DP in Rocketeer?

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

RelicHunter
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

DP in Rocketeer?

Post by RelicHunter »

I was watching The Rocketeer the other day, an Indy-like film many of you may be aware of, when lo and behold I saw a Dorfman-Pacific Indy hat in it.

I saw it during the scene on a movie set during a movie shoot where an actor is stabbed. Right after that, Timmothy Dalton's (ex-Bond) character stands up and a few guys brush past him. The last one is wearing what looks to be a Dorfman-Pacific Indy hat. What made it stand out was I think I saw light glint off of the hat pin, although I can't see it in these screengrabs.

The guy with the hat is on the right:

A close up:

Once I saw it, I began to see ones like it everywhere, although maybe I'm just paranoid. :wink:

Seeing as this is a Disney movie, and Dorfman-Pacific makes hats for Disney parks, it's reasonable to think that DP made the hats for the movie. It certainly seems an inexpensive way to go. It surprises me, though, that they would let an Indy hat in like that. At any rate, Rocketeer is a good movie you should all check out.

P.S.: Sorry I haven't been around the board lately. School and other things have been keeping me away. But, now that all that is winding down, I look forward to posting more
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Hemingway Jones »

Oh, I dunno, Relic. Can you zoom in any closer? It almost looks like the brim on that hat is bound. :-k It does look like a DP though.
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mulceber »

I agree with Relic, I can even see the pin on the ribbon. :junior: -IJ
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

The edge does look bound. I'm not sure if that's a pin or just a highlight on on the ribbon.

BTW, what kind of jacket does the Rocketter have? I was thinking about that the other day? It's leather isn't it and suppoed to be about the same period as Indy.
RelicHunter
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by RelicHunter »

I also want a copy of the Rocketeer's jacket, but unfortunately there isn't one readily available. Wested was going to do one, but that appears to have been abandoned.

Information on Wested's "Rocketeer" Jacket can be found here:

viewtopic.php?t=4898&highlight=