I'll have a Wested by halloween!!!!!

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Indiana George
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

I'll have a Wested by halloween!!!!!

Post by Indiana George »

I just everyone to know that schwammy has gone out of his way to insure that I have a Wested for Halloween. We struck a nice deal and I'm buying his nicely distressed size 40 wested. Now I have the hat, the clothes, the Whip (Thanks Adam) and now a jacket ...I'm set. Thanks to all for the help, the advice, the links and the gear. sniff sniff

George

Here's a pic
http://photobucket.com/albums/v208/schw ... acket1.jpg
Doug C
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Doug C »

Nice looking jacket, congratualations! BTW, what leather is that?

Doug C
Strider
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Strider »

NIIIICE. I can't help but wonder, why doesn't my Wested have the british flag under the label that says "Made in England" ? Mine has a patch under the breast pocket that says it.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

The flag seems to move around from jacket to jacket. I've had it everywhere from under the tag, to on the inside pocket, to on the side seam inside the lining. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it to me.

Regards! Michaelson
Colby
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Colby »

My england logo is underneath the inside pocket too and mine is brand new. I still haven't really gotten used to the backwards zipper yet. :?
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Hemingway Jones »

So does mine, Strider. I think it has to do with when it was made. Schwammy's may be older.
BTW, there is some nice natural distressing on there. :wink:
Indiana George
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana George »

It's lamb and I believe it's about 3 or 4 years old I can't tell you how excited I am. i have to confess to buying three leather jackets from the thrift store to get the right look but none were even close. I'm so geeked. I actually wear a 39 but a 40 will be fine. My staff of Ra headpiece should be coming soon to, man, it's like Christmas!

George
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

That's a great way to get a jacket, it is already worn in and you don't have to live throught the 'too new' jacket stage!

My made in Britain flag is under the breast pocket. Maybe each machinist has a signature position for the label?
The real Henry
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by The real Henry »

Great jacket with the best decent natural distressing I've ever seen! :clap: :tup: =P~
schwammy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by schwammy »

The default position for Wested's Union Jack label is on the breast pocket unless you specifically ask for it to be moved under the back label. It's an 'authentic Lamb' from 2003, I think. You should be receiving it by noon tomorrow, George. Make sure you're home so you can sign for it.
Indiana George
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana George »

George bows to schwammy and says ''I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy"...

Thanks a million schwammy
George
Indiana George
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana George »

Update on my Wested. Well, it arrived today and I took it out of the box and I laughed outload. After spending countless hours in thriftshops searching to a close enough jacked, I now owned Wested. I can hardly believe it. I put my full gear on and then went to try the jacket on, I was nervous, soon as I slid my right arm in I knew it was going to fit and it did. It fits great!!!! Everything is snug but roomy and the sleeves come down just above my first thumb nuckle. Soon as I get my whip and can wear my full gear I'll take some pics.

Thanks Al

George
schwammy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by schwammy »

enjoy old boy