CS Webley holster?

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

whipwarrior

CS Webley holster?

Post by whipwarrior »

I have spent all day scouring the internet for a new/repro or vintage seamed Webley holster like the one that Harrison wears on his belt in that publicity pic, to no avail. Does anyone know where I can find one of these?
Arlington Beech
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Arlington Beech »

I'm wondering if its possible to take a regular Webley holster, remove the end plug, and stitch that shut (possibly even using the same stitch holes). Would the Webley still fit in it?

If so, maybe thats all they did.
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

I don't believe that would work, because the tip of the seamed holster is rounded in its profile. You'd have to cut the leather to match the curve, which would leave a gap in the bottom of the leather where the seam comes together. The whole operation is an awful lot of trouble. It's probably easier to find a vintage holster of this type, or have somebody reproduce it. *cough Lee Keppler*
Last edited by whipwarrior on Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
indywan kenobi
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indywan kenobi »

If I remember right, the Webley WG Has a 5 inch barrel. So, I believe it would be possible to find a Repro Webley Holster, designed for a Webley with a 6 inch barrel, unplug it, and sew it shut.
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

Lee Keppler proves once again that form and function can be united in one breathtaking piece of art. Made from a thinner hide than Adventure Supply's LC holster, the rich, warm-toned glossy leather shell of the CS model is wet-formed to fit a standard Webley MK-VI revolver (literally) like a glove. The stitching is tight and precise, and the seamwork dyed to blend with the holster.

ImageImage
ImageImage

The gunbelt and whip carrier are both an exact duplicate of the screen-used version worn by Harrison Ford in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

ImageImage

Bravo, Lee! :clap:
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

hey! how'd you get yours before mine??? all right whipwarrior.....you just made my bad books........

.....all right, all is forgiven now :D

that looks awesome sir. lee just sent mine out in the mail yesterday. can't wait to get her.

thanks for sharing and making me yearn moreso.......all right, you're back in the bad books :wink: :lol:
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

LOL I ordered mine the day he announced that it was available (early August), in hopes that I would have it in time for Dragon Con, but it wasn't mailed until last Friday. I guess these are made-to-order items, so there's probably not a stock supply of them waiting around to be shipped. Tomorrow I'm going to take some full-gear pics with everything. The only thing that I am waiting for now is my Adventurebilt CS fedora, which I ordered last December.
Solent MKIII
Museum Curator
Museum Curator
Location: Sharing living space with a near-sighted scrap pile

Post by Solent MKIII »

Nice, nice holster - Lee sure does put out a good product. I really like
the water-forming that shows off the Webley's outline - very cool. :junior:
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

Yes, it truly is a thing of beauty. Definitely the last holster that I will ever buy because, well - look at it! Absolute perfection! :shock:
Kali Yuga
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Kali Yuga »

Looks wonderful! Congrats to your new holster, whipwarrior!

Kind regards,

Kali Yuga
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

I made an IndyGear showcase video. Unfortunately, crummy MySpace TV does not retain the pristine HD quality of my digital camcorder.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseacti ... d=42301083
weaponx24
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by weaponx24 »

very very cool! how much did it run you for the whole set up...holster, whip holder, and gunbelt?
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

Gosh, you don't even want to know. A small fortune, to be sure. Oh, you mean just the gunbelt assembly. That was $150 with shipping. As for the WHOLE outfit... I shudder to think about it.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

too bad the whip holder isn't SA to KOTCS

NIBS
Stefan Hills
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Stefan Hills »

knibs7 wrote:too bad the whip holder isn't SA to KOTCS

NIBS
Actually, Lee is working on a screen accurate two brass snap whip holder.

I cannot wait to see the finished product,

all the best,
Stefan
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

I know, but I'm not one of those ultra screen-accurate freaks who pulls their new jacket from the bag and then takes out a micrometer caliper to measure the precision of the yoke seam stitching, or uses a laser microscope to verify that the direction of the leather grain on the side panels run perfectly parallel to the grain alignment on the front. Believe me, the whip carrier is the least of my concern. Lee delivered, and I'm a happy camper.

P.S.- There's nothing wrong with people like that, so nobody get offended, okay. :lol:
ANZAC_1915
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: CS Webley holster?

Post by ANZAC_1915 »

whipwarrior wrote:I have spent all day scouring the internet for a new/repro or vintage seamed Webley holster like the one that Harrison wears on his belt in that publicity pic, to no avail. Does anyone know where I can find one of these?
Is CS holster different than LC?
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

cs holster is stitched at the bottom, not plugged. it is also molded to the gun :)
ReturningSon
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by ReturningSon »

I ordered mine on the 8th of September....Does this mean I won't get it till December?... :shock: I guess these are handmande?
Rook
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Rook »

I don't believe there's a leather holster making machine out there.

That is to say, I mean they're all hand made AND hand formed to a Webley revolver. And sadly, in this instant-gratification-internet-world, hand made items do take time to make.

Russ
Indiana Jake
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Seated in a Pan Am Sea Plane, flying over a map of Glendale, CA

Post by Indiana Jake »

I will have two available at the QM summit

www.indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?t=35440

Regards,

Jake Johnson