Other Harrison Jackets

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

elstevo
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Other Harrison Jackets

Post by elstevo »

I know that Wested made some of the Star Wars costumes (and still does, I believe), but they don't say which.

I've always loved Han Solo's black jacket in "Empire." It's not leather, so I doubt Wested made it, though. Anyone know of where to find a good replica?

elstevo
Scandinavia Jones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Scandinavia Jones »

The Solo ESB jacket is dark blue, not black. This guy used to offer it... you might want to check with him. :)
elstevo
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by elstevo »

Thanks, Scandinavia! I'd forgotten that it was navy blue. I checked out that site---looks pretty good. Do you have any idea of the quality? I might email them and ask about pricing.
Scandinavia Jones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

I have not experienced the CE costumes in person, although I've had other e-mail dealings with Vince. He's a nice guy and very knowledgeable on Solo gear, so I suggest you drop him an e-mail...
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mulceber »

seeing as Wested ended up making the Indy jackets by being subcontracted by Burman's and Nathan's, I doubt they've made any gear from the original trilogy. It seems more likely that they made stuff like Anakin Skywalker's leather tunic, or the leather vests of the Naboo security guards. :junior: -IJ
Rob
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Rob »

I think you'll find the CE jacket is very, very good as a costume for conventions, etc, but you'll definitely have to enquire what it's like as a day-to-day jacket.
Adventure Lad
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Adventure Lad »

Wested have made stuff for the new Star Wars movies but also did some stuff for the original trilogy too. I dont know exactly what though. Didnt Luke have a leather jacket at the very end of A New Hope? :?

Adventure Lad
Scandinavia Jones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Adventure Lad wrote:Didnt Luke have a leather jacket at the very end of A New Hope? :?
You mean in the scene where Luke had nothing nice to wear for the ceremony and had to borrow Solo's brown pants? :lol:
No, that was the infamous British racing-style jacket also used in Space:1999 -

It was also worn by Greedo (sleeveless version, IIRC) and used as a "cold weather" jacket by the Rebel pilots in ESB...
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Hemingway Jones »

Scandi,
Is that picture from "Space: 1999"?
I haven't thought about that show in 20 years!

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I see you wrote that above there. Ooops. I always thought those Eagle-One Ships were cool.
Last edited by Hemingway Jones on Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crazylegsmurphy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by crazylegsmurphy »

I would very much like one of those ESB Solo jackets like the one on that costume page for a spring jacket, but I question the quality of that one.

Anyone know of anyone else selling these things?
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Hemingway Jones wrote:Scandi,

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I see you wrote that above there. Ooops. I always thought those Eagle-One Ships were cool.
Yeah, I always used to wonder how the moon's absence screwed up life on Earth, seeing that at least the tides would have been all messed up. I bet Harrison watched the show as a kid. :wink:

bink
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mulceber »

you could e-mail the guy who runs the site and ask him. Just remember to take his opinion with a grain of salt, as he is trying to sell you something. :junior: -IJ
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

binkmeisterRick wrote:
Hemingway Jones wrote:Scandi,

Yeah, I always used to wonder how the moon's absence screwed up life on Earth, seeing that at least the tides would have been all messed up. I bet Harrison watched the show as a kid. :wink:

bink
I am surprised this show never showed up on Sci-Fi. From what I remember, in spite of a ridiculous premise, it wasn't a bad show. I had the Eagle One toy when I was a kid. You could pop the front off and the rockets off and make a smaller little shuttle. -Very cool, indeed. I also had one of their phasers. They were kind of "U" shaped.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

My big brother had a nice model of the Eagle shuttle. I always liked the ship because it looked like a plausable craft. I had the gun too, looooong ago. Mine was a flashlight. And to keep it on topic, I think Indy IV will take place on the moon, circa 1999. :roll:

bink
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

binkmeisterRick wrote:And to keep it on topic, I think Indy IV will take place on the moon, circa 1999. :roll:
bink
In our defense, this topic started out off topic! :wink: :D
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Yep, Hannover Street. Regards. Michaelson