Article about Me in the star telegram

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

JPdesign
Vendor

Article about Me in the star telegram

Post by JPdesign »

I did an interview in march and they finally ran the story.

I have to say somthing about one of the quotes which was taken out of context. About being the person to come to when other hatters can't or won't make something, I don't say that because I feel I am better than others. I say it because Other hatters are too busy doing the hats they do best to take on some of the really odd jobs, the really unusual hats. I end up making a lot of these hats for people who have been turned down by other hatters, who most often said they didn't have the time to even try to figure out how to do make something they have never made before.

here is the online article.
http://www.star-telegram.com/388/story/699946.html

Jimmy
TheMechanic
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by TheMechanic »

That's pretty cool. I went to your site the other day to check out your Indy hats but the pictures weren't there. Will you be updating the site soon?
Thanks!
JPdesign
Vendor

Post by JPdesign »

updates will bee up this week. I have a few new hats to take pictures of.

Jimmy
TheMechanic
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by TheMechanic »

Great, thanks. You're near Granbury right? I have a good friend, a well known custom knifemaker who lives there. Can't beat that 'Made in Texas' quality.
Aggie
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Aggie »

Howdy JPD,

Are you located in Granbury or Glen Rose? I'd like to come up there later this year, probably fall, to see if you can some measurements for me for a hat.
genphideaux
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by genphideaux »

Jimmy,

That was great, looking forward to coming to your shop and meeting you.
JPdesign
Vendor

Post by JPdesign »

I am five miles south of Glen Rose. I did have a store in Granbury but closed it in December.

I also need to say that my hats are now available in Austin at Rewards, and will soon be available in Fort Worth at Dean-Kingston. In September you will be able to buy them at Lansky Bros. in Memphis.

The mechanic, would that be Larry Chew, If so I went over to his shop and did some work a while back. Need to again if I ever get caught up on the hats.

Jimmy
TheMechanic
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by TheMechanic »

No, it's Jack Crain. He made all the knives in the movies 'Predator', 'Die Hard' etc. He's an old friend.

Take care.
gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by gabrielle »

I'm so happy for you Jimmy. You're a great guy and I love my JPD hat. I have the rabbit ROTLA Raven Bar bash. Jimmy did an excellent job on the brim work and my crown crease. Plus I gave him my size in inches and the hat is a glove perfect fit. I'll be back Jimmy for another!!! Hopefully before you get as busy as Steve!!!

:wink:
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

Very nice article Jimmy! I've been very impressed with the hats you've made for others on this forum. I'd love to get one of your fedoras someday, your work is top notch!

Weston
mtechthang
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by mtechthang »

JPdesign
Read the piece. It mostly seemed complementary and well put. I'm glad things are coming round for your shop!! The work and reputation seem to be spreading quickly! BTW- I think the quote wasn't really that bad. Only someone "looking for a fight" would likely mis-understand that. Especially so for those of us who have been mis-quoted by the press (which, I'm afraid, is pretty much those of us who've been interviewed/quoted by the press)! I once told a reporter that young people are more impulsive because the part of their brain that controls impuses develops later and more slowly. The quote came out, "Young people have defective brains." Hmmm. Not quite what I said. :) Really, it read ok! :)