Wested stock jacket sizing

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Oban
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Wested stock jacket sizing

Post by Oban »

Just a quick question on sizing for anyone who's ordered an off-the-shelf jacket from Wested before, as I couldn't find the info on their site and my emails remain unanswered (although I understand perfectly that they're rather busy!): what size chest does their medium jacket fit?

Thanks,

~Oban
Castor Dioscuri
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Castor Dioscuri »

They tend to run a bit on the larger side, if I remember correctly.

Their 'Mediums' are (I think) somewhere from 38-42", or maybe even a bit bigger?

If I were you, I'd try email them again or give them a call... Unless you're in a hurry, it's always better to get a custom fit ;)
Masman
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Masman »

I purchased an off the rack lambskin in a size 42R. It fit just like my 42R suit coat.

I wasn't aware that Wested sold jackets in "S, M, L, XL" designations, but I'm pretty new to COW and all the vendors...
Castor Dioscuri
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Castor Dioscuri »

Masman wrote:I purchased an off the rack lambskin in a size 42R. It fit just like my 42R suit coat.

I wasn't aware that Wested sold jackets in "S, M, L, XL" designations, but I'm pretty new to COW and all the vendors...
They sell Indy jackets by chest size (and custom sizes), but the majority of their other jackets are in the generic (S,M,L) sizes.