribe. He responded to my many questions by only answering about the color. He recommended the washed goat. I've been reading a lot about that here and it looks really good. But, I'm torn because I feel like I should get the original lambskin in a dark brown instead.

Anyway. I found a ton of specs someone put together on how they should construct a custom Indy jacket at Wested. I've tried searching for specs here, but haven't come up with anything. Can someone confirm what I should ask for specifically from Peter when I order my ultimate jacket?

My original jacket was a 44 80s cut. Might have been a long, not sure. But I've gained about 20 lbs since then, so I think I need a 46L now. And the 80s cut should fit the bill as I just need 48 in. of room to move in it.

Thanks for any definitive help you can provide. I'm getting overloaded with info here.
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

There is no ultimate jacket although I would go G&B over Wested.

If Wested, why don't you read posts by Holt and Platon about pocket size which is so often wrong. Many of the other requests are utterly subjective - ultimate jacket according to whom?

You have to choose the specs you like and want, Son. We can't do it for you.

:whip:
Indiana Joosse
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Joosse »

Dr.Jones 1936, just out of curiosity;

how long did it take between the ordering and the final arrival of the jacket?

Thanks.
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Indiana Strones »

Dr. Jones, do you refer to this change in colour?

viewtopic.php?t=34175

Can you post a pic of your new jacket? THanks.
Dr. Jones1936
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Dr. Jones1936 »

Indiana Joosse wrote:Dr.Jones 1936, just out of curiosity;

how long did it take between the ordering and the final arrival of the jacket?

Thanks.

It took about 16 days to get the jacket. I had ordered, basically, a 46L so I wasn't sure what the hold-up was. From what I hear, Peter has quite a variety of OTR jackets these days. I didn't really ask for anything special.
Dr. Jones1936
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Dr. Jones1936 »

Indiana Strones wrote:Dr. Jones, do you refer to this change in colour?

viewtopic.php?t=34175

Can you post a pic of your new jacket? THanks.

The color I had 10 years ago was most likely a dark brown. And I could swear that was what Authentic (Seal) Brown used to be. I no longer have the jacket, I sent it back last Friday in order to exchange for a complete custom job. I've got a complete list for Wested to go by. ;-)
Dr. Jones1936
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Dr. Jones1936 »

Dr. Jones1936 wrote: I no longer have the jacket, I sent it back last Friday in order to exchange for a complete custom job. I've got a complete list for Wested to go by. ;-)
Correction: I no longer have the NEW jacket.......or the old one, for that matter. I'll have to see if I have any photos of it anywhere.
Dr. Jones1936
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Dr. Jones1936 »

Well, I decided to cancel my reorder for now. I can never get anyone from Wested to answer my emails! Obviously, they're too busy for me.
jnicktem
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by jnicktem »

Or, they never got your e-mail (as what the case for a few has been), or they replied and it went in your spam folder (also a case people have had).

Just give them a call, I am sure they will straighten things out for ya.
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

If I was to get a Wested, I'd get it in Raiders style, Authentic Brown, nickel zipper, gussets, x-box stitching, reinforced stitching around the pockets and no leather zip facings.