Besides you know what a cautious fellow I am.

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

Indiana_Alex
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Besides you know what a cautious fellow I am.

Post by Indiana_Alex »

Howdy everyone.I have just received my Webley replica from Todd in the mail today.It is absolutly awesome.Todd has done a great job and out done himself.Since there isn't alot of information on this replica, I will be the first to give a review.My first immpresion when I opened it was at how large it was, I was expecting it to be smaller than it is.The paint job is outstanding and it looks amazinly real, you can even see the brass casings in the chamber. There is so much detail in the casting it is really cool. There are all sorts of numbers and letters etc which just adds to the detail. You can even see all of the small bolts and screws. Todd did a good job of making it look like it has been used and something that Indy would have carried. I do feel like it needs a bit more distressing around the barrel, so I'm going to take my steel colored paint and touch it up a bit. Overall its a great replica and I would recommend it to anyone.I bought mine off of Ebay, so I payed 12 dollars less than you would if you bought it from Todd directly.But I still think it is a resonable price.
Cheers, Alex
Indiana_Alex
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Webley grips

Post by Indiana_Alex »

Since this is on the same note, what color were Indy's grips on his Webley.In all of the pictures I've seen of Webleys they all had brown. But my replica has black.Can anyone shed some light on this.Thanks.
Cheers, Alex
Dr._J
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Dr._J »

Sounds great!!! How's about some pics?!!! :D

Regards,

Dr. J
Indiana_Alex
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Indiana_Alex »

Maybe if my family realizes we are in the 21st century they might buy a digital camera or scanner but until then, sorry.Just have to wait until the 22nd :D .
Cheers,Alex
Lee Keppler
Vendor

Post by Lee Keppler »

The standard grip color on the Webley MK Vl( and for that matter, all Webleys) is black, as the material is hard rubber. With age, I have seen some turn SLIGHTLY brownish., but the standard factory grips are black.