Wested Boots, August 2024

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Rob
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Wested Boots, August 2024

Post by Rob »

Picked up a pair of the Wested boots. Wore them during my lunch hour. Already put some light creases onto them. Awww, my first weathering, how sweet :whip:

First thoughts - sizing feels true. I wear a UK Size 12 in Doc Martens and these feel basically the same. Top of the boot dug slightly into the back of my leg initially, then stopped.

Some slight, very slight, heel slippage (even with a thick-ish sock), but that's the same as my Docs and I choose that over going down to an 11, which I think would be too tight.

In New Balance runners I wear a UK 11.5 and that seems pretty much perfect, so if these came in half sizes, that's where I'd be. But in this situation, I think going up made most sense.

bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Re: Wested Boots, August 2024

Post by bearbeast »

Good choice, I love my Wested boots. Good quality and they will age nicely.

Hope they serve you well!

Cheers,
Bear
Rob
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Rob »

bearbeast wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:48 am Good choice, I love my Wested boots. Good quality and they will age nicely.

Hope they serve you well!
Thanks! I'm wearing them at work today with navy dress pants and a button down shirt (and the Wested).

I love that I'm wearing Indy gear but it's totally flying under the radar :whip:
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

That's part of the awesomeness. 99% of people won't know they're Indy-gear. :lol: inconspicuous cosplay. \:D/

Cheers,
Bear
Rob
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Rob »

Hit the boots with some Leather Honey. They drank down three applications before I sensed the leather was conditioned.

Should be a bit nicer to walk around in, too :whip:

bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

Looks good! The more you use them the softer the leather gets. Unfortunately the inner sole is still hard and in time will ply to the grid of the rubber sole. It makes for some uncomfortable ridges. But it only happens after some hundred kilometers into the shoe...uh...mileage.

Cheers,
Bear
Rob
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Rob »

bearbeast wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 5:03 am Looks good! The more you use them the softer the leather gets. Unfortunately the inner sole is still hard and in time will ply to the grid of the rubber sole. It makes for some uncomfortable ridges. But it only happens after some hundred kilometers into the shoe...uh...mileage.
I wondered about that, and actually got some workboot inner soles this past week. Haven't fitted them yet.

As I have a slight bit of play in the boot I think they will fit well, stop the slight slipping issues, and give me some comfort.

Well, that's the idea, anyway! :whip:
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

That is a great idea, I think it will work nicely. Should help a lot with the slipping and the ribbing!

Cheers,
Bear