ISO a Ben Scott Bullwhip

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

Tyrloch
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

ISO a Ben Scott Bullwhip

Post by Tyrloch »

Hello,

I know this is a long shot, but is anyone looking to sell a Ben Scott Indy bullwhip? I had one of the first ones he had made, but was forced to sell it a few years back. I've regretted it ever since, which turned into serious regret when he announced his early retirement. Hoping for something around 8ft, but will take almost any length at this point. Anyone with any positive news, please either reply to this post, or email me at: Tyrloch720@aol.com. Thanks.

~Jace
midwestwhips
Vendor

Post by midwestwhips »

Hi Jace,

I don't have a ben scott for sale for you, but I wanted to say hi. I haven't seen you since the WWAC convention in Vegas in 2002, I think that was when murphy was there too.

How have you been?

And didn't you buy that pair of natural tan 16 plait long handle bullwhips off of murphy that year? I believe they were the same ones he used in his video "No Bull whip cracking". Do you still have them?

Regards,

Paul Nolan
MidWestWhips
ecwhips
Vendor

Post by ecwhips »

midwestwhips wrote:Hi Jace,

And didn't you buy that pair of natural tan 16 plait long handle bullwhips off of murphy that year? I believe they were the same ones he used in his video "No Bull whip cracking". Do you still have them?

Regards,

Paul Nolan
MidWestWhips
Hey Paul,

I was the one who bought those whips from Mike. They were a really nice pair of whips. I'll send you some pics of them later.

Jim
midwestwhips
Vendor

Post by midwestwhips »

Jim,

Oh yeah! When I was typing that, I had that deja vu feeling that I had typed that exact same thing before, now I know why. :shock: :lol:

They're a beautiful pair of whips, I can't wait to see the pics!!!

Thanks,

Paul Nolan
MidWestWhips
Tyrloch
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tyrloch »

Hey Paul,

It's been a long time, how've you been? Still making whips? Yup, Jim is correct: he was the one that grabbed those sweet whips. I had the chance to use them -- and they were definitely s-w-e-e-t!! But then again, so is every whip Mike makes...

~Jace
ecwhips
Vendor

Post by ecwhips »

Hey Paul,

I think these are the only pictures I have of them. They were 7 foot, 16 plait with 20 inch handles in natural tan with brandy accents on the knots. You would think they would just feel like a stockwhip with those long handles but they didn't.

Enjoy!

Jim

Tyrloch
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tyrloch »

Hello Again,

No takers, huh? That's pretty much what I expected:( Did I mention that I'd be willing to pay top dollar?? Anyone looking to trade for it?

~Jace
ecwhips
Vendor

Post by ecwhips »

Tyrloch wrote:Hello Again,

No takers, huh? That's pretty much what I expected:( Did I mention that I'd be willing to pay top dollar?? Anyone looking to trade for it?

~Jace
Well if you're willing to pay so much I'll make one and just tell you it's a Ben Scott! :P Call me this weekend.

Jim
Tyrloch
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tyrloch »

I meant good money, not RIDICULOUS money!! You busy now? I'm just wasting away here at work...
midwestwhips
Vendor

Post by midwestwhips »

Hey Paul,

It's been a long time, how've you been? Still making whips? Yup, Jim is correct: he was the one that grabbed those sweet whips. I had the chance to use them -- and they were definitely s-w-e-e-t!! But then again, so is every whip Mike makes...

~Jace
Hi Jace,

Sorry I didn't get back to ya for a lil while, it's been busy. It has been a long time, how are you doing? I'm doing good, still making whips. I agree Mike makes some excellent whips! If only I could win the lottery, :( I'd have a collection of whips from every maker I could find!
Hey Paul,

I think these are the only pictures I have of them. They were 7 foot, 16 plait with 20 inch handles in natural tan with brandy accents on the knots. You would think they would just feel like a stockwhip with those long handles but they didn't.

Enjoy!

Jim
Hey Jim,

They do look beautiful though! I remember when you bought them, I was a bit envious. ;-) although I didn't remember the handles being quite that long, I thought they were more around the 16 inch length, but memory fades over time. I noticed you spoke of them in the past tense, I'm guessing you sold them? I'd be curious to know who ownes them now.

Regards,

Paul Nolan
MidWestWhips
ecwhips
Vendor

Post by ecwhips »

midwestwhips wrote:
Hey Paul,

~Jace
Hi Jace,

Sorry I didn't get back to ya for a lil while, it's been busy. It has been a long time, how are you doing? I'm doing good, still making whips. I agree Mike makes some excellent whips! If only I could win the lottery, :( I'd have a collection of whips from every maker I could find!
Hey Paul,

Enjoy!

Jim
Hey Jim,

They do look beautiful though! I remember when you bought them, I was a bit envious. ;-) although I didn't remember the handles being quite that long, I thought they were more around the 16 inch length, but memory fades over time. I noticed you spoke of them in the past tense, I'm guessing you sold them? I'd be curious to know who ownes them now.

Regards,

Paul Nolan
MidWestWhips
Hey Paul,

It's funny because I didn't actually buy them outright. I originally had Mike make a pair for me that were supposed to be exactly like that pair; same color and all. I got them just before the convention, except he made them in brandy instead of natural. I didn't mind so much about the color, but he offered to trade with me when I mentioned it to him. The fact that they were his from the video was just the icing on the cake.

I did sell them back when money was getting tight. Someone on the WE list bought them but I don't remember who it was.

Jim