Re: Show us your US Wings New Zealand lamb jackets

Post by RCSignals »

pretty much has to be PSB.
Vaderbreath
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Vaderbreath »

In emailing Sarge today, he told me again that if you want one of these but can only pay half now, half in thirty days, that he will send the jacket out after just the first payment...you just need to keep your word that you'll pay the rest. He emphasized that this only applies to COW members. That is amazing! What a great guy and a great company. I am proud to wear US Wings on my back! Oh, and I'm also going to order one of these right away.
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

WOW, what the heck Hack!? These are too amazing as well. These shots look much better than those prototypes, which were a bit too red for me. Well i originally wanted this jacket for the weight of it being in LA, but the COW was amazing looking so i had to go with that. Very tempted to buy one still .... but striated lamb sounds even more interesting.
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Indakin wrote:WOW, what the heck Hack!? These are too amazing as well. These shots look much better than those prototypes, which were a bit too red for me. Well i originally wanted this jacket for the weight of it being in LA, but the COW was amazing looking so i had to go with that. Very tempted to buy one still .... but striated lamb sounds even more interesting.
What the heck Hack..I love it !!Sounds like my old first sgt. I know what you mean about the Red... I loved the Leather and feel but the color just did not get it so after Michaelson and I talked about that issue for over a month I went with the rich brown with high lights of light aged brown through out the jacket and then hand aged each hide and then after all that hand oiled each hide.. Not easy to do and takes a lot of time... But now you have a custom Indy Hero year around High end Lamb that no two are alike... Again today Myke our GM after me telling Him what I did over the 4th will set up a bookkeeping department for COW members only....That offer is for All Indy-Style Jackets even our Kids Line. You have to understand I can not post that on our web site .
Sarge
Tollan
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Tollan »

Hey sarge... I have to say that the leather looks amazing!! I am sooo tempted!! How long will the introductory offer price run until?
IndyBrit
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by IndyBrit »

Tollan wrote:Hey sarge... I have to say that the leather looks amazing!! I am sooo tempted!! How long will the introductory offer price run until?

Yep.. Sarge I have the same question? How long is the introductory price valid?
sharkboy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by sharkboy »

I'm pretty sure that he will honor this price for COW members for the next year from the initial release. but don't quote me. I think he did mention that in a previous thread though.
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

sharkboy wrote:I'm pretty sure that he will honor this price for COW members for the next year from the initial release. but don't quote me. I think he did mention that in a previous thread though.
That's right. The introductory price is for a year for us here. Extremely generous of the Sarge.
Indyzane
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indyzane »

Hey Sarge can we order these Lamb jackets with no snaps?
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Indyzane wrote:Hey Sarge can we order these Lamb jackets with no snaps?
I will answer both questions.. I will keep the price for COW members for at least a year ! Yes you can order them now without snaps...However I am making them and it takes at least 21 days ! You know Who wanted snaps .. Not me.. But how could I say no to my good friend M.
In three weeks or so I will have them without snaps and BTW longs also.
Oh this Jacket really brings out your Personality !!
Sarge
Indyzane
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indyzane »

Thanks Sarge! :clap: :clap: :clap: Your Customer service is truly one of a kind! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Thanks for your patience with all of us and answering so many crazy questions! :TOH:
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Indyzane wrote:Thanks Sarge! :clap: :clap: :clap: Your Customer service is truly one of a kind! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Thanks for your patience with all of us and answering so many crazy questions! :TOH:
No problem what so ever!
I think Mid week some of the Fans will start receiving the Hero Lambs and then watch out!!... They will not want to take them off.
Sarge
Dana Powers
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Dana Powers »

Hi Guys,
I bought a Wested Raiders jacket a while back.
I just bought the US Wings Antique Cow and absolutely love it.
I left the snaps on because it was suggested that this jacket would make a nice Last Crusade jacket.
I am loving the New Zealand Lamb jacket and I am wondering if this one would make a good Raiders jacket that I would get without the snaps or would I get it with snaps and I would have 2 Last Crusade Jackets.
Also what about the Striated Lamb or Calf jackets?
Is there going to be any difference between the jackets?
I want a nice Raiders style jacket.
At this rate I will have 4 nice Last Crusade jackets.
Any advice on the jackets?
Also any TOD style jackets in the future?
Thanks
-Dana Powers
Tilton, NH R2-D2 Builder
http://www.R2-D2Builder.com
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

As the subject title says, any one else receive their new New Zealand lambskins yet, and if so, would you be willing to show us?

Regards! Michaelson
Indyzane
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indyzane »

Wow I love that jacket! Very nice Sarge! :clap:
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

Sgt. wrote:I am now making the Hero Cow and Hero Lightweight Lamb without snaps plus I am making them in longs.. about 21 days out.. At no extra charge! The Neil Cooper Raiders Calf will be the first of four jackets made for each Indiana Jones Movie.. Per request of Indiana Holt they will be called Indy Jackets 123and 4.
BTW the Indy Hero Line is Neil Coopers pattern with a few little changes for the world market and yes the pattern is from the the Raiders .. with street changes. the 123and 4 will not have any changes and 100 % to each Indiana Jones Movie.
Sarge
Sarge, just so you know I got an email about this lightweight lamb stating the longs are now available. Also your site doesn't mention the longs are not available as of yet. I figured to let you know in case other people think they're now available.
St. Dumas
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by St. Dumas »

Another nice jacket, Holt. Good leather too. Mind telling us the height of that collar stand and the collar widths at front-side and back?

Thanks.

SD
Tibor
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Tibor »

So, the original design for Raiders, in the hide _ confirmed was used by the actual guy who made SS's favorite, with Holt's attention to detail and US Wings quality and integrity. With that designer involved and a certificate to boot.

I couldn't have invented a better scenario for the creation of my "Holy Grail" jacket. Absolutely brilliant and my thanks and appreciation to all involved. Outstanding!

Honestly, unbelievable. :notworthy:
Last edited by Tibor on Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

I KNOW, Tibor... I keep wondering (worrying) if I'm about to be woken up from having a DREAM!
:[

Sarge, this work your doing...
the arrangement you've made for us here...
the PEOPLE you've embraced to assist you in this work...
it's like you've showed up like a genie who's been let out of his bottle and you're granting us THREE (no, make that FOUR... actually, FIVE, etc, etc) WISHES!
:clap:

And BEST of ALL:
You're actually GRANTING them!
:notworthy:

HOLT:
Those photos look FANTASTIC!!!
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Interesting thing is, he's ALWAYS been here, clear back to Indyfan, and was the first vendor to align himself with us when Indygear was first proposed back in 2001. ;)

Regards! Michaelson
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

Michaelson wrote:As the subject title says, any one else receive their new New Zealand lambskins yet, and if so, would you be willing to show us?

Regards! Michaelson

Mine arrived an hour ago Michaelson, pics will be coming very soon.

Here is a teaser: If you think the leather on the Antique cow leather was soft, wait till you feel the New Zealand lamb leather!!! Feels like silk.
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Michaelson wrote:Interesting thing is, he's ALWAYS been here, clear back to Indyfan, and was the first vendor to align himself with us when Indygear was first proposed back in 2001.
Sorry, I guess I worded that poorly...
:oops:
Didn't mean to imply that Sarge himself had just "showed up" (I knew he hadn't - AND has a long and rich history with COW & it's Members)...
I simply meant that with all of the exciting developments with what U.S. Wings, the whole situation -with Sarge at the helm, certainly- feels as though "a genie has showed up who's been let out of his bottle and offered to grant us all wishes"...
\:D/
Having said all that I'm glad you clarified what I seemed to be implying, Michaelson... after all, I wouldn't want other (newer) Members to feel any sense of hesitation about ordering from Sarge based on the misunderstanding that he was a Vendor who was the new to the biz.
It's worth saying out loud that Sarge is the Real Deal...
In fact, he's about as REAL a DEAL as a person's going to find... and we're LUCKY to have him here!
:) :tup:
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

NO no, no problem here, Mitch! =; :lol:

Just wanted new folks to know he didn't just jump out of the bushes. He's been active here longer than any vendor on record for COW, including Wested, and it's great to see folks finally figuring out what is available now.

Regards! Michaelson
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Michaelson said: "Interesting thing is, he's ALWAYS been here, clear back to Indyfan, and was the first vendor to align himself with us when Indygear was first proposed back in 2001. ;)

Regards! Michaelson"

Now for the bottom line.. It was M. that talked me into pulling all plugs and make these Jackets for the Fans.. IndyDawg sent me a Bottle of Knob Creek some ten years ago and oh yes _ gave me His jacket about the same time.. I still have _ Jacket and oh yes I still have IndyDawgs Bottle and yes I still have the Gold Watch my best friend gave me.. Thanks M. and also M. thanks for being there when Lani needed a friend.
Sarge
PS being a member of COW means more than just words.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

:TOH:
ProfessorHenryWJonesJr
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Just shaking my head and laughing at the stupidity.

Post by ProfessorHenryWJonesJr »

Received my UPS two-day shipping delivery confirmation email this afternoon. \:D/
Should have my US Wings New Zealand Antique Lambskin Indy-Style Hero jacket by this Thursday, July 8th. :clap: \:D/ :tup:

Picutres, along with pictures of my US Wings Antique Cowhide Indy-Style Hero jacket in the corresponding topic, will be posted as soon as possible.

COW member "Scot2525", we eagerly await the pictures of your newly arrived jacket. :)
Michaelson wrote:As the subject title says, any one else receive their new New Zealand lambskins yet, and if so, would you be willing to show us?

Regards! Michaelson
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Forrest For the Trees »

Indiana Holt wrote:just wondering here..

could someone with a MEDIUM do me a favor?

zipp the jacket up and measure the yokeseam to yokeseam across back for me.
half shoulder aswell.

thanx. :TOH:
Not sure you still need this, based on the photos of your awesome jacket, Holt, but here are some measurements from my Medium jacket.

Across the bottom edge of yoke: 17 inches
From middle of collar to edge of shoulder: 10 inches
Shoulder seam: 6.75 inches
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

Holt,

first let me say that that jacket looks great on you sir and like i said previously.....that is one of the best hide offerings i have seen yet from uswings as far as colour and finish.
I can tell that this IS a raiders cut. you can just tell from my pictures. it fits just like the raiders fits on Ford.
the shoulders and overall body fit looks very raiders, but i feel that the jacket is too long to give that raiders vibe imo. it looks too long by over a couple inches at least from what i can tell. i'm sure if platon was still around both you and he would be disagreeing with me.

regardless of that, wings produces great jackets as far as craftsmanship and leather from all of the posts i have read.....i wouldn't mind grabbing one of these but the stable is full for now. it is just my opinion that the length needs to be chopped before you can put the jacket into the raiders remake movie starring indiana holt ;) :TOH:
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

Here we go with a review.

The jacket is very light weight, my small is very close in weight to my Todd's extra large.

This jacket seems to be a little bigger than my antique cow hero jacket, of the same size. I feel I have more freedom of movement, but this could be due to the weight of the jacket. I have taken some measurements but haven't had the chance to compare them yet.

The leather is absolutely amazing!!! The color has a chameleon/camouflage quality. The feel of the leather is as smooth as silk, ice, or glass, just take your pick.

Heres my first picture, will post some more later tonight.

Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

G,

thanx my friend.

to give you the exact measurements. it is just one inch longer then your oil pull. 26'' back.

and I think it works because I am 6.2'

yes the hide is to eat up, but let me say just wait until the striated lamb. ;)
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

ops! I just noticed now that I posted in the wrong thread.

my jacket is COW...

sorry if there were any confusions....
Kentucky Blues
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kentucky Blues »

scot2525 wrote:Here we go with a review.

The jacket is very light weight, my small is very close in weight to my Todd's extra large.

This jacket seems to be a little bigger than my antique cow hero jacket, of the same size. I feel I have more freedom of movement, but this could be due to the weight of the jacket. I have taken some measurements but haven't had the chance to compare them yet.

The leather is absolutely amazing!!! The color has a chameleon/camouflage quality. The feel of the leather is as smooth as silk, ice, or glass, just take your pick.

Heres my first picture, will post some more later tonight.

Nice lookin jacket there! :clap: About how tall are ya? Those sleeves look long, but I'm not sure if they're "good" long or "bad" long, lol.

-KB :D
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

Man, that is a beautiful jacket! Can't wait until mine gets here! For what it's worth, I think the sleeve length is fine, in fact, that is the length I would prefer on my own jackets. It's been said before many times, but those sleeves are going to shorten up on you.

Again, that's a beauty!

Weston
sharkboy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by sharkboy »

I love the jacket's fit and overall color. question: previous images showed alot of red undertones- do you notice a good amount of red in the jacket's color?

sb
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

Now for the bottom line.. It was M. that talked me into pulling all plugs and make these Jackets for the Fans.. IndyDawg sent me a Bottle of Knob Creek some ten years ago and oh yes _ gave me His jacket about the same time.. I still have _ Jacket and oh yes I still have IndyDawgs Bottle and yes I still have the Gold Watch my best friend gave me.. Thanks M. and also M. thanks for being there when Lani needed a friend.
Sarge
PS being a member of COW means more than just words.
:TOH: The feeling is mutual, my friend!

Oh...and I will be reporting on my lambskin when it arrives tomorrow!

Highest Regards!
Indydawg
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

sharkboy wrote:I love the jacket's fit and overall color. question: previous images showed alot of red undertones- do you notice a good amount of red in the jacket's color?

sb
Black cherry comes to mind.
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

I've withheld comment on Holt's jacket until now as I thought his pics might be moved to the antique cowhide thread. Holt, that is a superb fit! It really suits you man! I remember your comment that it's the kind of jacket that you really do feel like having an adventure in, and I could not agree more. The naked cowhide hero jacket does not want to stay at home, it wants to feel the wind, take a tumble across some dessert scrub, swim a river, and come home looking better than when it left.

I can't wait to see how the antique lamb compares!

Weston
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

Indiana Holt wrote:G,

thanx my friend.

to give you the exact measurements. it is just one inch longer then your oil pull. 26'' back.

and I think it works because I am 6.2'

yes the hide is to eat up, but let me say just wait until the striated lamb. ;)

you made me do a double take...oil pull??? i guess i can put that on my wish list :)

my TN "dirty oil" measures 23 5/8" and is about a size 42. i am 5'6" and change but most of that is due to my shorter in-seam.

anywayz, you're right. wrong place to discuss this.

keeping on topic however.......that NZ lamb leather looks very drapey and again....awesome colour!!! scot2525, those sleeves hit you at the perfect level....great fit on you sir.
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

scot2525 wrote:
sharkboy wrote:I love the jacket's fit and overall color. question: previous images showed alot of red undertones- do you notice a good amount of red in the jacket's color?

sb
Black cherry comes to mind.
We took all the red out.. and the arms will adjust to your Body as you wear it.... I would not take the sleevs in! This is a very high end leather jacket and will adjust to your own body.. Any dry cleaning service can if you wish take the sleeves in !! alteraticons is very easy.. But again re think and watch Kingdom of the Crystal Skull again.

Sarge
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

scot2525 wrote: Image
I LOVE that color!

I'm with Sarge about the sleeves. Leave them be for while. Also, try the jacket on with an Indy shirt, and also with typical cooler weather clothing. It could make a difference, especially if that polo is short sleeved.
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

looks beautiful and i think the sleeves are perfect length, just look at fords jacket in most shots. In KOTCS it looks that length.

how does it move, is the leather flowy? Can we see some other shots?
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Indakin wrote:looks beautiful and i think the sleeves are perfect length, just look at fords jacket in most shots. In KOTCS it looks that length.

how does it move, is the leather flowy? Can we see some other shots?
I just tried both Hero Indy Jackets on.. The Naked Cow and the Lightweight Lamb and this is what I found..They both are the same pattern But.. I honestly think what you are feeling is the weight and movement of the Lightweight Lamb! I just ask Lani what she thought and Lani said the same thing!
I also like your picture and would like to know how in the heck do you get the true colors of the leather..... looks like you are standing right next to me.
Sarge
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

I feel the sleeve length is perfect for a new jacket, especially lamb. I love the fit of this jacket it feels extremely comfortable.

A few more pictures:

Left to Right Wested novapelle, Wings antique cow, Wings, New Zealand lamb, Todd's standard lamb.

Tremolo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tremolo »

These new Wings jackets look amazing! Great pictures everyone and thanks scot2525 for the comparison picture!
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Tremolo wrote:These new Wings jackets look amazing! Great pictures everyone and thanks scot2525 for the comparison picture!
WOW...Like they say.. a picture is worth a thousand words!!
Sarge
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Yeah, a good comparison shot like that is always a wonderful aid...
Many Thanks for that, scot2525!
:)
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

This looks like a photo out of a catalog! :shock: :TOH:

Regards! Michaelson
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

Ok...I am probably going to post my review in a separate thread-I got a bit long-winded....and I took a LOT of photos and linked them to my photobucket account...but here's a sample (sorry for making you click on the link...I can't figure how to insert an actual photo into a post :oops: :

Review and the other pics in a different thread...I just can NOT say now awesome I think this jacket is!!!

High Regards!
Indydawg
Han Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Han Jones »

Will the jackets this fall be a totally different pattern? The jackets look fine but I just can't get over the gap between the shoulders on the back panel.