Todd's Deluxe gunbelt

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Risu
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Todd's Deluxe gunbelt

Post by Risu »

I just ordered a Todd's DX Gunbelt and whip holder and I was wondering if anybody could tell me if it's possible to trim it in length if, say, you lose a few pounds. My waist is currently 36", so I ordered a 34-36, but by the time the movie premieres I plan to be at about 32". I didn't want to go with the 30-32, as it might not leave enough extra, especially if I don't reach my goal. So if anybody here has one of the newer design Todd belts, can you let me know if trimming it down is a possibility?
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel
Location: DBSSWWD ~ "This is how we say goodbye to MIMES in Germany!"

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Leather is leather. With the right tools, a punch in case you need more holes, and an appropriate dye for the raw edge you'll leave, it should be possible.

But I'd give him a call/email first and if you KNOW you will be losing the weight, get sized for your 'midpoint'. I.e., plan to lose four inches off your middle? get it sized two inches smaller. you'll just be cinching it one hole looser than normal to begin with, it'll be dead-on for a while, and if you really lose as much as you think the worst it will be is one hole too long.

that might be safer than trimming four inches off it, nest pas?
Risu
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Risu »

Well, as the belt is 34-36, it technically is sized for the midpoint. I won't know until I actually receive it whether or not there will be too much extra hanging off at all, but one would expect at least 4 inches, as that's what I'm losing. I'm not too worried about cutting it or dyeing it, I'm just concerned about the grooves. I know they go along both sides, but do they go around the end as well?
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel
Location: DBSSWWD ~ "This is how we say goodbye to MIMES in Germany!"

Post by Indiana Jerry »

You're correct, I forgot about the grooves.

Email Todd, tell him your concern. I'd heard before that you tell him YOUR size, he sizes you a belt for 4" larger, since it's supposed to hang low. After talking to him he may size yours only 2" longer, and then you don't need to worry about cutting the end - you only need to worry about losing the weight to make it fit!
Bullitt
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Bullitt »

Risu wrote:I know they go along both sides, but do they go around the end as well?
Yes, they do. I´ve trimmed mine, but didn´t care about the grooves. I touched up the end with brown and black shoe polish. Also you might wanna put some Pecards on that belt first before anything, because it´s really stiff and can crack as a result.
Risu
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Risu »

Thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to do that.
murcok
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by murcok »

Could you say me how to order by Todd's DX?
i need a leather gun belt but i don't know where to buy...

Thanks
Bullitt
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Bullitt »

Try this link:
http://www.toddscostumes.com/indy/leath ... n_belt.htm

Browse around somewhat, he has a lot of stuff you might be interested in as well. I've got all of my leather gear from Todd's, except for my Wested. :D
I've been very satisfied with his products and I can seriously recommend them.
murcok
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by murcok »

thank you very much!