Wested Temple in Authentic Goat...

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Bjones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Bjones »

Its funny, but after seeing so many pictures of the different cuts compared to mine (TOD), the differences are starting to blur, length being the hardest to discern. The TOD on me, at times, looks almost like a raiders length. On others, it looks longer. I think body type has alot to do with it. But I am happy that I got the TOD cut-any shorter and I would feel a little "exposed". The fit for me is as you say, perfect

Go for the horse _, its amazing! :wink:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Want to know something funny, BJ? _ was pushing Wested to offer horsehide YEARS ago...but they couldn't source the hide to Peter's satisfaction, and the idea was dropped. :?

_ should have owned the very first one off the line, in my opinion, but that's all a moot point now. :wink:

Go for it, _. You deserve one.

Regards! Michaelson
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

You never followed it anyway. :lol: :wink:

Regards! Michaelson
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

To many years, Bud.... :lol: Regards! Michaelson
Swindiana
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Swindiana »

_;
Are you going for the authentic or dark brown?

I have the authentic ToD myself and I must say that it is a tough jacket to distress. (Sandpaper works, but acetone only seem to get rid of the shine really.)
The shots I've seen of the distressed DB ones make it seem like they are a lot easier to get color changes on, if that is what you want.

Regards,
Swindiana
Bjones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Bjones »

Michaelson wrote:Want to know something funny, BJ? _ was pushing Wested to offer horsehide YEARS ago...but they couldn't source the hide to Peter's satisfaction, and the idea was dropped. :?

_ should have owned the very first one off the line, in my opinion, but that's all a moot point now. :wink:

Go for it, _. You deserve one.

Regards! Michaelson
Agreed. _, it would seem that you are overdue...12 steps or not. :)
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Gee....look at the surprise written all over MY face.... :roll: :lol: :wink:

About dang time, buster! [-X

Hope you've lost some 'bulk' so I can trade it off of you after you've broken it in in a few years. Hopefully it will fit me better than the LAST one I got from you..... :? :lol:

Regards! Michaelson
Kaplan
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Kaplan »

_,
I have an authentic goat temple on the way, and it's my first gear item. What are your thoughts after you have had yours for a while?

I would kill to see some pics right about now...but in a friendly way.
-GC
Masterfulks
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Masterfulks »

Here's a back shot of my Dark Brown Temple of Doom Goat.

I personally wouldnt want the jacket to be any shorter. I think that a 1 inch difference is going to be absorbed into your body type.

astroboy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by astroboy »

Definitely right there are so may variations out there...it is starting to blur..
I had my ROLA Wested goat skin jacket cut a little shorter, tapered and the storm flaps sown to give it a more stream line fit..